• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I've heard minion heavy Reno Mage is the best version of wild Reno Mage. I guess it's natural for that to turn into legendary heavy Reno Mage.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The warrior quest is probably the worst legendary of the expansion. I haven't seen it in play yet.

I'll try to make a deck with the auto builder later this week.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The warrior quest is probably the worst legendary of the expansion. I haven't seen it in play yet.

I'll try to make a deck with the auto builder later this week.
Kibler made a quite decent deck with it, I tried it some games and it won some games I never imagined it could win, like a quest druid matchup

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
kibler made to legend with quest mage... enough to say he won most games without the quest, imo that is by far the worst quest
Yeah, I was mostly going off what I'd seen from Kibler playing both (on YouTube). It seemed like a completed Warrior quest at least provided some threat (although I liked the video where he accidentally mulliganed the quest away but still won). Completed Mage quest seemed to accomplish almost nothing.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
x9f7vmq.png

Was talking to wiibomb about the list online but I hit top 100 so I thought I'd post the current zoo list I've been climbing with

### Gas Powered Zoo
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Abusive Sergeant
# 2x (1) Crystallizer
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Grim Rally
# 2x (1) Mecharoo
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 1x (2) Scarab Egg
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) EVIL Recruiter
# 1x (3) Neferset Thrasher
# 2x (4) Diseased Vulture
# 1x (5) Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAf0GBvIBrwSPggPEiQP7pAOCpQMMMNMBsQjCCPb9Avr+AtyGA4idA/qkA/ykA4GlA72mAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The priest matchup is dicey but outside of certain draws on their part it's far from unwinnable. I personally feel it's a better matchup than a lot of other meta decks right now outside of teched quest shamans and control warriors.
I've also started seeing some 'removal warrior' which I've been beating but I don't know if that's the expected outcome (due to all the gas) or if I'm getting lucky. My guess is they're here as a response to the power of priest as keeping that deck off the board is so incredibly powerful overall.

The scarab egg is definitely the 30th card in the deck and could maybe be a 2nd abusive or maybe even a spirit bomb to further improve the priest matchup. Having removal that can go around their big taunt to hit a cleric can be valuable in terms of slowing their ability to build a board.
Very Impressive.

I'm not a big fan of Scarab Egg in general. The result that comes from cracking open the egg just feels way too fair.

Beaming Sidekick seems like a potentially big omision. It seems to have really good winrates in any zoo deck from what I've seen. But I definitely defer to your judgement on that deck.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Beaming Sidekick seems like a potentially big omision. It seems to have really good winrates in any zoo deck from what I've seen. But I definitely defer to your judgement on that deck.

I used it for a while and ended up cutting it really quickly, it becomes an abysmal top deck after the first turns and without tempo is a dead card.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I used it for a while and ended up cutting it really quickly, it becomes an abysmal top deck after the first turns and without tempo is a dead card.
Compared to scarab egg or abusive sergent though? I think I'd rather draw the 1/2 that I can use to immediately and permanently upgrade the other minion I drew that turn.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to scarab egg or abusive sergent though? I think I'd rather draw the 1/2 that I can use to immediately and permanently upgrade the other minion I drew that turn.

well scarab egg works for the lackey generator, and abusive sergeant even if it's weaker, it acts better overall with the whole purpose of the deck, which is to kill fast, and also has some neat synergies, for example making an egg attack to get the value as well as being useful to deal with the northsihire clerics on the first turn they are played, a nice abusive sergeat boost deals with that problem. Sometimes even if they power world shield the cleric, because you could have a flame imp, boost it with abusive and clear the cleric.

Still, in think both the scarab eggs and 1 abusive sergeant are the first cuts of the deck if there would be, but overall the beaming sidekick is just worse than both of those in my experience.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it! I got legend today again!!!

I started climbing from rank 8 on last wednesday, didn't play a single game on ranked on saturday or sunday, so in all I got legend in about 4 days total from rank 8, this is insane, second time hitting legend, last time was about 2 and half years ago with pirate warrior and since then only once I was close to legend at rank 1 with 1*, that time I fell extremely hard and even descended to rank 3, never made it again so high until now.

I had the idea that I wanted to get legend once again with the new ladder system, but since that time I never got a serious shot until now.

unknown.png

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for you, especially considering that you were just talking about ladder anxiety. See, they're just some stars!!

I tried making it this season and got deep into rank 2, but inexplicably decided to switch decks and fell back to rank 5 lmao. In fact I switched to combo Priest, which I actually had no idea how to play. I think I just got bored with bomb warrior (which seems really good right now by the way), and wanted to play a thinking man's deck.

Now that I've kinda figured it out, maybe I make it in October.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Combo priest overall is a fairly tough deck to pilot, each matchup has its own way to deal with and the most important part of the deck is the tempo and card advantage, if you lose both just concede. Had several games with the opponent at 3-4 health but because they could deal with my board I just lost, tempo was lost and there was no way to get back on feet after that.

Also I'm very surprised by bwonsamdi, that card saved several of my games, drawing 2, 3 or even 4 cheap minions from the deck with a 7/7 on board can be sometimes quite strong.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I got deep into rank 2 with that secret mage I posted, but then Link's Awakening came out and now all of a sudden it's the last day of the season.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I can't believe it! I got legend today again!!!

I started climbing from rank 8 on last wednesday, didn't play a single game on ranked on saturday or sunday, so in all I got legend in about 4 days total from rank 8, this is insane, second time hitting legend, last time was about 2 and half years ago with pirate warrior and since then only once I was close to legend at rank 1 with 1*, that time I fell extremely hard and even descended to rank 3, never made it again so high until now.

I had the idea that I wanted to get legend once again with the new ladder system, but since that time I never got a serious shot until now.

unknown.png

Congrats! I saw your rank number chugging on my friends list yesterday and today and assumed you were going for it. Awesome to see! What kind of deck were you running with Bwonsamdi?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! I saw your rank number chugging on my friends list yesterday and today and assumed you were going for it. Awesome to see! What kind of deck were you running with Bwonsamdi?
it is a variant of the combo priest deck, honestly since I started climbing at rank 8 I haven't changed a single card from it, I found most of the cards to be strongly synergistic between them and I honestly never found big problems as long as I had the tempo train going. Lose the board and lose the game, that's how this deck worked for me.

Code:
### Combo Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Circle of Healing
# 1x (0) Silence
# 1x (0) Topsy Turvy
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Lightwarden
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 2x (2) Neferset Ritualist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Extra Arms
# 2x (3) Injured Blademaster
# 1x (4) High Priest Amet
# 2x (4) Psychopomp
# 1x (7) Bwonsamdi, the Dead
#
AAECAaCsAwalCfsM5fcC0P4Cp4cDqaUDDPgC5QT2B9UI0QrSCvIM9wyvpQPSpQP9pwOEqAMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Can we talk about how fun and awesome Tombs of terror is? They're making this dungeon run adventure format better with every iteration. This is a blast.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Can we talk about how fun and awesome Tombs of terror is? They're making this dungeon run adventure format better with every iteration. This is a blast.
It's more fun than I thought it would be. Witchwood was fun, but felt very limiting because all runs would essentially be the same. I was afraid that would happen here again (4 heroes only), but every run feels different.

Still wish they will implement some QoL improvements (let us skip all those pop-ups, thank you) and improve the rewards (Dust, Gold, Hero Alts or specific cards), but all in all I really enjoy the format. Too bad alot of people seem to be vocally pushing against it lately.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
It's more fun than I thought it would be. Witchwood was fun, but felt very limiting because all runs would essentially be the same. I was afraid that would happen here again (4 heroes only), but every run feels different.

Still wish they will implement some QoL improvements (let us skip all those pop-ups, thank you) and improve the rewards (Dust, Gold, Hero Alts or specific cards), but all in all I really enjoy the format. Too bad alot of people seem to be vocally pushing against it lately.

Why is anyone pushing against it???

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why is anyone pushing against it???

because literally the only thing they have made on adventures is different variants of dungeon run since K&C, only once they tried to change the adventure formula with the boomsdays proyect labs. dungeon run is good, but they really need to do something diffent.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
My problem with the solo stuff is that it's releasing so much later than the expansion now. Dalaran Heist was 5 weeks late and Tombs are 6 weeks later. Solo adventures were more fun when they were part of the initial hype cycle and not just an afterthought

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
My problem with the solo stuff is that it's releasing so much later than the expansion now. Dalaran Heist was 5 weeks late and Tombs are 6 weeks later. Solo adventures were more fun when they were part of the initial hype cycle and not just an afterthought
Extends the life of an expansion imo and spreads out the hype. So much other shit to play that I don't mind.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely not an afterthought. Imagine we didn't have Tombs now, we'd have complaints of a drought of content, long gaps with no new content and whatnot. I agree with the criticism that after 6 weeks, packs aren't the ideal reward for alot of people anymore, which I why I hope for better rewards in the future.

But the timing is well thought out and probably needed.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Solo adventures dont change much in regards to hype/"content" though, thats why they do nerfs or other events during the mid-expansion lull and not just drop new solo stuff. I still like them but I just felt it was a better experience when the solo stuff was part of the initial hype barrage and not just quietly dropped over a month later, plus the rewards fit better(as someone who only buys 50ish packs every expansion) early in an expansion than later. Obviously it's better for Blizzard to release it later and pull people back and drain some extra gold/money from players mid-expansion but it was nice being able to figure it into my initial expansion expenditure and not have it be so delayed, but that's just imo

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
0ac013a55cd9ad099d250cfd43a23b84-BC19_VT_ProductPage_Thumbnail_HS_MN01.jpg

BlizzCon 2019 rewards for Hearthstone. The golden legendary is another special pre-expansion release card I presume, like Marin. Curious if this cardback is a hint for the next expansion...

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
0ac013a55cd9ad099d250cfd43a23b84-BC19_VT_ProductPage_Thumbnail_HS_MN01.jpg

BlizzCon 2019 rewards for Hearthstone. The golden legendary is another special pre-expansion release card I presume, like Marin. Curious if this cardback is a hint for the next expansion...
well I certainly learned from 2017 blizcon to not buy this, I still can't disenchant my golden marin the fox, why the hell do I want the same 2 legendaries but one in golden

EDIT: if this is cardback is any indicative of the last expansion, I really hope those wings are sings of lots of dragons coming

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Hey, all. I'm getting back into Hearthstone after a long layoff after hitting rank 8 several months ago and then found my desire to play dwindling. Looking to play Hunter, Rogue, or Mage. I think Rogue is off-meta, how are the other two?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, all. I'm getting back into Hearthstone after a long layoff after hitting rank 8 several months ago and then found my desire to play dwindling. Looking to play Hunter, Rogue, or Mage. I think Rogue is off-meta, how are the other two?
hunter is probably you best shot, there are some secret hunter lists around in HSreplay.net to get you going, probably the best hunter deck right now is the highlander variant, but you probably won't have enough dust or cards to get it, but I think other lists can work for you too.

Rogue is not off meta, there is a tempo/aggro list which I've found several times on ladder, mage is really off meta and probably on the bottom of the power ranking of all clases, after the nerfs they just fell.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
hunter is probably you best shot, there are some secret hunter lists around in HSreplay.net to get you going, probably the best hunter deck right now is the highlander variant, but you probably won't have enough dust or cards to get it, but I think other lists can work for you too.

Rogue is not off meta, there is a tempo/aggro list which I've found several times on ladder, mage is really off meta and probably on the bottom of the power ranking of all clases, after the nerfs they just fell.
Thanks! I have close to 10k in dust so I'll check out the Hunter stuff. I also have the most cards for that class. Shame about mage... Khadgar Mage was a fun deck to fuck around with.

I still have a Midrange Hunter deck that gets wins at Rank 20, which is cool as I love that deck. LOVE. IT.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Thanks! I have close to 10k in dust so I'll check out the Hunter stuff. I also have the most cards for that class. Shame about mage... Khadgar Mage was a fun deck to fuck around with.

I still have a Midrange Hunter deck that gets wins at Rank 20, which is cool as I love that deck. LOVE. IT.

Enjoy! The game is in a very good spot right now with the meta, alongside mid-expansion cycle content (that aren't just nerfs) being a regular thing now.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I miss the deck building challenges of previous single player content, but at least there's elder scrolls legends still.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Crafted the cards for Highlander Hunter. Seems fun (and a bit like EDH) and I still have 8k dust left.

For Siamat, always Windfury and Divine Shield?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
As far as I know, there's no hard rule you can apply to siamet. Its strength is in the flexibility.

Taunt plus windfury probably is pretty rare, but I've used it once as mage with splitting image.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Crafted the cards for Highlander Hunter. Seems fun (and a bit like EDH) and I still have 8k dust left.

For Siamat, always Windfury and Divine Shield?
siamat is pretty similar to zilliax, it is usually used for defensive purposes because he can get rush and divine shield to get a 6/6 on board threatening to make ig damage next turn, but sometimes it is used with divine shield and windfury to threaten to make huge damage if not dealt with.

Most of the time I've seen it played is for defensive purposes to try to deal with a big minion on board, but you need to see on each case how you can use it.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
siamat is pretty similar to zilliax, it is usually used for defensive purposes because he can get rush and divine shield to get a 6/6 on board threatening to make ig damage next turn, but sometimes it is used with divine shield and windfury to threaten to make huge damage if not dealt with.

Most of the time I've seen it played is for defensive purposes to try to deal with a big minion on board, but you need to see on each case how you can use it.
So a mid-rangy option, basically. Appreciated!

And probably a dumb question, but has Blizzard commented on putting HS on Switch?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So a mid-rangy option, basically. Appreciated!

And probably a dumb question, but has Blizzard commented on putting HS on Switch?
as much as would like to, no, they keep the same thinking as when ben brode was in the company, mobile enables you to play HS everywhere and that's the option in case you cannot be on a PC playing, that's as far as they are planing to with any other platforms

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Lots of games now have capacity to buy content on one service and play it on another.

But Blizzard has never shown any interest in bringing HS to consoles.
Hmm. Then I wonder why they don't want to port it.

as much as would like to, no, they keep the same thinking as when ben brode was in the company, mobile enables you to play HS everywhere and that's the option in case you cannot be on a PC playing, that's as far as they are planing to with any other platforms

Oh, I guess that kinda makes some sense. That's definitely how I personally would play hearthstone even with a console release, on my phone instead of console if not pc, but people asking for a console release must be doing so for a reason.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel terrible lol

I just OTKd purple on stream on turn 5... I happened to have the uber nuts on my cards

Status
Not open for further replies.