• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to 500 wins with every class. Holy shit that's a lot of Hearthstone. I think I have 2 classic legendaries left to get and a 12 win arena run and all my personal goals will be done.

Edit: forgot about Brightwing and Whitemane, so 4 left.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
LOL

Got to -77 health in a priest vs priest matchup with 3 northshire clerics on the board and lots of injured minions after I played a circle of healing and then my opponent did the same lol

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
So now the only answer to warrior is to blitz them down by turn 9. Fun.

Also, I really don't like playing against Combo Priest anymore, and extra arms isn't the problem. It's the tiring gameplay of "don't let any minion with more than 5 health exist on the board at any point in the game, ever" it just feels like playing against a really boring AI.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
nerfs look fine, Dr boom doesn't need to be nerfed to the ground, it's a good card, they intended it to be this good, nothing wrong with that.

Lunas's pocket galaxy seems to be out of the game, same with extra arms,

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm kinda shocked that Divine Spirit still isn't hall of famed.

Funny that after 3 years of complaining about barnes, they finally nerf him at a time when his decks has the least impact on the meta ever. Still happy to see it.

Dr Boom nerf is a buff to control Warrior in wild because not playing that card makes the deck better. Even in decklists with only standard cards, Dr. Boom was near the bottom of drawn winrates because it's simply not the answer to anything you're likely to play against.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BTW, boom on 9 is really terrible tempo, I know control warrior really doesn't depend on tempo, but still, 9 mana for 7 armor is really a weak play, even weaker when you consider any aggro deck will run over warrior by turn 7 and that 7 armor on turn 7 was a life saver a lot of times

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm sure other players will take care of rushing down Warrior by turn 9 if you don't want to. Either way, you'll still see less warrior.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It's fun that 1 mana nerfs always buff either odd or even decks with that card. Conjurer's Calling is now even, and all the neutral Giants are even too.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I love how people always predict unique nerfs for cards that involve altering the text or changing the way it interacts with other cards. And every time Blizzard just does a simple number change on the card and calls it a day. lol

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love how people always predict unique nerfs for cards that involve altering the text or changing the way it interacts with other cards. And every time Blizzard just does a simple number change on the card and calls it a day. lol

and well... it works.

I think eveytime they do it the meta changes and those cards see significant less play, except quest rogue, but that thing was like a cocroach in this game. Now they nerfed it to the ground

Oct 25, 2017
The nerfs look fine to me. Not sure if there is any more or less I would do. Maybe HOF mountain giant.'

I think it's better that way, they don't need to fundamentally change the cards to balance them. At least more often than not, that is the case.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
A mana nerf on Dr Boom doesnt do what I wanted done to Control Warrior, it hurts the deck in aggressive matchups but it can still basically run 29 removal cards and Dr Boom and win control matchups and thats just fucking gross.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I'll feel bad dusting my golden Dr. Boom but I think I'll have to. It's rotating out before too long and I really can't handle overly long games. I already dusted Archivist Elysianna when I got the chance.

I'm curious how effective these nerfs will be. I won't be surprised if the Luna's Pocket Galaxy does disappear now. Conjurer's is still good and I don't think doing the double Conjurer's in one turn was even that bad. Just playing Giant and then Conjurer's on 7 (or 6 if you have the coin) is still gonna hurt. Or even just drop Giant on 4 and then if you can't answer then it'll get conjured on the following turn.

Playing against Control Warrior is still gonna be a slog too but there will probably be less of them. And it's already not that popular from my experience.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Made Voltron happen easily with this brawl. I knew I was hanging on to that golden Mimiron's Head for a reason!

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
and well... it works.

I think eveytime they do it the meta changes and those cards see significant less play, except quest rogue, but that thing was like a cocroach in this game. Now they nerfed it to the ground
The nerfs look fine to me. Not sure if there is any more or less I would do. Maybe HOF mountain giant.'

I think it's better that way, they don't need to fundamentally change the cards to balance them. At least more often than not, that is the case.

Yeah, not saying it's ineffective. Just laughing at how bad people are at predicting nerfs.

Oct 25, 2017
Made Voltron happen easily with this brawl. I knew I was hanging on to that golden Mimiron's Head for a reason!
I think this brawl is secretly what I've always wanted the game to be, lol. Just complete nonsense. Yesterday was the first time in a while I hit the daily gold cap, and I did it fast as hell. Not sure if I'll play it again, because I'm sure by now the decks are ridiculously broken.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
If you're gonna punt Luna back to 7, why not just get rid of the card? The entire reason they bumped it from 7 to 5 in the first place because it was so damn slow at 7 that nobody played it. There was no conjurers back then, but still. 7 mana pretty much returns the card to dead.

Last edited:

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Guess they're re-buffing Luna after next update back to 5. Again. :P But yeah, that is a bit of an odd nerf. Perhaps it should have had some actual text change instead of mana cost. Really surprised that Warrior didn't get basically nerfed at all, but guess that means I can get finally those 500 wins with it, just around 40 to go.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I think this brawl is secretly what I've always wanted the game to be, lol. Just complete nonsense. Yesterday was the first time in a while I hit the daily gold cap, and I did it fast as hell. Not sure if I'll play it again, because I'm sure by now the decks are ridiculously broken.
That's awesome, haha. honestly though there have been a lot of brawls that have completely broken shit. I love all the ones that trigger minion summons when you cast a spell, or vice versa.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why people are playing that Linecracker druid deck still. The only kind of deck it's remotely good against is the kind of deck likely to play geist. And rat. And deathlord.

That deck is seriously awful.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, the brawl has been amazingly varied, i thought it was going to have a few optimized decks but on the contrary everyone has been running different things.

For example I've been running my version of OTK warlock with summoning portal, mech warper and snip snap (with an extra boar to make the blow if there is nothing on board)

If you're gonna punt Luna back to 7, why not just get rid of the card? The entire reason they bumped it from 7 to 5 in the first place because it was so damn slow at 7 that nobody played it. There was no conjurers back then, but still. 7 mana pretty much returns the card to dead.

Nobody said the card should be playable in the first place, yeah they want it dead and i can see why. The buffs were meant to shake up the meta, not to straight up kill it by a single card. Not every card was meant to be playable.

Last edited:

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The boom nerf is the most disappointing thing out of all of these... This does nothing to address the issue with the card.

This card is terrible design and should be meme tier imo. 7 is still keeps it in the "playable for meme tier" category, so I'm fine with it.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
is Luna's really that bad for 7? Feels like it still gives you ridiculous high roll potential in a deck filled with high value minions that you'd love to cheat out, which is still going to steal some games. What replaces it in Highlander mage? Does the deck just stop being so ridiculously greedy?

Oct 25, 2017
Luna was obviously broken at 5 and probably still too good at 6. Mage isn't even supposed to be a class that's good at cheating mana that well. The card barely fits the theme to begin with. It should have been printed like... spells only maybe. But they won't change it to be spells only because it fundamentally changes the card too much.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
is Luna's really that bad for 7? Feels like it still gives you ridiculous high roll potential in a deck filled with high value minions that you'd love to cheat out, which is still going to steal some games. What replaces it in Highlander mage? Does the deck just stop being so ridiculously greedy?
At 7 it was one of those things that feels very overpowered whenever you actually see it played against you, but when you play it yourself you see how it just sits in your hand being useless 90% of the time.

The highroll is still devastating, but too rare and not devastating enough to be worth it.

Last edited:

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
So I never bought the Welcome Bundle. If I bought it now, would I get Brightwing? It's the only Classic Legendary Dragon I do not have, but I'm pretty sure it was added after the bundle was released, so I'm not sure if it counts?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the bundle checks for legendary dragon tagged minions on classic and brightwing was already labeled, so it was included.

Oct 25, 2017
It's way way harder to find the time to play it. At 5 you at least have blizzard the turn after and then flamestrike after that to try to gain back the board you gave up on turn 5

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Cards that allow you to cheat out other cards have always been problematic and I'm never sad to see them leave the meta for one reason or another.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I want to pull off using Splitting Axe but so far not much luck.
I've come up with something that's had some mild success in standard. 60% win rate after 25 games around rank 8. Feels about as tight as it's going to get. Can't imagine any replacements being better than what's in this list.

Your basically only win condition is to build a board of a ton of low attack high health minions that the opponent doesn't have the attack points to clear, which you then use to bloodlust the hell out of them.

### Totem Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Totemic Might
# 2x (0) Totemic Surge
# 2x (0) Zap!
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Totemic Smash
# 2x (1) Voltaic Burst
# 1x (2) Earthen Might
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 2x (2) Serpent Ward
# 1x (3) Electra Stormsurge
# 2x (3) Flametongue Totem
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Nightmare Amalgam
# 2x (4) Splitting Axe
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (7) Mogu Fleshshaper
#
AAECAaoIArDwApn7Ag6BBL4G8AeTCfbwApv/Apz/At6CA4iFA52jA9SlA9qlA/mlA/2nAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

edit: ok i guess i can tighten it up a little more, removing the likum and one earthen might for 2x totemic smash, and updated the decklist above.

Last edited:

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I can barely play it till about then most games anyway so no.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have an alt account for each class so that I can try out some cards before making them on my main account. Most of these accounts are still below rank 25.

I honestly face more completely constructed meta decks with these accounts below rank 25 than i do at rank 10-15. I haven't faced a clear Homebrew deck in a very long time. Queue times are super long too. At least a minute.

An interesting thing about below rank 25 is they never show you your opponent's rank. So who knows what level I'm facing. I went on like a 10 game losing streak at one point.

I used to think the new player experience was quite good when they added these ranks but now I feel like it's actually quite bad. You still get a decent amount of free stuff to start building a collection, particularly if you focus on a single class. But the competition is simply too fierce right now.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the live Europe Grandmasters right now, and...are these guys at home? In their own hotel rooms? I thought official competitions required people to be in the same room / an arena.

Annotation-2019-08-24-104023.png

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the live Europe Grandmasters right now, and...are these guys at home? In their own hotel rooms? I thought official competitions required people to be in the same room / an arena.

Annotation-2019-08-24-104023.png
yeah they are, amnesiac was actually playing from home and all..

I think they are required when they are further in the season, like in semifinals and things like that, at the begging they can be at home

Status
Not open for further replies.