• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's the thing, this reminds me of the occupy wall street protests that had no no goalpost or specific demand. This has turned into just complaining about the state of things and basically asking Blizzard to cut off all commercial relations with China.

Also, at the same time everyone's crazy about the new card game from a 100% chinese company. I don't get it.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
That's the thing, this reminds me of the occupy wall street protests that had no no goalpost or specific demand. This has turned into just complaining about the state of things and basically asking Blizzard to cut off all commercial relations with China.

Also, at the same time everyone's crazy about the new card game from a 100% chinese company. I don't get it.
The goal of occupy wall street was to bring attention to the greed of wall street and it worked fantastically. We still use the term 1% today that came from that movement.

The problem with this incident is a lot bigger than blizzard, but blizzard makes for a good example for some people to rally around.

And people don't care about Team Fight Tactics because what's rallying people isn't hatred of all things chinese, but the way the chinese government is changing non-chinese companies to also be under their censorship regime. We don't need every company to actively offend the chinese government, but we have a big problem if every company is in a position where they're unable to offend the chinese government.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Was ranked ladder changed so that you don't get bonus stars after successive wins unless you do it all in one play session?

I've won seven or eight matches in a row over four or five sessions this week, and I'm not getting bonus stars for some reason.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was ranked ladder changed so that you don't get bonus stars after successive wins unless you do it all in one play session?

I've won seven or eight matches in a row over four or five sessions this week, and I'm not getting bonus stars for some reason.

are you above rank 5? from there you don't get any bonus stars (that's why it's tough to get legend)

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
somehow I've been having lots of fun and actually winning games with quest warlock.. guess it was the only quest besides priest that I still haven't tried at least once or twice

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

I don't believe that has been changed. Can't say for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
I played 9 games tonight and I think hearthstone is in pretty good spot atm. Every deck I played against was different. There seems to be a good variety of strong decks as well.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are really nelting down over quest shaman with desert hares and evolve.

Tbh yeah that combo is huge, but in my experience not very reliable to get early

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Had the game been pronounced death? Almost gone in twitch.
It's following the normal downwards trend further into an expansion, but in general numbers are lower yeah. Streamers like Toast, Hafu and others dropping the game didn't help viewership on Twitch. It's still oftentimes in top 5/10 though, just not on non-peak hours on a sunday.

It doesn't tell us much about the game being 'dead'.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is quest quest warlock better with mecha'thun or with the 20/20 minion + banker?
none of them, actually the idea of quest warlock is to try not to get to fatigue by doing augmented elekk + plot twist, that way you include a bunch of cards to not fatigue, you could even go infinite with that combo and a second copy of elekk and plot twist in hand, but actually the idea of elekk is to try to shuffle extra copies of Nzoth for the huge turns

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, it's with Nzoth.

I played a couple of mecha ct'hun quest warlock games this morning. My rank 19 opponents think they've won and then BAM! deathrattle goodbye.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Choose wisely? Please.

untapped-potential.png

I win.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Is that Galakrond by the way? We're looking at a mighty big dragon expansion if he's gonna be a central part of this.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is that Galakrond by the way? We're looking at a mighty big dragon expansion if he's gonna be a central part of this.

how do you know it is him? (don't even know him, and I don't see the clue) I saw that ice part, isn't it icecrown citadel?

EDIT: nevermind it's a fronzen uldum with dalaran on the back

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
how do you know it is him? (don't even know him, and I don't see the clue) I saw that ice part, isn't it icecrown citadel?

EDIT: nevermind it's a fronzen uldum with dalaran on the back
I don't know it's him, hence the '?' :P Just thought the dragon remains looked similar.

latest

Looks like him.

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
For some reason it makes me think of The Griftah, and how they screwed what made Mudcrab Merchant fun by the including the word "random" when it should be the word "other".

Oct 25, 2017
So what I get from that teaser....

First expansion was evil focused
Second was hero focused
Third will be about choosing...

Seems pretty simple right?

New discover cards? Will classes get some more exclusionary/deck builder focused cards like genn/baku? My interest is triggered.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know it's him, hence the '?' :P Just thought the dragon remains looked similar.

latest

Looks like him.

oh yeah that pic in the trailer looks like galakrond, very interesting.

there are even scafolding on the bones, like that in that pic.

I feel like there will be a third faction joining in after this and it's up to us to decide "who will prevail"

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I... don't think we should expect something as meaty as autochess, that is a whole game.

A dragon expansion is really something I wanted, a big meaty dragon expansion. I hope to it is good.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I was surprised Blizzard hadnt tried to put out something autochess related(yet), so I wouldnt be shocked at Blizzard autochess. But being HS related would be weird, straight Warcraft branding makes a lot more sense or even having it be Heroes of the Storm-like and a grab bag of Blizzard characters would have been my thought

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it'll be something like Autochess, was mainly a for fun post. It's hearthstone related, so announcing what's basically a whole new game seems unlikely anyway.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh I new game mode is all I ask, and to not wait years for it to be added (or cancelled like tournament mode)

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I think a HS-themed autobattler would be perfect for Blizzard.

There seems to be a lot of overlap between card games and autobattlers, as evidenced by former HS players like Dog, Hafu, SuperJJ, Toast and others all doing well in TFT. Both genres also tout a diverse player base, with many who play casually on mobile only and others who are more serious competitors who mostly play on desktop. So leveraging the branding of the biggest digital card game out there to market your new autobattler makes a lot of sense to me.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Making a tournament mode is too hard to do in 5 years, but they can definitely slap together a TFT mode into the game to chase the flavor of the month in about 4 months

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played autochess games so I'm interested to try this out.

The new expansion looks to be in line with the previous end of year expansions, that is to say, the power levels of the cards are insane. A lot of big dragons that could be playable.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I guess it makes business sense because autochess is what all their players were leaving for. If they were all leaving for a tournament mode in another card game that'd probably be the thing they rush to put out instead.

But personally I'm completely uninterested in those games.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so, a couple of new things, there are now sidequests for the hero clases:

TPR9KGUSKNNA1572074150398.png

and this is the golden legendary that is going to be added with the blizzcon virtual ticket holders:

ROIUOXV934141572148339831.png

and this is the new lackey:

Draconic_Lackey_enUS.png

Status
Not open for further replies.