• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Hacks can't exist in hearthstone because basically everything happens on the server. There have been times when certain cards made the server send info to the client that should be kept secret, but those are usually fixed pretty quickly.

I guess I just assumed hackers were enterprising enough to figure shit out somehow. Aren't Diablo games all server-side and still prone to hacks too?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I barely dust much anymore. Seems to help long term even if that isn't my intent. I didn't have pocket galaxy though. I thought I did get that but maybe not. I remember getting golden luna though, which I still have. This cycle I got barnes and dr. boom to dust, which feelsgood. I think I may have crafted boom so not much gained there.

edit:
At 12k dust if I ever really feel like jumping back in hard core again it's a good place to start.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been tempted to dust a lot of wild stuff in my collection because I never intend to really play that mode... but can't seem to push myself over the edge.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quest shaman seems really strong post patch. The boom nerf really killed control warrior (I don't even think it's early to say this, it really seems like a bad deck now), and reno mage is less powerful so you can build safer against aggro. I can see this being a tier 1 deck. Quest druid seems really powerful too, and destroys quest shaman pretty hard.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Playing against Control Warrior is the absolute worst experience in this game. At least back in the day we had Entomb, but now playing any sort of creature deck just has me rolling my eyes until they fall out of my head. Even winning feels bad.

Control Warrior drove me away last expansion and I hate that I have to endure it again this expansion as well. Guess I'll just start teching Quest Druid for the match up with Elise, Floop, Nomi, and Phaoros. Otherwise, Quest Druid feels pretty good, as does Quest Shaman.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
This stupid brawl is the most I've enjoyed Hearthstone in ages. Playing a highlander druid.

Don't see these nerfs making ladder more tolerable though.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
In the chance that Dr. Boom manages to get online at 9, it still becomes a heinously unfun slog to deal with.
I've had success making sure that he can't play it at all without taking a shit load of damage while doing it. Granted all decks can't go with that gameplan, but at least beating the warrior before boom or preventing them from playing it is a viable strategy now.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Boom getting nerfed to 9 mana really does hurt it, it's practically a dead turn for warrior, unless you had coin + shield slam or play it on turn 10 and shield slam for instance. But it is funny how just expansion or two ago people were claiming that warrior is dead, and how they complain about it again, oh the cycles of Hearthstone.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Apparently Highlander Enrage Warrior is the new best deck if you have the skill to play it. Seems to have good matchups against everything but other warrior archetypes.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
For lower ranks, hsreplay actually has Highlander Secret hunter as best deck.

Murlocs take the overall best deck, just because they're good in both low and high ranks.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck warrior. still.

The worst part of the nerf is how fucking irrelevant it is to what makes Doctor Boom and control warrior powerful but it will still keep blizz from even thinking about touching the deck again for another fucking expansion.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Fuck warrior. still.

The worst part of the nerf is how fucking irrelevant it is to what makes Doctor Boom and control warrior powerful but it will still keep blizz from even thinking about touching the deck again for another fucking expansion.

It's even more astounding to me because Warrior got some amazing control tools for the early game. The deck isn't going to fall off at all and it's still going to be completely oppressive against the majority of slower decks.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Dusted all my Wild epics and legendaries. Yeah, I know it's not ideal, but I never play Wild and I never plan to. So whatever.

45k dust now.

tenor.gif

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It would be nice if Standard and Wild gave separate rewards, but I guess Blizzard it too stingy for that. That would get me playing Wild.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Tempted to dust my useless golden legendaries

I doubt The Darkness will ever be useful lol
It was kinda useful against Raza the Chained before it got nerfed, but even that was mostly just good if you really extra hated that deck.

I've also seen some really fun memeing with decks focused on copying it and its battlecry. Candles draw pretty quick when you shuffle in 9 instead of 3. Maybe one day the copies are so good it becomes a good deck.

I wouldn't dust it if it wasn't golden, but since it's golden, i'd dust it.

Last edited:

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Quest Paladin is doing alright but not exceptional, ~65% winrate at legend. Still not sure about all 30 cards in the list. I've gone 2 subdue 0 consec but sometimes I get got by wide boards of shitty dudes. Subdue feels pretty good tho.

Check out this match against a hand buff paladin. I should have died? maybe?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quest Paladin is doing alright but not exceptional, ~65% winrate at legend. Still not sure about all 30 cards in the list. I've gone 2 subdue 0 consec but sometimes I get got by wide boards of shitty dudes. Subdue feels pretty good tho.

I'm running 2 consecs, 1 subdue and 1 shrink ray, more often than not the ray is not doing much work for me.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Expired merchant honestly was a terrible card to print.
Is the dinomancer combo doing that well? Only saw it a couple of times so far.

I feel it's kinda greedy to include just for more N'Zoth or Guldan, though a lot of the meta is greedy enough that it's not bad. And I haven't seen it used for anything good in standard.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the dinomancer combo doing that well? Only saw it a couple of times so far.

I feel it's kinda greedy to include just for more N'Zoth or Guldan, though a lot of the meta is greedy enough that it's not bad. And I haven't seen it used for anything good in standard.
No it's not very good.

But expired merchant is already too much value with guldan/nzoth and it feels very restrictive for future design.

i don't think it's greedy at all because you can play it so easily. It is so low cost it's easy to fit in.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
No it's not very good.

But expired merchant is already too much value with guldan/nzoth and it feels very restrictive for future design.

i don't think it's greedy at all because you can play it so easily. It is so low cost it's easy to fit in.

I was running 2 in cubelock, and it was my lowest drawn winrate card after 35 games. Maybe that's just a low sample, but it made sense to me because it's a little awkward to play. It's game losing if it gets silenced, so you want to use it in a situation where it dies, which makes the 2 mana a little harder to fit.

It's also a completely useless draw if you don't need more 10 mana cards, which is still pretty often. It's not a given that you'd run more guldan and n'zoth if the rules allowed it because you still need to make it to turn 10.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Quest Shaman seems quite good now with nobody playing Warrior and Mage seemingly disappearing as well.

Edit: On the flip side Quest Priest seems like a solid pick if you're running into a lot of Quest Shaman.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to re-start with a F2P account. Have been grinding from rank 50 and up to 30 now, and I'm impressed. Over 5 years in and still no auto-squelch option.

Less jokingly, been an okay time. Looking forward to the next PvE content since I enjoyed the Dalaran Heist.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
The key to quest warrior is to treat it like your old school hero power pass warrior. But the new twist is late game you get to go hero power, hero power, pass.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
This is what I came up with for Quest Warrior after trying a few things. Seems like the only way you can survive weapons being a big part of your control plan is if you do big Armorsmith combos.

### Quest Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Eternium Rover
# 1x (1) Hack the System
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 1x (1) Town Crier
# 1x (1) Whirlwind
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 1x (2) Execute
# 2x (2) Slam
# 2x (2) Warpath
# 1x (2) Weapons Project
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Overlord's Whip
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (4) Restless Mummy
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 1x (5) Plague of Wrath
# 2x (6) Armored Goon
# 2x (7) Gorehowl
#
AAECAQcG/ASRBp3wAvT1AvKoA/eoAwxLogTUBKoG/weyCPsMm/MCs/wCo4sDn6ED9qgDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

You are always reliable when it comes to figuring out the decks that are probably trash, but possibly making them work.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
all I'll say is that even if quest warrior is really bad, when it gets it's quest online it can become a real pain with all those 4/3s around, specially with sulthraze

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
ETC really tried to throw as quest shaman vs control warrior but he still managed to win.

Edit: Seems like Monsanto agrees with me on the warrior matchup. In the game he kept pushing the most damage possible and afterward he commented that he thought it was favorable.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I have not seen a mage in fucking ages. I also haven't seen that many warriors, which is kinda surprising. I still think it's a really good deck. I welcome all the aggro warriors though.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Zoo Warlock is a deck.

I feel good about maybe 27 of these cards, the 2 faerie dragons went in because I was seeing quest druid and losing more than I wanted to but once I slotted them quest druid disappeared. The 1 of grim rally could maybe be a spirit bomb, I like having the extra kill effect when I'm running the 2 eggs though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.