• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing sidequest is just quests that don't always start in your opening hand?

going by how they worked in the tests they did on ungoro I think that's how they work. I wanted to know if the side quests can be played alongside a quest, but I'm not sure yet

EDIT: this is not exactly a new idea, they wanted to try this out on ungoro, but that expansion ended up having too much and they left it unadded

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it would also be nice to have more than 1 kind of sidequest for each class, to give more variety

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this is the hunter sidequest:

73291483_2614150371980339_2068862257307058176_n.png

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BTW I don't know if you guys know, but the prepurchase options this time are kind of insane, you get 100 packs, a golden legendary, the cardback and a hero for $80, and the other option is 60 packs, golden legendary and cardback for $50

basically they are giving 20 extra packs on the big bundle and 10 packs on the lower one

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
BTW I don't know if you guys know, but the prepurchase options this time are kind of insane, you get 100 packs, a golden legendary, the cardback and a hero for $80, and the other option is 60 packs, golden legendary and cardback for $50

basically they are giving 20 extra packs on the big bundle and 10 packs on the lower one

Yeah the bundles are much better value this expansion, not to mention you get all Galakrond hero cards for free at launch.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the autochess mode could be fun looking at gameplay

i would like if they didnt take so long to add a new game mode. 2v2 should be explored as well...

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the autochess mode could be fun looking at gameplay

i would like if they didnt take so long to add a new game mode. 2v2 should be explored as well...

well the open beta is in 2 weeks to play, a few days if you prepurchase, and it seems like the open beta is going to be available for mobile too (with a catch, only devices with more than 2GB of ram, for more devices on release)

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't seem that busted at first glance. I think the 4/4 that shuffled spiders is better. Could be wrong though.

Edit: I should say that I think it will be good against control decks or other decks that you have time to play it and combo it with something. But playing it on turn 5 doesn't seem great. It'll probably be an insane legendary in arena though

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't seem that busted at first glance. I think the 4/4 that shuffled spiders is better. Could be wrong though.

Edit: I should say that I think it will be good against control decks or other decks that you have time to play it and combo it with something. But playing it on turn 5 doesn't seem great. It'll probably be an insane legendary in arena though
It's an overstated minion that eternally resummons as it is drawn. There's no downside to the card.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Non-proactive/non-sticky cards above 4 mana are often really difficult to play. Like, 5 proactive damage is maybe about 3.5 mana depending on the class, so not only do they get to take the immediate 1.5 mana advantage on the trade, but they also get the completely free face damage from the board they developed on turn 4 that you did nothing about, which puts you on the back foot.

And there's a 50% chance it goes to the bottom half of your remaining deck, so you're often going to need to wait a long time to benefit if you play it on curve with 20 cards left in your deck. Maybe there's potential if you specifically include it for fatigue situations, but I'm not sure that's your best option there.

Seems probably annoying in arena though. An only slightly below average card that turns game winning if the candle happens to go on the top third of the deck.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's an overstated minion that eternally resummons as it is drawn. There's no downside to the card.
Well sure, I agree with you, but since it doesn't actually do anything, I don't think it's particularly great. Gonna be real hard to play that when you're getting slapped in your face. Of course we have to see what other cards are printed. If that card was in a class with healing or board clear, then I'd probably think differently about it. I do hope it's good though, because I like cards like that.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Well sure, I agree with you, but since it doesn't actually do anything, I don't think it's particularly great. Gonna be real hard to play that when you're getting slapped in your face. Of course we have to see what other cards are printed. If that card was in a class with healing or board clear, then I'd probably think differently about it. I do hope it's good though, because I like cards like that.
I'm just struggling to understand why it is overstated. Should be a 5/5.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It's not going to see play at 7/5 either because those are terrible stats in hearthstone. A textless vanilla neutral minion with x+2/x stats where x is mana cost might not even see play at 3 mana in any class, and definitely wouldn't at any mana above that. At 1-2 mana it'd very likely see play, but probably still wouldn't wreck the meta.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nozdormu the Timeless gets my award for "card people are most likely to misunderstand before playing because Hearthstone's wording is fucking garbage."

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It'd be much simpler if Astral Communion could say "gain 10 mana and mana crystals", while Nozdormu the Timeless said "give both players 10 mana crystals".

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
the dragon hero they revealed, is it a rogue hero or is it for 5 classes? I didn't get it.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The expansion feels kinda powercreepy, but I dig it. Dragons, there's nothing not to like here.

Battlegrounds seems fun, really depends on the level of depth and replayability. Impressions are from fun to too swingy, so that remains to be seen. It's kind of smart to do it in Hearthstone, because there's a whole bunch of cards to rotate in and out, new rules to implement and heroes to add. Can keep things fresh more easily.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I really want Casie or VKLiooon to win.

I was watching her yesterday play against Feno. She was writing down everything that happened, and Feno was all meh. Then she won 2-0.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i just turned on the global finals and one player has desert hare and evolve in his opening hand, chat already spamming GG (and for good reason)

lol

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Waxadred is a rogue card and it's likely to go the way of other rogue cards that promise delayed infinite value. In the dumpster.
If I want to crush control decks id rather just scheme togg

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Waxadred is a rogue card and it's likely to go the way of other rogue cards that promise delayed infinite value. In the dumpster.
Yeah, this is correct. Even if it's solid enough for some gimmicky mid-ladder builds, it's not nearly good enough for an archetype. If you're behind, playing it will lose you the game; if you're ahead, you're cashing temp in for questionable value. It's the kind of card that would be very strong if you were playing against a deck that didn't do anything. Unfortunately, most decks do tend to do things.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
exactly how sherazin ended up, that worked for a little while and then never saw play again, yeah the problem oin rogues is that the class is not built for value and some very few value cards won't make enough value to make it worth. on other classes this could be interesting, but on rogue specifically not that much

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hearthstone pro Liooon becomes first woman to win BlizzCon title

i

Liooon became the first woman to take home a title at BlizzCon across all Blizzard games. She also is the first woman to win a major Hearthstone tournament.
"I want to say for all the girls out there who have a dream for esports competition, for glory, if you want to do it and you believe in yourself, you should just forget your gender and go for it," she told the crowd after the match.
Liooon, from China, took home the $200,000 grand prize, while bloodyface won $100,000. She closed out the victory when her Highlander Hunter defeated his Quest Druid in the third round, completing a sweep of the best-of-five series.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
exactly how sherazin ended up, that worked for a little while and then never saw play again, yeah the problem oin rogues is that the class is not built for value and some very few value cards won't make enough value to make it worth. on other classes this could be interesting, but on rogue specifically not that much
Yeah, this is probably right. But rogue is getting some big time miracle support in this expansion, and this card plays into miracle. I don't think the deathrattle effect is crazy, but there's never been a 5 mana card with 12 or more stat points that didn't have a drawback. This has a good deathrattle and dragon synergy. It's just bizarre to me. Blizzard is begging you to play it.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm iffy on the Invoke. Kinda boring for it just to be basically a count, though it's a little interesting that the cost to invoke is kinda high but with very few invokes needed to get really good value.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The thing with invoke is that is the same thing as C'thun, so it really depends on how good galakrond is at the end, will it be enough to pay upfront for the Azeroth's End form? it all comes down to how useful galakrond is.

So far invoke has been seen in minions with at least 1 more mana to pay for the invoke, which in the end comes as a 1 mana hero power, will thay be useful? I think it depends from class to class, on rogue it is a 1 mana add a lackey, on priest it is to add a random priest minion. May be certain deck builds that extra hero power can help accomplish the goal, on priest it is clear it needs to be a controlish deck, but because of the lackey variance on rogue is still unkown how a deck could be

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Of the cards released so far, I think it's closer to a 1.5 mana cost, with the 1 mana rogue card being a special case of the cost being card draw instead of tempo. But if history is any indication, there's probably going to be an auto-include invoke ticker announced later where the Invoke cost is half the invoke cost on every other card.

A C'Thun tick was about .5 mana, which does make the deck play a lot differently.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

- There will be a tutorial when you first play Battlegrounds
- There will not be gold reward in Battlegrounds
- Battlegrounds has MMR, and top1000 players will be on the leaderboard website
- No big esports plans for Battlegrounds, but maybe some small invitational tournaments

- Updates for Battlegrounds are ready, will be live several weeks later. It will introduce more heroes
- People will also get 2 free Shield of Galakrond along with 5 Galakrond hero cards
- Mobile issue will be fixed in 1 or 2 weeks

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait no gold reward? The trailer even showed the crown rewarda on winning. That is weird

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No entrance fee = no reward. I'm hopin they'll add that later, either as temporary events or permanent as an option.

I guess they meant rewards as in like arena rewards, yeah I didn't expect that at all. although I wish the first place would get something like, I dunno, 2 crowns instead of 1, and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place a normal crown like winning a game.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
some new details I've found from some sources about HS battlegrounds and the new expansion:

1. There will be 3 legendaries for the EVIL classes, the 3rd one will be the free galakrond for everyone.
  2. The next expansion adventure won't be a dungeon run, instead they teased it will be an story adventure like in the past, but with some twists, they will say more later.
  3. BG has been in development for not so long, started as a tavern brawl and grew from there, they said they could have develop it for 6 more months before relasing it, but they instead wanted to give players something to play now in a beta tests.
  4. They plan to add a bunch of things things to BG with this release just as a base of the mode and expanding upon it.
  5. Regis in his stream teased that the ranking number is going to work for something, and he plans to tryhard today it, but he cannot say yet what it is, he thinks they will announce it soon, probably today.

This is the interview where I got a lot of info I just put: https://articles.hsreplay.net/2019/...dean-ayala-and-game-producer-melissa-corning/

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Watched TrumpSC's new video and god dang do the new cards look strong. I'm loving all the Rogue love since it is my favorite class, and getting Galakrond free hopefully means I can put together a decent deck without spending money.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in BG than i thought i would be at announce, but likely nothing more than a very occasional game. It doesn't seem like something to really dig deep into.

Certainly not enough to give them money to get it a week early though.

The big question is what the definition of latest set is. Will it require 20 packs of the dragon set today or would Uldum still count?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in BG than i thought i would be at announce, but likely nothing more than a very occasional game. It doesn't seem like something to really dig deep into.

Certainly not enough to give them money to get it a week early though.

The big question is what the definition of latest set is. Will it require 20 packs of the dragon set today or would Uldum still count?

until december 10th, yes, it will be the latest set.

Status
Not open for further replies.