• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Warrior is my faovurite class so this expansion is a lot of fun, even if none of the decks are top tier...

Currently messing around with a Boom CW (pretty much the one on Hearthpwn at the top of the standard list) and my own Mech Warrior, but stalling around 16... just getting stomped by Heal Zoo too often.... although when you draw your early game removal this deck crushes paladin which is pretty fun.

How is everyone else doing with Warrior in this expansion, if you're at higher levels did you climb with or use something else?

Considering switching to something cheap until I hit 5...

CW has done pretty well for me. I haven't played it a whole ton though. I dunno the hearthpwn list, I don't use that site. I got this from comphs though:

AAECAQcG0gKQB47OAp/TApL4AqCAAwxLogSRBv8H+wy+wwLMzQLP5wKb8wL09QLi+AKe+wIA

I've was messing around with azalina instead of zilliax.

That list should beat zoolock pretty hard. Your main goal is to live to garrosh, dominate the board with garrosh weapon, and later play dr. boom and win in fatigue.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
What's the downside of battlecry shudder decks running bloodlust? I often get large boards with nothing to capitalize on. Maybe don't make large boards...but a bloodlust would won a few games. Is it just when you don't need it and draw it it's a dead card?

Edit: and mossy horror used to be my friend, such a mean card now that I use giggling.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What's the downside of battlecry shudder decks running bloodlust? I often get large boards with nothing to capitalize on. Maybe don't make large boards...but a bloodlust would won a few games. Is it just when you don't need it and draw it it's a dead card?

Edit: and mossy horror used to be my friend, such a mean card now that I use giggling.
Giggling has been annoying, but I've been running a Blood Knight in odd rogue and it's actually worked out pretty well

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017

Yeah bloodlust always had that problem of being a dead card.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
heal lock
heal lock
control lock
heal lock
heal lock
combo druid
heal lock
heal lock
heal lock
heal lock
heal lock
heal lock
control rogue
heal lock
heal lock

yeah I hate this game again

I've got win 3 games with Paladin and it's a fucking nightmare

I like to pretend I'm happy being at bottom ranks because there is little zoo there, but there are just so many combo decks now that playing the game just feels pointless.

I think I'm done till blizzard bothers with a Hearthstone 2.0.

Not happy at all where the game stands at the moment and there is enough competition on the market now.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
I hate Mechathun Priest. I don't want to play Warlock to just counter it.

What can hunter and warrior do to go against it?

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hunter is probably one of the better decks against it.

You just kill them before turn 7. They have really shitty control tools besides psychic scream.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
CW has done pretty well for me. I haven't played it a whole ton though. I dunno the hearthpwn list, I don't use that site. I got this from comphs though:

AAECAQcG0gKQB47OAp/TApL4AqCAAwxLogSRBv8H+wy+wwLMzQLP5wKb8wL09QLi+AKe+wIA

I've was messing around with azalina instead of zilliax.

That list should beat zoolock pretty hard. Your main goal is to live to garrosh, dominate the board with garrosh weapon, and later play dr. boom and win in fatigue.

Very close to what I was running, but I had no Garosh Hero. Crafted him, and using Faceless in place of the other two legendaries for now as I'm out of dust (managed to faceless my hellscream first game, while I have Garosh in slot = easy win).

His weapon is very handy for cleaing the board, it feels like what the deck was missing. Thanks!

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Miracle Rogue right now and having fun and a good winrate.

But that matchup against Odd Rogue seems impossible, the better dagger really matters and it feels like I'm always 1 or 2 turns behind in tempo.

Are other Rogue archetypes better against Odd Rogue, or is Odd Rogue the natural counter if some other Rogue archetype becomes too popular?

Oct 25, 2017
Worst Whizbang decks:

Quest For Immortality (Quest Priest) - 31%
Witchwood Awoken (Elemental Control Shaman) - 35%
Awesome Augmentation (Inner Fire Combo Priest) - 39%
Stolen Research (Tess Rogue) - 39%

Best Whizbang decks:

I Hunt Alone (Spell Hunter) - 61%
Greymane's Alliance (Even Paladin) - 60%
The Gilneas Armory (Odd Quest Warrior) - 59%
Spells Are Fun, So Fun! (Big Spell Mage) - 56%
What site are those stats from?

I can believe it about the priest decks and the control shaman. Almost everything else feels like you can do something, but those are ultra hard mode.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
What site are those stats from?

I can believe it about the priest decks and the control shaman. Almost everything else feels like you can do something, but those are ultra hard mode.
hsreplay. It's not super great stats yet, but i thought it was interesting for a general look.

Also, tess rogue is the only deck you left out as not as bad as that suggests. I'd agree only the priest ones really look terrible against everything. Most of the the others depend more on the matchups.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting better about when to play dark knight vs shaman, but it feels super bad when I play either before shudder. Drop shudder, activated dk battlecry, shudder stuff ends immediately as he turns into an 8/8. I'm now embracing the sheer value haggatha has, cards for days.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
hsreplay. It's not super great stats yet, but i thought it was interesting for a general look.

Also, tess rogue is the only deck you left out as not as bad as that suggests. I'd agree only the priest ones really look terrible against everything. Most of the the others depend more on the matchups.

I'm surprised the astral druid isn't bottom since I think it's my least favorite. Though the shaman and priest ones are suffering hard from no real win condition.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
39123675_261784344644965_8807525615264595968_n.png

feel-good-gif.gif

he legit paused for like 30 seconds after i did my first shudderwock combo on him.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is rogue the most fun class this time?
There's:
Pogo Rogue
Miracle Rogue
Kingsbane Rogue
Tess Rogue
Deathrattle Rogue
Edit2: Odd Rogue too (how could I forget?)
Also, there could be a couple Quest Rogues around still.

EDIT:
Also, Demonic Project - a better Dirty Rat?

Last edited:

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Is rogue the most fun class this time?
There's:
Pogo Rogue
Miracle Rogue
Kingsbane Rogue
Tess Rogue
Deathrattle Rogue
Edit2: Odd Rogue too (how could I forget?)
Also, there could be a couple Quest Rogues around still.

EDIT:
Also, Demonic Project - a better Dirty Rat?
It's not a better Dirty Rat because it can backfire so much harder. If you have removal, Dirty Rat + removal (preferably with a transform to avoid triggering death rattle) completely kills a card. I've been given great demons from Demonic Project that helped me more than it's ever hurt me.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I see what you mean, the opponent could get a despicable dreadlord for example, and that'd be catastrophic.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I like Mech Warrior!
Before this expansion, I only had like 20 wins with Warrior. Now I have like 30-40!

I might try to craft an extra Brawl / Shield Slam, but still want to save dust for

1) Ashmore
2) Azalina
3) Luna
4) Luna's Pocket Galaxy
5) Kangor's Endless Army
6) Storm Bringer
7) Corridor Creepers (again) : /

Guess I need to buy more packs.... : ///

Kastenessen

Nov 2, 2017
For what it's worth, I defeated the Lich King with the Quest Priest Whizbang deck to see what would happen. Not too impressive considering Priest is that fight's easy mode, but Power Word: Replicate on Devilsaur Eggs did all the heavy lifting and at the end it showed Thrall's transformation/epilogue. I should have used my son's account to see if it counted for the portrait progress as he's only halfway there.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I like Mech Warrior!
Before this expansion, I only had like 20 wins with Warrior. Now I have like 30-40!

I might try to craft an extra Brawl / Shield Slam, but still want to save dust for

1) Ashmore
2) Azalina
3) Luna
4) Luna's Pocket Galaxy
5) Kangor's Endless Army
6) Storm Bringer
7) Corridor Creepers (again) : /

Guess I need to buy more packs.... : ///

You've played longer than me, how come your collection is smaller than me >.<

I mean, I got lucky with packs, but still.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Lunara offers top tier BM.

Opponent plays something you can counter in a big way, such as giggling inventor when you have blood knight in hand. You use wow emote "That was wild". They think things are going great for them.

You use oops emote. "A wild miscalculation". Then play blood knight. Funnily enough, I'm 5-0 in arena and I've seen this scenario play out 3 times so far. Everyone seems to be drafting giggling inventor (and being dicks and emoting when they play it), so drafting blood knight was a fantastic counter.

I try to never do this, but there's nothing more satisfying than when your opponent thinks they've perfectly countered you and starts BMing you. And you have the exact perfect counter in your hand.

Only 2 out of 4 of my Whizbang Tess games were against rogue.

On a different note, potatoman, which deck are you playing? We are friends in game and I see you are top 100 legend. I'm looking for a deck that can climb to 5 before end of month and whatever you're playing seems to be doing very well. I'm sure getting to 100 legend with it is due to your skill, but I'm hoping I can get from at least rank 8 to 5 with it. I've been playing zoo Heallock a little bit, but it seems everyone from ranks 5 and below are playing decks designed to counter Heallock.

If you say Whizzbang, I'll be extremely impressed.

Last edited:

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
You've played longer than me, how come your collection is smaller than me >.<

I mean, I got lucky with packs, but still.

I've taken a few extended breaks from the game when I either get

1) too wrapped up in the game
2) don't enjoy the meta
3) play something else like FFXIV

I was also F2P, outside of buying the adventures for cash, for a long time, but I've started pre-ordering the bundles lately! ^^
Also, I've only hit rank 5 maybe three times since playing the game. I imagine that's because of the ladder rework. Previously, grinding to five with tier 3-4 decks took too long.

I'm toying around with the idea of going for legend. This is probably going to be the best time to do it. Thing is, I don't want to play the best decks right now--I want to experiment with jank!

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
On a different note, potatoman, which deck are you playing? We are friends in game and I see you are top 100 legend. I'm looking for a deck that can climb to 5 before end of month and whatever you're playing seems to be doing very well. I'm sure getting to 100 legend with it is due to your skill, but I'm hoping I can get from at least rank 8 to 5 with it. I've been playing zoo Heallock a little bit, but it seems everyone from ranks 5 and below are playing decks designed to counter Heallock.

If you say Whizzbang, I'll be extremely impressed.
It's wild legend, and I did it with Star Aligner Druid, which I was the first to call as meta breaking on reddit, pioneering the single 8 mana 7 health minion build that makes the deck tier 1.

I'm rank 12 on standard, and playing mostly whizbang there and a little APM Priest, though I've seen so damn many zoolocks I'm probably just switching to tempo mage to quickly get to where I hear the zoolocks are slightly less popular.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's wild legend, and I did it with Star Aligner Druid, which I was the first to call as meta breaking on reddit, pioneering the single 8 mana 7 health minion build that makes the deck tier 1.

I'm rank 12 on standard, and playing mostly whizbang there and a little APM Priest, though I've seen so damn many zoolocks I'm probably just switching to tempo mage to quickly get to where I hear the zoolocks are slightly less popular.

Thanks for the deck list. I'll give it a shot. I've been playing since beta and have a huge collection so I should be able to craft it without spending too much dust. I'm also a hearthstone miser and am sitting on 81k dust so I'm sure I can spare a bit to craft this.

Edit: Spent 2800 dust to craft it (needed 2 Star aligners, 1 juicy melon and Aviana). I won't get a chance to really try it until this weekend, but I'll report back with the results. Worst case I've still got 79k dust to try a different deck.

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Thanks for the deck list. I'll give it a shot. I've been playing since beta and have a huge collection so I should be able to craft it without spending too much dust. I'm also a hearthstone miser and am sitting on 81k dust so I'm sure I can spare a bit to craft this.
Cool. Don't worry about crafting Medivh if you don't have it. Grand Archivist (with UI), Charged Devilsaur, and Force Tank Max are just as good. Currently a bit of debate about which one is best.

Like against Control Mech Warrior, Force Tank Max is hard to kill after dirty rat, or Charged Devilsaur can flexibly used to kill a 477 if needed in the last turn to get to 10 mana.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cool. Don't worry about crafting Medivh if you don't have it. Grand Archivist (with UI), Charged Devilsaur, and Force Tank Max are just as good. Currently a bit of debate about which one is best.

Thanks. I own all the adventures so I've got Medivh. I'll YouTube some people playing it and try it out in casual first to get the hang of it.

I'm normally an arena person, but I definitely prefer wild over standard for constructed. Although the thing I do hate about wild is that so few people play it I'll often run into the same opponents three times or more in a row. I'll usually add them as friends after the 2nd match and talk to them during our match about how it's a shame more people don't play wild.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if that was me? lol. I just threw together a shitty all taunt deck cause I was getting annoyed by aggro and also frustrated that I can't find a Priest deck worth a shit. (FTP user so I'm kinda stuck with it. Don't have cards/dust to change classes or I would).

hah maybe, it was a weird deck. haven't seen it since.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pretty bored with playing zoolock and odd paladin, since not much has changed with them. they're old too, but i'm tempted to craft Azalina and Togwaggle. is this a terrible terrible idea or should i go for it? i have Floops Gloop, Flark, Luna's Pocket Galaxy, Cloning Gallery, Myra, Storm Bringer, and Zilliax, any essentials from Boomsday i should prioritize? i know it's only a week out but the dust is burning a hole in my pocket

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So many Combo Druids who don't know how to play, they burn a Biology Project, Wild Growth and Nourish to ramp up insane mana by turn 3 but then because they didn't draw they just sit there with an empty hand for five turns.

pretty bored with playing zoolock and odd paladin, since not much has changed with them. they're old too, but i'm tempted to craft Azalina and Togwaggle. is this a terrible terrible idea or should i go for it? i have Floops Gloop, Flark, Luna's Pocket Galaxy, Cloning Gallery, Myra, Storm Bringer, and Zilliax, any essentials from Boomsday i should prioritize? i know it's only a week out but the dust is burning a hole in my pocket
I mean Warlock already has a counter for that deck, it's good but I probably wouldn't spend 3200 dust on a deck half the ladder is going to be counter playing.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I want to love this game, but clearly blizzard is fucking love druid too much. I can't play other class cuz I need a fucking demonic project to survive

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I want to love this game, but clearly blizzard is fucking love druid too much. I can't play other class cuz I need a fucking demonic project to survive
Yeah I agree with you. There are simply too many OTK's in Hearthstone at the moment and Druid feature in a lot of them. Add the fact with Druid you can ramp up super fast, then resupply your hand and they can stall really well too means they have all they need to keep these combos going.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
the mech deathrattle hunter deck provide cheaper alternative than katerina version to me, still dont had Shaw tho

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree with you. There are simply too many OTK's in Hearthstone at the moment and Druid feature in a lot of them. Add the fact with Druid you can ramp up super fast, then resupply your hand and they can stall really well too means they have all they need to keep these combos going.
I just played my first togwaggle Druid, as big spell mage so literally nothing I could do. I've actually never seen the kings ransom combo but even if I knew what he was going to do I couldn't have stopped it. Gave me like 3 cards, I got my deck back and then he drew his hand and gave me an empty deck. Talk about uninteractive.That is so dumb.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
I just played my first togwaggle Druid, as big spell mage so literally nothing I could do. I've actually never seen the kings ransom combo but even if I knew what he was going to do I couldn't have stopped it. Gave me like 3 cards, I got my deck back and then he drew his hand and gave me an empty deck. Talk about uninteractive.That is so dumb.
Toggwaggle Druid and Priest OTK'thun both feel like I'm not playing the same game as them. Like, I don't matter in the slightest..

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Stormed my way from rank 9 to 5 with Control Lock, went something like 9-1, only lost once to a Zoo Lock that had a perfect hand. Reasonably fun to play. Better than Heal Lock and Combo Druid at least. Probably switch over to Shaman now.

### Lock the Gates!
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Demonic Project
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
# 2x (4) Shroom Brewer
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 2x (5) Giggling Inventor
# 1x (5) Skull of the Man'ari
# 1x (6) Mossy Horror
# 1x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBtsGzAiX0wLb6QLL7AKc+AIMigG2B5vCAufLAvfNAvLQAojSAtjlAurmAujnAuL4AoCKAwA=
#

Status
Not open for further replies.