• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that math is right... there are 42 50g quests right now, with 15 60g quests, a 80g quest and 3 100g quests, with other 4 quests awarding a classic pack.

on average if you reroll a 50 quest you have a 64% chance of falling to 50g, even contemplating the classic packs which I started rerolling since last year because they are worthless to me at this moment and for some the gold is just better to get newer expansion packs.

BTW, I calculated and the average is on 58.15g per quest, but the average doesn't calculate where you are falling most of the time, which is on the 50g quests.

Still a big change in EV going from 58 to 50.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still a big change in EV going from 58 to 50.

I think you are still missing the point, the average doesn't tell where you are falling, which is 50g on 64% of the time. I absolutely love to min max in this game and I know from experience that rerolling a 60g quest isn't going to make profit, they are just making it easier for people who doesn't play to get their quests done on the easier quests.

And sure, it is actually a downgrade, but for people who really care this doesn't really matter much, I never adviced anyone to reroll a 60g quest.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I get a 3 win quest with a class I don't currently like I'm rerolling it. Being guaranteed to get a 50g quest now stinks.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, it has been clarified that you don't get to keep the wild cards that get added to standard when they get added. They are temporary cards. Don't disenchant!

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I think this event will do more to shake up the meta than the Rise of the Mechs event did. Really loving the mid-cycle shakeups that they've been doing that aren't just card nerfs.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
3UJSCUS670261569455534503.jpg

source.gif

My Hunter has 600 something wins, so that would be my closest. Time to smorc again.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I only have golden portraits with half the characters and I play Hearthstone all the time. Either I am not very good, or these awards are for the true poop sockers.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any golden portraits yet... yeah I have a lot of work ahead if I want these... and... yeah no

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I had to go check, but so far:

Hunter: 660
Priest: 532
Paladin: 390
Mage: 258
Warlock: 160
Warrior: 66
Druid: 62
Rogue: 44

Hunter and Priest grind time!

I forgot Shaman. Oh well lol

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Here's mine:

Warrior: 629
Mage: 606
Shaman: 597
Hunter: 559
Warlock: 406
Priest: 346
Paladin: 137
Rogue: 88
Druid: 51

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess it's back to it then. It was kinda nice playing the game significantly less and playing around with every class. I just fucking finished too.

Mage - 633
Warrior - 546
Hunter - 523
Paladin - 520
Rogue - 517
Priest - 507
Druid - 501
Shaman - 501
Warlock - 500

Let's start the journey again

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even close to 200 for any of them. I might challenge myself to grind it out for mage though. As much as I have (monetary) invested in HS, I've come to the realization the time spent playing it does not even equate to the cost of what I've spent.

I fall victim to standard ladder climb anxiety quite a bit.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even close to 200 for any of them. I might challenge myself to grind it out for mage though. As much as I have (monetary) invested in HS, I've come to the realization the time spent playing it does not even equate to the cost of what I've spent.

I fall victim to standard ladder climb anxiety quite a bit.

I have 17K wins registered in my total wins, there must be a LOT more games counting loses, I have about 1.2k wins in ranked mode because of my crippling axiety, I would have gotten those cap long ago, but I hate losing stars

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have 17K wins registered in my total wins, there must be a LOT more games counting loses, I have about 1.2k wins in ranked mode because of my crippling axiety, I would have gotten those cap long ago, but I hate losing stars

I would say you were being ridiculous if I didn't have the same exact problem! I don't get it if I'm at or near a rank floor though.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017

Daaang. I am at around 1.8k wins. Just a couple of hundred in standard. Its like, once I get those stars I don't want to lose them either but I know its part of the grind and need to get over it if I am ever gonna finally make it to legend.

I will say, this has been the most fun I've had playing HS in a while; still rockin' highlander mage, Quest Shaman is blast as well but I am gonna give Quest Mage a shot... Looks like a lot of fun. I did recently unpack the golden Warlock lackey buff legendary and I am wondering if I should build a Zoo deck and grind it out as well...

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
goddamn, I have 6 classes with 1000 victories, and Shaman at 4789 (so hopefully they add a new prize for the 5k victories lol) also I am excited to play again with my golden Ragnaros soon

Oct 25, 2017
Not confirmed at all but:
No way.
I mean this would definitely change some shit, but I can't imagine seeing Flamewaker again. But hey that would at least make Mage competitive.
Evolve?!?!?!
Seeing Mysterious Challenger listed just fucked me all up. Those are memories I didn't want to ever think about again.

Could be some really cool stuff with the other cards if this is actually true.

Oct 25, 2017
That list looks kinda bullshit. Why would they give some classes some of the strongest cards they ever had and some classes some of the worst meme cards they ever had?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That list looks kinda bullshit. Why would they give some classes some of the strongest cards they ever had and some classes some of the worst meme cards they ever had?

the only real meme card I see there is astral comunion.

TBH the list looks kinda true, all those cards seem to work in the archetypes established by the uldum cards, those wild card won't probably make new archetypes, but make the existing ones batshit insane. I mean, kun with that quest druid looks nutty, same with thing from below with evolve in quest shaman

Oct 25, 2017
the only real meme card I see there is astral comunion.

TBH the list looks kinda true, all those cards seem to work in the archetypes established by the uldum cards, those wild card won't probably make new archetypes, but make the existing ones batshit insane. I mean, kun with that quest druid looks nutty, same with thing from below with evolve in quest shaman

lock and load
renounce darkness
even varian wrynn to some extent

I mean, even swashburglar looks a little memey compared to something like mysterious champion, even though it is a burgle card. Lock and load may be acceptable. But they are basically creating/bringing back whole new archetypes and just giving somewhat okay cards to others.

Some of these cards I hope are true. Some... well... no.

The tweets say the source is comphs discord. I am a fairly regular member there, although not much in the last few weeks. Dunno where anyone there would get a list like this.

edit:
There may be some legitimacy to the leaks since apparently they came from a grandmaster player who leaked it accidentally

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lock and load
renounce darkness
even varian wrynn to some extent

I mean, even swashburglar looks a little memey compared to something like mysterious champion, even though it is a burgle card. Lock and load may be acceptable. But they are basically creating/bringing back whole new archetypes and just giving somewhat okay cards to others.

Some of these cards I hope are true. Some... well... no.

The tweets say the source is comphs discord. I am a fairly regular member there, although not much in the last few weeks. Dunno where anyone there would get a list like this.

edit:
There may be some legitimacy to the leaks since apparently they came from a grandmaster player who leaked it accidentally

I totally forgot what renounce darkness was lol.

Yeah there are at least 2 cards there which are truly memey, but lock and load and varian doesn't look as memey, they are usually just bad.

but then again, the idea is to shake the meta and make thing more fun, those meme cards are necessary, imo

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I love everything about the update they posted yesterday. All of it makes for a more interesting game.

ideally, the meta would change every few weeks or every month. There's nothing more boring than a stale standard meta that stays static for months on end.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
not sure how much use would thaurissan see, that card is mostly used for combo enabling stuff and there aren't that many combo decks in the deck right now, in fact I can't think of any.

Oct 25, 2017
ET was seen in way more than combo decks because it turns out generating mana is really good and it also enabled some finishers otherwise not possible. ET also just makes combo decks possible that were not previously. Some borderline playable combo decks could become good. But I think ET coming back temporarily is a good thing.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ET was seen in way more than combo decks because it turns out generating mana is really good and it also enabled some finishers otherwise not possible. ET also just makes combo decks possible that were not previously. Some borderline playable combo decks could become good. But I think ET coming back temporarily is a good thing.

yeah may be we can see some new combo stuff not seen before because of the mana reduction...

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
x9f7vmq.png

Was talking to wiibomb about the list online but I hit top 100 so I thought I'd post the current zoo list I've been climbing with

### Gas Powered Zoo
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Abusive Sergeant
# 2x (1) Crystallizer
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Grim Rally
# 2x (1) Mecharoo
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 1x (2) Scarab Egg
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) EVIL Recruiter
# 1x (3) Neferset Thrasher
# 2x (4) Diseased Vulture
# 1x (5) Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAf0GBvIBrwSPggPEiQP7pAOCpQMMMNMBsQjCCPb9Avr+AtyGA4idA/qkA/ykA4GlA72mAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The priest matchup is dicey but outside of certain draws on their part it's far from unwinnable. I personally feel it's a better matchup than a lot of other meta decks right now outside of teched quest shamans and control warriors.
I've also started seeing some 'removal warrior' which I've been beating but I don't know if that's the expected outcome (due to all the gas) or if I'm getting lucky. My guess is they're here as a response to the power of priest as keeping that deck off the board is so incredibly powerful overall.

The scarab egg is definitely the 30th card in the deck and could maybe be a 2nd abusive or maybe even a spirit bomb to further improve the priest matchup. Having removal that can go around their big taunt to hit a cleric can be valuable in terms of slowing their ability to build a board.

Status
Not open for further replies.