• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
There's some sort of tempo or aggro rogue I'm seeing all of the sudden that uses faerie dragon. The hell?

Also, it's very interesting to see how Zephrys is being used in basically any deck that intends to draw through itself, regardless of the number of duplicates in the deck. We really never saw that with past Highlander cards, probably because it wasn't so easy to empty your deck at that time.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's some sort of tempo or aggro rogue I'm seeing all of the sudden that uses faerie dragon. The hell?

Also, it's very interesting to see how Zephrys is being used in basically any deck that intends to draw through itself, regardless of the number of duplicates in the deck. We really never saw that with past Highlander cards, probably because it wasn't so easy to empty your deck at that time.

has been included since like a month ago, it's a fringe inclussion to avoid early mage removal, in the end it could snowball them with other threats.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
This seems like a really good meta for earth elemental/ancestral spirt combo. Mages and shamans aren't even running polymorph and hex.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel personally attacked. I only play that deck, because I only had to spend 2K dust ok. A lot of decks are so expensive. -_-
beggining of the meta is always like that. Hard to make decks because most decks try to get greedy while everyone is experimenting with different ideas, all ideas are unrefined, in metas like these the aggro decks thrive, and don't feel bad, aggro decks are a valid part of the meta, later on those deck will also be more refined.

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about trying a Mecha'thun quest Shaman. I don't think it'll be any good, but hopefully it'll be fun and I can get it to work once. If anything, I just want to be able to farm warriors. Not sure if the deck will be able to draw fast enough though

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Kibler just gave a suggestion so good to nerf Dr Boom while keeping him playable that I didn't considered before, he suggested that the battlecry should be give rush to the mech in your hand and deck. That would adress the countless Devastators and only one of your Tomb Wardens would have rush

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Might try it. Wonder if Big Shaman would just be better though.
I was unaware Big Shaman was a thing, and I'm apparently 3000 to 4000 dust away from building it.

It probably is better then, but 7/8 taunt is pretty good against all matchups outside of combined silence/remove. I also have a little nostalgia for the completely classic set combo of Faceless Manipulator, Ancestral Spirit, Earth Elemental.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I've crafted a lot of stuff so far, but I can't stop playing Quest Rogue. Feels like it has a chance against most stuff, though Quest Paladin felt unwinnable if they got online early and you can't deny the board.

Hunter is hard and Mage if they pocket early, but I've been climbing slowly with it. lol

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Went from rank 9 to rank 5 with Highlander Mage, feels really strong. Wins can come out of nowhere with Antonidas (there's a lack of healing in the meta I feel) or simply the box.

EDIT: And Luna's Pocket Galaxy of course, a card that really shouldn't be 5 mana.

Last edited:

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
I've only climbed one rank with Highlander Quest Hunter that someone posted above (with some minor tweaks), I enjoy the deck so much more than other powerful stuff I can make. I might switch to HIghlander Mage for more fun climbing (and to actually make some progress)

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Went from rank 9 to rank 5 with Highlander Mage, feels really strong. Wins can come out of nowhere with Antonidas (there's a lack of healing in the meta I feel) or simply the box.

EDIT: And Luna's Pocket Galaxy of course, a card that really shouldn't be 5 mana.
which highlander are you running? I realized yesterday there were 2 highlander mages on meta, the normal one and a big spell variant, the big spell variant has been making some nice work for me.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Might try it. Wonder if Big Shaman would just be better though.
I was unaware Big Shaman was a thing, and I'm apparently 3000 to 4000 dust away from building it.

It probably is better then, but 7/8 taunt is pretty good against all matchups outside of combined silence/remove. I also have a little nostalgia for the completely classic set combo of Faceless Manipulator, Ancestral Spirit, Earth Elemental.

Tried this for a few games yesterday. The deck gets completely wrecked by Warrior. The problem is without the Spellstone, you can't generate massive boards of huge minions. And running Faceless is awkward, since it messes with your Eurekas. So you are stuck playing one big dude+Ancestral at a time and Warrior plays Omega Destroyer and one other Mech and clears both halves. Or if you get two out at a time, they Supercollider and clear them both.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Hope it's ok to share just a tiny bit of hsreplay premium and show the top 11 for 5-legend in the last 3 days. Quite different from where people think it is.

N6P3sTj.png

As for popularity, i'll just say Control Warrior, Combo Priest, Highlander Mage, Control Mage, and Secret Hunter make up 50% of the 5-legend meta.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's ok to share just a tiny bit of hsreplay premium and show the top 11 for 5-legend in the last 3 days. Quite different from where people think it is.

N6P3sTj.png
that's... quite interesting to see, thanks for sharing.

clearly this is not the first time that the community outcries for a deck that is not even in the top 5, however, I still think it is a valid complain, because the feel is everything in the community even if that deck is terrible they still have to address it, that's why elysianna was nerfed, not because it decided matches, but because of a general sentiment towards the card.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The accuracy of the complaints is never very high and never very relevant. People are unhappy. They might not know exactly why they are unhappy, but they are unhappy.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Man, ever since hitting Rank 5 I have hit a wall. I'll get up to high Rank 4, then slide right back. Nothing really seems to be working for me. Lots of matchups where I feel I can't win.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I was playing Fibonacci's Highlander Face Warrior and it was putting in work from 5-4. I never played too much so it's hard to judge but I think I played 6 games and lost once, when I missed lethal. There's so little weapon removal that upgrade on pretty much any Warrior weapon means you're going to push a ton of damage.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I was playing Fibonacci's Highlander Face Warrior and it was putting in work from 5-4. I never played too much so it's hard to judge but I think I played 6 games and lost once, when I missed lethal. There's so little weapon removal that upgrade on pretty much any Warrior weapon means you're going to push a ton of damage.

Decklist? Is that the one with Octosari? I unfortunately don't have that one and it seems too meme-y to craft :/

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Decklist? Is that the one with Octosari? I unfortunately don't have that one and it seems too meme-y to craft :/
That's the one. I think I saw it recommended by someone on YouTube and when I saw it had Octosari I was excited to try it. I thought that card seemed cool for how straightforward it is and actually unpacked it so I was looking to get some use out of it. Honestly don't know if it's that useful though. When I played it I was usually already dead since making it to turn 8 was usually a bad sign. I played it a couple times hoping the opponent would at least kill it before me so I could have the satisfaction of drawing a buttload but it never worked.

I should maybe just give the regular Tempo Warrior a go since the Bloodsworn Mercenaries seem like the real slick part of the deck.

EDIT: I just checked the meme decks that I remember being excited about and it's dismal. HSReplay has 3 Rogue decks listed for Mogu Cultist and none for Desert Obelisk. I'm sad I'll likely never get to see Highkeeper Ra.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh the card that draws 8 cards when you kill it

Someone had one of those get summoned from a spell or deathrattle minion or something when they had 1 card left in their deck, sucked for them after I killed it right away lol

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Playing it in shudderwock?
You know it.

I'm interested in seeing if novice engineer is worth it or not. It makes the shudderwock combo a little complicated thanks to fatigue damage, but it's so damn good with the quest in a combo deck in getting to that combo, both for early completion and cycling to what you need. But if you get four draws lined up consecutively without heals with shudderwock you're dead to fatigue.

Maybe baleful banker?

Last edited:

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Man, ever since hitting Rank 5 I have hit a wall. I'll get up to high Rank 4, then slide right back. Nothing really seems to be working for me. Lots of matchups where I feel I can't win.

Is it the deck you're playing? also it can help A LOT to play with someone else. It's not just their opinions on plays that help but it helps take the pressure off and just being in that position does wonders for your ability to view the game. I think it was ThatsAdmirable who talked about how much easier and simple the game became for him when he pretended he was looking over his friend's shoulder saying "just do this, ya idiot!".

Just never coop with Purple. Don't do it.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it the deck you're playing? also it can help A LOT to play with someone else. It's not just their opinions on plays that help but it helps take the pressure off and just being in that position does wonders for your ability to view the game. I think it was ThatsAdmirable who talked about how much easier it became for him when he pretended he was looking over his friend's shoulder saying "just do this, ya idiot!".

Just never coop with Purple. Don't do it.
co-op is insane... honestly, I've been seeing several streamers do their normal streams alone and then doing the co-op with other and they perform so much better with a second person's point of view...

I actually would love to do some co-op in my life, but no one I know in my country plays this game (there are people, but I don't know any)

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Has fencing coach actually been worth it? Seems unnecessary.
Extremely worth it. That's the entire reason to run the quest in the first place.

Before you had a very bad odds to get back your shudderwock unless you play multiples of zola, grumble, and dopplegangster for redundency. Now it's 100% every time with just one fencing coach, one dopplegangster, and one of zola/grumble.

Plus it helps having more mana to stuff in more battlecrys into one turn.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
co-op is insane... honestly, I've been seeing several streamers do their normal streams alone and then doing the co-op with other and they perform so much better with a second person's point of view...

I actually would love to do some co-op in my life, but no one I know in my country plays this game (there are people, but I don't know any)

Everytime I spectate someone I see at least 2-3 lines of play that the other person didn't go for. This game has way more skill (decision-making, planning, card knowledge) than a lot of people give it credit for.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
So I tried that fibonacci deck and have not lost a game, 5 straight to rank 4. I just spanked a control warrior, felt great. Crazy thing is I forgot to finish my brawliseum run and the pack it rewarded me today had Octosari in it which was the only card I needed.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
serpent-ward-card-art.png
Splitting-Axe-1.png

I put them more like a meme in my quest deck, but I've closed more games with these (some times with 2 Serpent Wards on hand) than I expected, you can do 8 to 17 damage from hand if they don't have taunt

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Went from muahaha mode to want to quit the game mode, after 3 different games decided by gnomefuratu getting one of my 4 combo pieces. Will have to revisit for if it's just luck later, but I'm starting to feel like wild Warlock is litterally the no fun allowed class against every single last archetype. Feels like you can't aggro, combo, or midrange it unless you're playing a tier one deck, and maybe not even then.

Seriously, does it even have a counter now? Like, it's the best control class by far given its tools, and yet still is the only class with extremely good combo deck counter class cards.

I litterally have no counter play to it other than hope it whiffs or never play combo decks. At least with dirty rat I can try to keep my hand full of minions to lessen the odds.

Proof: 1 2 3

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Went from muahaha mode to want to quit the game mode, after 3 different games decided by gnomefuratu getting one of my 4 combo pieces. Will have to revisit for if it's just luck later, but I'm starting to feel like wild Warlock is litterally the no fun allowed class against every single last archetype. Feels like you can't aggro, combo, or midrange it unless you're playing a tier one deck, and maybe not even then.

Seriously, does it even have a counter now? Like, it's the best control class by far given its tools, and yet still is the only class with extremely good combo deck counter class cards.

I litterally have no counter play to it other than hope it whiffs or never play combo decks. At least with dirty rat I can try to keep my hand full of minions to lessen the odds.

Proof: 1 2 3

I think decks that rely on a single win condition are a weakness that is difficult to thrive in certain metas. Your deck looks like it's all in on one combo and that could be a mistake. OTOH you may be able to fatigue the warlock if they're drawing more often then you are. Some match ups are simply difficult to see all the avenues to win and take time to learn. I've played a lot of control paladin vs warlock, and I know it's a hard match up but even then was typically winnable.

I also think your deck could use a bit of work. There are just so many cards in wild that have to be better than novice engineer and clockwork gnome. I don't really know, but that is the impression I got. Maybe move a bit more towards a controlling archetype rather than trying to hit the combo super quick every game. But definitely don't worry about the games where they get super lucky on a gnomerferatu hit. Or you could diversify your win condition.

I don't know personally that much about wild, but I asked is comphs and they said a lot does, but especially secret mage.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
which highlander are you running? I realized yesterday there were 2 highlander mages on meta, the normal one and a big spell variant, the big spell variant has been making some nice work for me.
Sorry for the late response, it's Thijs' list I'm using.

### Reno Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Magic Trick
# 1x (1) Ray of Frost
# 1x (2) Ancient Mysteries
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Frostbolt
# 1x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 1x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Conjurer's Calling
# 1x (3) Counterspell
# 1x (3) Flame Ward
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 1x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Arcane Keysmith
# 1x (4) Polymorph
# 1x (4) Sandbinder
# 1x (5) Luna's Pocket Galaxy
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (6) Reno the Relicologist
# 1x (7) Archmage Antonidas
# 1x (7) Flamestrike
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (8) Power of Creation
# 1x (8) Tortollan Pilgrim
# 1x (10) Kalecgos
# 1x (10) Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
# 1x (12) Mountain Giant
#
AAECAf0EHk1xigHJA6sE5gSWBeEH7Ae4CL7sAp7wAu72Asb4AqCAA4OWA5+bA6CbA+KbA/+dA4qeA6WhA8KhA/yjA4ukA5KkA7+kA4SnA/SrA5+3AwAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that Reno Mage is pretty nutty. I wish I could try, but I don't have everything for it.

Back to my poor person Zoolock. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.