• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird they are already getting rid of 4 heroes. They must be planning to rotate back in regularly or something. I liked mukla.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird they are already getting rid of 4 heroes. They must be planning to rotate back in regularly or something. I liked mukla.
IIRC they'll replace the 2 top and 2 lowest heroes for now and rework their HP's a bit. Might as well balance heroes while they're not active in the game.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think keeping the number at 24 even means anything. Lots of people right now can only choose from 2 heroes anyhow. Might be more variation if you just let the number of heroes climb.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even think keeping the number at 24 even means anything. Lots of people right now can only choose from 2 heroes anyhow. Might be more variation if you just let the number of heroes climb.
It needs to be at least 24 to warrant for those who have pre-orders currently. I hope they'll permanently increase the pool instead of rotating for sure, for variance sake and not having the top 8 most powerful heroes each game.

Oct 25, 2017
Rotating cards and heroes will likely be a mainstay feature of the game, I suspect. It is not the type of game that always gets better the more cards you put in and even hero rotation can influence the meta.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It needs to be at least 24 to warrant for those who have pre-orders currently. I hope they'll permanently increase the pool instead of rotating for sure, for variance sake and not having the top 8 most powerful heroes each game.
Absolutely at least 24. But it doesn't have to be exactly 24 like they seem to be going with. So yeah we agree there for sure.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
24 heroes exactly doesn't look like a thing they want, they just need to redesign some heroes and tweak a bit some hero powers, mike mentioned that mukla and the blue hair girl need redisigning because the HPs are not ok as they are right now.

Btw not sure about the patch today... no idea if they are planning a full patch or if everything is a server thing, because some data was datamined from the client patch a bit ago, so I'm not sure

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
So they do want to keep rotating for now, interesting. Solid balance changes, happy to hear about some future plans.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm now thiking they want to keep the mode with 24 heroes at all times and in a rotating way.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
Shame they're getting rid of Lich Baz'hial. I actually liked using her and the risks that came along with it, actually got a 1st place or two with her as well.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Shame they're getting rid of Lich Baz'hial. I actually liked using her and the risks that came along with it, actually got a 1st place or two with her as well.
Same, I just hero powered till I was sub-10 HP and get a lead with the extra gold. Kinda sad to see her go. Imo AFK is more risky, since u are done if u get shitty minions from the discover.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Floating Watcher is a weird card to add, there's almost no synergy for it or am I missing something?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well the waycher doesn't look like it will make demons suddenly even with the other types..

Or may be this junkbot nerf really will bring down the mech dominion

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
76909614_465655010726579_4053587655768670208_n.png

i love me some brann when he show up, also elise is ok.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty fascinating how good I do with some heroes and how bad I do with others, with jaraxxus I'm pretty consistently good, but others like daril I absolutely suck.

I feel like I need some kind of mini guide for each hero to get an idea how to properly play them

Oct 25, 2017
Today's buffs to Murlocs mean it is a lot easier to get Coldlight Seers (and Toxfins). All those +2s and +4s to health add up.

Yeah, coldlight seers at 2 is nice. But you really hit the jackpot with brann and enough battlecries to really make that board. I do not think the murlocs are that great, but still can be very good under the right picks. Amalgam with divine shield and tall with taunt + poison is super common though still.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The timing of Battlegrounds couldn't have been more perfect for them. Helping them get through the horrible China related PR and the lowest the meta has been in both wild and standard maybe ever. Usually when standard blows you can play wild or vice versa but not right now.

I'm so surprised how much I enjoy battlegrounds. No auto chess ever interested me at all. Great version of it.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Elise is pretty bad. The map you get costs 3 coins to use, with no guarantee that you will get something you want.

Oct 25, 2017
The timing of Battlegrounds couldn't have been more perfect for them. Helping them get through the horrible China related PR and the lowest the meta has been in both wild and standard maybe ever. Usually when standard blows you can play wild or vice versa but not right now.

I'm so surprised how much I enjoy battlegrounds. No auto chess ever interested me at all. Great version of it.
Yeah I agree. The meta is boring as fuck right now. I haven't even played one ranked match this month and I have no desire to. I probably will try to get to 5 if I can muster the motivation, but that's doubtful. Just been doing my quests and going back to battlegrounds

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I won a game with elyse, but for sure she did not help much with the 3 cost discorver cards. Too expensive.

Bran looks insane by what I saw

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Elise is pretty bad. The map you get costs 3 coins to use, with no guarantee that you will get something you want.
Discover at least helps you figure out a gameplan, especially in the early stages. Discover a Rat Pack / Hyena on 2? Amalgam on 2? You know what to do. Divine shield bot dude on 3? Go go go. Rolling the inn also doesn't guarantee that you will get something you want, so it seems a fine opener to me.

Late game can be a bit awkward, but eh. That's balance.

Oct 25, 2017
Elise is great imo. When you buy tier 3, for example, with 7 gold and 4 cost to upgrade you have 3 gold left over. Non-elise buys a 1 tier minion and sometimes it is a 2 tier minion. Elise still has that choice, in case there is a premium pick, but also gets a guaranteed tier 3 minion from a choice of 3.

Lets say you have an extra gold and upgrade + refresh before buying. You still do not get a choice of 3 tier 3. You may not even get a single tier 3 options afaik.

Upgrading to tier 6 guarantees a tier 6 choice from your map. And more choices then you will ever be presented from a refresh. The map is almost as strong as the pick from buying your third triple, except you do not get the tier upgrade.

I like Elise, but I have not gotten to pick her enough to understand exactly how strong that is.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I just think Elise is a lower tier hero. When stacked up against the other powers in this game, being able to discover, for full price, up to 5 minions over the entire game just isn't on par. The other three heroes that were just added are all so much better.

I won a game with elyse, but for sure she did not help much with the 3 cost discorver cards. Too expensive.

Bran looks insane by what I saw
Brann is really good. The buff is applied after the minion hits the board. So, for example, if you play a battlecry minion onto an empty board, that minion will get the buff.

Oct 25, 2017
oh cool tavern brawl is up, haven't played regular heartstone in a while maybe I'll try it and grab a free pack

nvm this is fucking atrocious

Oct 25, 2017
Opponent plays one drop that gets summon 2 2/2s as a deathrattle

I drop something turn two that gives the opponent a 5/5 as a deathrattle

amazing

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
Just had an insane first place run where I was able to adapt all my minions to be divine shield, poisonous, windfury murlocs.

Unstoppable.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These mobile timers are merciless, getting 22 seconds to chose after the battle, plus with all those animations really kill some enjoyment of BGs.

Still get pretty good placement, just got my 10th 1st place, but still, this thing is just wrong no way to properly think.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah missing a key move because the timer is too short and because you can't click anything when your hand is enlarged and your can't play anything when your hand isn't enlarged.

I'm not convinced anybody tried it on their phone before release.

Oct 25, 2017
These mobile timers are merciless, getting 22 seconds to chose after the battle, plus with all those animations really kill some enjoyment of BGs.

Still get pretty good placement, just got my 10th 1st place, but still, this thing is just wrong no way to properly think.
Yeah missing a key move because the timer is too short and because you can't click anything when your hand is enlarged and your can't play anything when your hand isn't enlarged.

I'm not convinced anybody tried it on their phone before release.
Lol. You pretty much have to be prepared the second a match ends. It's screwed me over too, but I've gotten used to it and a lot faster at everything. But yeah, they need to work on that. It feels so bad to roll something you want and to buy it but not get it in to play, especially if it costs you the game.

How is it even determined how much time you get after a match?

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that I like zerus being in.

I never buy him, but got him with yogg. Next turn, Mama Bear. On like the fifth round. Immediately dumped my pretty awesome demon board and proceeded to completely destroy every single person from them on.

That feels icky. Obviously he's a risky buy, but man when you high roll it can make the rest of the game feel pointless.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that I like zerus being in.

I never buy him, but got him with yogg. Next turn, Mama Bear. On like the fifth round. Immediately dumped my pretty awesome demon board and proceeded to completely destroy every single person from them on.

That feels icky. Obviously he's a risky buy, but man when you high roll it can make the rest of the game feel pointless.
I mean, that's the whole idea of zerus, I think its fine, I mean, it can high roll the hell out of a game, but getting something huge is not exactly very probably going by the many minions there are and the rate at which it rolls (only once per turn)

Tbh, I never chose him because I could end up with a 3 cost nothing at tier 3

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018

It is pretty good timing - but the standard meta has definitely been worse. There's just not been a lot of fun cards this last expansion unfortunately, the quests just haven't sustained but I would say Odd/Even meta was worse.

Battlegrounds is SO good though. I love it so much. Never played an auto battler but this is so much fine, and I find it surprising given it's such a limited pool of minions but loving it.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty good timing - but the standard meta has definitely been worse. There's just not been a lot of fun cards this last expansion unfortunately, the quests just haven't sustained but I would say Odd/Even meta was worse.

Battlegrounds is SO good though. I love it so much. Never played an auto battler but this is so much fine, and I find it surprising given it's such a limited pool of minions but loving it.
I'm saying standard and wild have never been this bad at the same time. There's no where to go to have fun in constructed right now.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for spoiler season, I always love them.

I just find it a bit weird they are not paying much attention to the set, usually we had a stream to kick things off, but today we only have the tournament, I guess everyone is caught in BGs right now

Oct 25, 2017
So if I jump in Standard now I may have an easier time getting up the ladder? :p

But yea, the meta is so annoying right now =/

Game froze when I was going up against the person in first, I waited a couple minutes, restarted the app, got reconnected to the game and was in first place but finished the game in 2nd

Nice that you have enough time to get back in and not have your game totally blown apart

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.