• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
yeah they are, amnesiac was actually playing from home and all..

I think they are required when they are further in the season, like in semifinals and things like that, at the begging they can be at home

Are any type of competition authorities present to monitor for third-party cheating tools and software or to ensure that they don't have someone nearby feeding them tips and hints? Off camera

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda late, but I finally beat the final wing of the Dalaran Heist. I was stuck at the final boss for such a long time. He kept snowballing out of control. I had to turn on anomaly and managed to complete a run with the double spellcast anomaly, Druid with the treasure to make ur spells cost health instead of mana and lots of token generating spells and buffs.

The rewards were pretty disappointing though. Kinda sucks that u can't dust the shitty golden legendary. Not sure if I'm gonna buy the next singleplayer content. The dungeon run style gameplay gets kinda old after a while.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I have an alt account for each class so that I can try out some cards before making them on my main account. Most of these accounts are still below rank 25.

I honestly face more completely constructed meta decks with these accounts below rank 25 than i do at rank 10-15. I haven't faced a clear Homebrew deck in a very long time. Queue times are super long too. At least a minute.

An interesting thing about below rank 25 is they never show you your opponent's rank. So who knows what level I'm facing. I went on like a 10 game losing streak at one point.

I used to think the new player experience was quite good when they added these ranks but now I feel like it's actually quite bad. You still get a decent amount of free stuff to start building a collection, particularly if you focus on a single class. But the competition is simply too fierce right now.
Maybe there simply isn't new players playing bad decks to match you up against?

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
After five years of playing this game, I finally committed to making the push for Legend and...

screenshot2019-08-24aizk4z.png

FeelsGoodMan

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
What combo priest decklist did you use?

### Combo Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Circle of Healing
# 2x (0) Silence
# 1x (0) Topsy Turvy
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Lightwarden
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Extra Arms
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 2x (2) Neferset Ritualist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Injured Blademaster
# 1x (4) High Priest Amet
# 2x (4) Psychopomp
#
AAECAa0GAtD+AqmlAw74AuUE9gfVCKUJ0QrSCvIM9wz7DOX3Aq+lA9KlA4SoAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I think the Holy Ripple versions might be better, but I don't have it. I do like running double Silence though. I won a few games versus Mage by silencing my frozen minion and then comboing them. :D

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Are any type of competition authorities present to monitor for third-party cheating tools and software or to ensure that they don't have someone nearby feeding them tips and hints? Off camera

what kind of cheating tools or software are you talking about?
last season grandmasters played from home. You might not have noticed because they were all given screens to put up to block out their rooms.

Oct 25, 2017
### Combo Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Circle of Healing
# 2x (0) Silence
# 1x (0) Topsy Turvy
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Lightwarden
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Extra Arms
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 2x (2) Neferset Ritualist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Injured Blademaster
# 1x (4) High Priest Amet
# 2x (4) Psychopomp
#
AAECAa0GAtD+AqmlAw74AuUE9gfVCKUJ0QrSCvIM9wz7DOX3Aq+lA9KlA4SoAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I think the Holy Ripple versions might be better, but I don't have it. I do like running double Silence though. I won a few games versus Mage by silencing my frozen minion and then comboing them. :D

Ah, I have the one with the holy ripples but I still haven't gotten used to playing it, maybe I'll give it a shot after Boom is nerfed.....oh wait, arms is nerfed too, hmmm

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The Dr. Boom nerf offends me.

Increased the mana cost to 9 but kept the armor gain at 7 when this is the opportunity to reduce it to the standard 5. Blizzard can't even balance their memes.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
what kind of cheating tools or software are you talking about?
last season grandmasters played from home. You might not have noticed because they were all given screens to put up to block out their rooms.
Idk I assume some exist out there.
Also, how do they ensure they aren't using deck trackers? Or as those actually allowed?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm liking Plague of Flames in Cubelock is so damn much. Remember when it was OP to restore 8 health for 1 mana and killing the friendly minion you need killed anyway? Killing the opponent's board is even better than that.

Even put in Nerubian and Serpant Egg to combo with it, and it's working out very well. Tried very hard to make something similar in Standard, but my god the deathrattles in standard now are so bad.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm suprised Anka, The Buried is the least popular legendary of the set. I assumed there must have been some sort of degenerate combo with it, at least to make it more popular than Hack the System or Octosari.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm suprised Anka, The Buried is the least popular legendary of the set. I assumed there must have been some sort of degenerate combo with it, at least to make it more popular than Hack the System or Octosari.

the problem is that generally the deathrattles in the game are pretty weak overall and anka requires powerful deathrattles. I'm not sure if team 5 still fears making big deathrattles with Nzoth existing.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i honestly laughed at the Luna nerf. it's literally the "upgrade" "oh fuck go back" meme lol

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Combo Priest, mainly. Went from Rank 7 to Legend with a 64% win rate in 90 games.

I did experiment a little with Aggro Warrior at Rank 3, but only had a 50% win rate, so it didn't contribute to my climb at all.

Congrats, man! I saw you making the push at rank 1 last night. I thought about messaging but didn't want to jinx it. lol

Anka is so good. Problems being A) you have to draw her and 2) there aren't that many good DRs.

Best case, you get a Cairn or Mechanical Whelp. I swear, Anka on 5, turn 6 Mech Whelp into Vial is soooo good. Otherwise, you can slot in Octo for card draw, Deranged Doctor for healing, the new eggs for cheap 3/4s or the 2/4 mech that makes poison dudes for removal.

I hit rank 10 (with Quest Roque / Priest / Shaman ) last night so kind of torn between try-harding for r5 or memeing it up.

Anyway, Anka was my first craft, and I don't regret her.

I love DR Rogue (and Priest) and I even made Myra to go with her. It's not a bad deck, and I hope we get a little more support next expansion (before whelp rotates).

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love how Control Warrior can dominate for months before Doctor Boom gets touched, but a couple weeks of Priest being good was enough to nerf Extra Arms back into uselessness.

Divine Spirit/Inner Fire HOF probably will happen this year.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I was honestly only really nervous going into the final boss match. I had an insane draw though and got a 36/36 Cleric on Turn 5 to win it. Sometimes the RNG gods are on your side. 😁
when I got my legend I was shaking non stop through all rank 1, I was going from one side of the room to the other in literal anxiety about it, I was fortunate to get the good draws back then as well.

on the final boss I remember it was a hunter with a experimental deck, on the lower ranks of legend there is a lot of experimentation and he couldn't make it against the deck I used back then. I screaming when I got legend back then, since then I still haven't made it back to legend.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
easily one of the more intense and dumb games i've played lately. faced a bomb warrior as control warrior, Elysiana deleted all his bombs and then turned me into a bomb warrior. this game convinced me to change my Shadowplay settings to 20 minutes again

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Idk I assume some exist out there.
Also, how do they ensure they aren't using deck trackers? Or as those actually allowed?
Hacks can't exist in hearthstone because basically everything happens on the server. There have been times when certain cards made the server send info to the client that should be kept secret, but those are usually fixed pretty quickly.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a system that should ensure you wouldn't face the same class repeatedly? I've faced 4 murloc paladins since the nerfs went live lol.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hacks can't exist in hearthstone because basically everything happens on the server. There have been times when certain cards made the server send info to the client that should be kept secret, but those are usually fixed pretty quickly.
There was just somebody banned for using a program that allowed them to play more snip snaps in a Glinda otk deck. Not manipulating server side info though of course.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
My dust levels are pretty healthy now. Think I was around 0 and now have over 6400. I only had 2 Extra Arms so I might have jumped the gun and disenchanted extras of those already but I still had a golden Conjurer's, 5 non-golden Conjurer's, Luna's, and golden Dr. Boom. I wasn't even playing Mage currently so I think the only card that was being used in a deck was Extra Arms.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
nerfs are not live on mobile, and because of that the tavern brawl queues are insanely high, about 5 minutes before finding someone

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are you on Android or iOS? It was a quick in-client download on iOS a few hours ago.
on android, amazon appstore, actually, so we are usually the last ones to update, but this time it's pretty bad, I think we are almost alone awaiting ha ha, gonna check he appstore to see if there is any update that hasn't installed

EDIT: nevermind! it just updated itself, fortunately, those waiting times in tavern brawl were killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.