• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many secret mages and shudderwock shamans. So many.

I wouldn't mind secret mage if it weren't 40% of the freaking decks I face. Why would anybody want that many mirrors. I don't understand.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I had 85 health as a control warrior against a quest Shaman that had already played Shudderwock and the mfer wouldn't concede. Why would you do that to yourself?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had 85 health as a control warrior against a quest Shaman that had already played Shudderwock and the mfer wouldn't concede. Why would you do that to yourself?

a well played matchup with quest shaman destroys control warrior, I've seen several times zalae pull it off, but yeah, that was futile at that point

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason I can think of is the player hoping to get a win by a disconnect. It's happened to me twice when I was way way ahead and the opponents just didn't concede...and I got fucking disconnected. I was furious.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Secret Mage isn't so bad in standard format either. Probably high tier 3.

It's one of those decks that feel like it'd be tier one if you could make your deck only 25 cards, but there's just nothing strong enough to fill the last 5 or so slots with, so it's just a little too often you don't draw well enough. Ray of Frost, Flame Ward, Kirin Tor Mage, and Antonidas being the weak points for me.

I think I might like Octosari better than Antonidas in standard format Tempo Secret Mage. Lots of pros and cons. It's definitely a relief not having to worry about saving your spells as much when in top deck mode.

### Secret Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 2x (2) Ancient Mysteries
# 2x (2) Arcane Flakmage
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Counterspell
# 1x (3) Flame Ward
# 2x (3) Kirin Tor Mage
# 2x (3) Mirror Entity
# 2x (3) Splitting Image
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Vex Crow
# 2x (5) Cloud Prince
# 1x (8) Octosari
#
AAECAc2xAgSrBO72Ar+kA4OnAw1xwwG7AuYElgXsBcLzAraIA5+bA/+dA76kA92pA/SrAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
New patch is out, with an interesting change to discover. The class bonus is now gone. This is a bit of a soft nerf.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Big Warrior taunt and mech discover nerf.

In wild I was debating revisiting dark peddler for warlocks many new 1 mana cards, but this is an absolute nuke to that card. Might as well dust it.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Elise copying left to right is pretty interesting, might open up some strategies.
This will make blazing invocation less appealing off of ethereal lackey too.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all.

I recently got back into Hearthstone, and I've been playing Wild for the first time in ages as I naturally just own more cards there. I couldn't make any of the popular decks, so I threw this together.

Are there any obvious improvements you can see? I have enough dust to potentially buy 2 legendary cards worth.

It's let me climb to 15 fairly quickly, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I have no idea about current cards though, or if I've missed something that would work better than any cards I have.

Any feedback appreciated!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
yeah both ysera and emperor don't seem ok on that list
Some tempo to your early game. Try to get threats from your theft cards.
The shadowsteps feel a little awkward to me in that deck too.
The way I'm playing the deck I kind of need all of these cards. The shadowsteps put a lot of work in with Tess, and ET has set up some really strong plays...

I'll see how I go, I've been handling early game okay so far... but I'm only at 15 as I said.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The way I'm playing the deck I kind of need all of these cards. The shadowsteps put a lot of work in with Tess, and ET has set up some really strong plays...

I'll see how I go, I've been handling early game okay so far... but I'm only at 15 as I said.

all of those cards are value oriented, the moment you start facing strong aggro decks (probably on rank 10 and up) you will see why those cards are not as convenient.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
all of those cards are value oriented, the moment you start facing string aggro decks (probably on rank 10 and up) you will see why those cards are not as convenient.
I've been beating aggro decks okay so far and there have been a lot... which is why it feels unnecessary to add those at the expense of the bigger plays. If it gets to the point I have trouble, I'll try those cards. I have them anyway.

Thanks!

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
66% winrate with zoo on my climb to legend, tried a few different lists.
It's not that many games but the highest winrate version (14-5) cuts nefersets and vultures which is interesting. I think it's better into druid, and MAYBE shaman?

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think? Are they too slow?

Druid comes online maybe turn 5, so if you drop a 3/5 on turn 4 you're getting at most a turn to develop pressure and what usually happens is theyll starfall your board and you have very little. Between the powerful early turns, the threat of giants, and the ability for tekkan to make your lackeys resilient to aoe i thinkt his deck does a lot better.

A very quick shaman smash.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
66% winrate with zoo on my climb to legend, tried a few different lists.
It's not that many games but the highest winrate version (14-5) cuts nefersets and vultures which is interesting. I think it's better into druid, and MAYBE shaman?

both of those cards are amazing, the deck usually destroys druid in my experience, with shaman they have a decen winrate but since shaman has so many shenanigans it's difficult to predict, which list are you using right now I have 3 lists, one focused on lackeys, other plain and simple zoo and the highlander zoo, which I never thought it could be good, but it is

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
both of those cards are amazing, the deck usually destroys druid in my experience, with shaman they have a decen winrate but since shaman has so many shenanigans it's difficult to predict, which list are you using right now I have 3 lists, one focused on lackeys, other plain and simple zoo and the highlander zoo, which I never thought it could be good, but it is

Lackey focused Tekhan, Giants, Eggs. Leeroy for murder.

A very quick shaman smash.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm having trouble in the mulligan whenever I have Zephrys. Do I keep this motherfucker or not? I'm sure it's matchup dependent, but I'm just usually clueless. And it's crazy because I get him a lot in my opening hand.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Stopping at rank 134 tonight, can't play any more.
22-4 today with this decklist (85% winrate)

### Zoo
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Abusive Sergeant
# 1x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Grim Rally
# 2x (1) Mecharoo
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 1x (2) Scarab Egg
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) EVIL Recruiter
# 1x (3) Magic Carpet
# 1x (5) Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAf0GBq8E9QWPggPEiQO1nwOCpQMMMNMB8gGxCMII9v0C3IYDtJEDiJ0D+qQD/KQDvaYDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Final game of the night was a real nail-biter. I doubt I would have won if not for a few mistakes from my opponent.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

### Zoo
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Grim Rally
# 2x (1) Mecharoo
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 1x (2) Scarab Egg
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) EVIL Recruiter
# 1x (3) Magic Carpet
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
#

Final game of the night was a real nail-biter. I doubt I would have won if not for a few mistakes from my opponent.
When do you usually play Tekahn? I feel like it would be hard to find a turn to play a 5 Mana 4/4 or does the effect make up for the tempo loss in the next couple of turns?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Neferset Thrasher seems way too reliant on combining with Vulture. +1/+1 is very not worth either 6+ face damage or a poor trade to keep face damage down to 3. 6+ face damage is also extra bad if you're also running things like Spirit Bomb because there's only so much face damage you can take.

I think Questing Adventurer might be underrated in warlock. Lackies and Grim Rally work very well with it, and the meta has a lot of decks that aren't doing anything but completing quests or prismatic lensing around turn 4.

So I'm having trouble in the mulligan whenever I have Zephrys. Do I keep this motherfucker or not? I'm sure it's matchup dependent, but I'm just usually clueless. And it's crazy because I get him a lot in my opening hand.

Keep it if you want to play it turn 2 for wild growth, or if you really want to be sure to have removal on turn 7ish. As far as I know, any other use of him is an emergency only type of thing.

Edit: Well, it's obviously great for finding lethal too, but never keep him for that purpose because it hinders your ability to set up lethal. It doesn't even value setting up a two turn lethal, only giving you savage roar if it's this turn lethal or as a way to clear the board.

Last edited:

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
When do you usually play Tekahn? I feel like it would be hard to find a turn to play a 5 Mana 4/4 or does the effect make up for the tempo loss in the next couple of turns?

one of the things to remember is that he buffs lackeys that are on the board and they can attack right away since it's not a transformation. Likewise tekhan lackey lackey is 12/12 of stats with 2 battlecries on 7 mana.

Oct 25, 2017
Keep it if you want to play it turn 2 for wild growth, or if you really want to be sure to have removal on turn 7ish. As far as I know, any other use of him is an emergency only type of thing.

Edit: Well, it's obviously great for finding lethal too, but never keep him for that purpose because it hinders your ability to set up lethal. It doesn't even value setting up a two turn lethal, only giving you savage roar if it's this turn lethal or as a way to clear the board.
I usually keep it against Druid since wild growth can really help with getting ahead of their quest. But I guess it's just something I'll have to think about with each matchup.
one of the things to remember is that he buffs lackeys that are on the board and they can attack right away since it's not a transformation. Likewise tekhan lackey lackey is 12/12 of stats with 2 battlecries on 7 mana.
Yeah I'm thinking about crafting it since I haven't played zoo in a long time and it seems like this might be the best its been in a while. And since that's an aura effect, silences and equality shit don't do anything, correct?

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I usually keep it against Druid since wild growth can really help with getting ahead of their quest. But I guess it's just something I'll have to think about with each matchup.

Yeah I'm thinking about crafting it since I haven't played zoo in a long time and it seems like this might be the best its been in a while. And since that's an aura effect, silences and equality shit don't do anything, correct?
that's correct.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This was an extremely satisfying game, Exodia Mage down to 1HP, next turn they set up the kill, but my Tess draws an Animated Armour and casts Magic Shell on it.

I counted the fireballs they cast, but watching my health tick down at the end was still nerve wracking.

I paused before choosing my emote at the end, couldn't resist.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

yeah I just did a +9/+9 stats on my board, that almost gave me the kill (next turn my opponent conceeded), but still sometimes I find difficult to know when is the right time to play him

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
yeah I just did a +9/+9 stats on my board, that almost gave me the kill (next turn my opponent conceeded), but still sometimes I find difficult to know when is the right time to play him
I have a rule where whenever a play feels somewhat debatable, always go with the cards that's generally harder to play. So I find myself usually playing it turn 5, unless I have a very good reason not to.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I'm on an an undefeated win streak from 16-11 in Standard using Quest Paladin (minus Da Undertaker and Kangor's Endless Army b/c I'm too cheap to craft them).

So much fun -- and beating Control Warriors convincingly is probably among the most satisfying win for me.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018

### Zoo
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Grim Rally
# 2x (1) Mecharoo
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 1x (2) Scarab Egg
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) EVIL Recruiter
# 1x (3) Magic Carpet
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
#

How important is The Solarium to this deck? And any recommendations on a replacement?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How important is The Solarium to this deck? And any recommendations on a replacement?
well you could replace it with any cheap option like the extra argent squire, but soularium is simply too good in the deck, because the deck plays by often emptying your hand, so the card acts as a refill once the opponet somehow deals with the board and since the cards on the deck are fairly cheap most of the time, you are often getting all cards played on the same turn, making this card a 1 mana draw 3

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I don't think Soularium is that crucial. I wouldn't recommend replacing it if you already own it, but you don't have to craft it for Zoolock.

It should be probably be looked at as a high mana cost card when replacing it, not a low one, so maybe Sn1p Sn4p?

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
My new personal pet peeve is casters saying ArMEGAdillo. Casters please stop.

Do not put octosari in your zoo deck. Please.

Soularium is the card you play on maybe 5-7 when you've dumped most or all of your hand and all you've got is air.
I agree with the Sn1p-Sn4p, it lets you use your mana and it puts bodies on board that synergize with grim rally and sea giant.
In some niche scenarios you can even magnetize it to a roo on board for trading or damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.