• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Toggwaggle Druid and Priest OTK'thun both feel like I'm not playing the same game as them. Like, I don't matter in the slightest..
Add the Control Warlock Mechathun Cataclysm combo. I know my control deck doesn't favor the matchup, but at least give me a chance. The only thing I could do is RNG out a counterspell at the very end.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this stupid game is forcing me to download the whole patch again on android... stupid game.

They had to force this patch, they just couldn't make it optional.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Your only option is to just aggro them down. But there's only a couple aggro decks that can do it against all the tools Druid and Priest have to survive. So I guess in a week, when I get serious about wanting to make rank 10 (which is an accomplishment for me...stop laughing...), I have to become part of the Zoolock problem...

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Hey it's malygos druid.

Are you playing warlock with demonic project? Good luck with your RNG

Are you playing odd warrior? Good luck with your armor against alex and 2 malygos

Are you playing aggro? Does the druid already ramped, have billion from cheap armor spells? Oh here's spreading plague

Seriously I have to play odd warrior just to have a chance against maly druid.

edit:

I had no idea how I won this game https://hsreplay.net/replay/ixwYJpRZP8BfmVDC763dYb

Last edited:

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty idiotic, that there are 2 cards that can fuck up combo decks, and that they are both warlock cards, as if that class was struggling.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't dusted everything I got from my pack opening, just enough goldens to craft a couple necessary epics. I'm sitting on them until the nerfs hit. There's gonna need to be some balance changes methinks.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way that matchmaking is random. Trying to play mech warrior all day and run into nothing but otk decks. Switch to warlock and only play against mages.

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty idiotic, that there are 2 cards that can fuck up combo decks, and that they are both warlock cards, as if that class was struggling.

No idea what Blizzard was thinking giving combo disruption only to one class. Demonic Project should have been worked as a neutral battlecry. It would give validity to to so many different deck archetypes. But now I don't feel like I can play a class that's not Warlock as you're too weak to combo decks otherwise.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I think it's a glaring omission to give that disruption tool to just warlock.

The real bad part is that this meta is very combo centric, like none other I've seen in this game, a dirty rat card is absolutely needed in this meta.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
double dirty rats and double deathlords in wild
never thought i'd come to this but those autopilot druid decks are more annoying than aggro to me. at least with aggro i can use more flexible tech opitions to combat their game

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No idea what Blizzard was thinking giving combo disruption only to one class. Demonic Project should have been worked as a neutral battlecry. It would give validity to to so many different deck archetypes. But now I don't feel like I can play a class that's not Warlock as you're too weak to combo decks otherwise.

Peter Whalen said on Omnistone that they dont want combo disruption as neutral so they are gonna rotate it by classes...

Oct 28, 2017
Peter Whalen said on Omnistone that they dont want combo disruption as neutral so they are gonna rotate it by classes...

Which makes no sense unless they're giving it to multiple different classes. It's not fun losing to combo decks you can't react to. Pretty much only Druid and Warrior can survive a Malygos combo innately, and now Warlock can ruin it. Warlock is the only class that can stop a Mechathun combo. Paladin, Hunter and Mage aren't nearly fast enough at this point to beat it.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I get what they're trying to do and I agree with it....but I also don't.
Like they only want to give it to one class because that class will then have their place in the meta. Then they want to have a class that beats that class (rogue beats down warlock pretty well), and so on and so forth.
But I think that leads to polarizing matchups which I think is one of the worst things for the game. Even if there's a lot of different classes being played, I think that's a terrible meta.

I suppose their thinking is that if all classes had hand disruption, then combo decks would always be in fear of that...which I think is fair considering the kind of decks they are.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OK I have to admit, I'm very impressed by Subject 9. it has been very useful in the secret hunter archetype I'm trying.

The draws + spellstone can be really powerful, specially when you can chose which exact secret to play in certain situations. Of course the opponent will likely realize what secret was played, but the disruption to the opponents plan give a good chance to adapt

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
That made sense to me before release, but now it's feeling that's either going to force damn near half the meta to be running the exact same warlock control deck, or combo is not going to be challenged enough to keep it in check. Combo is just too damn good to put the anti-combo tech in just one class.

Maybe they're doing the same reevaluation. Maybe just giving a couple more classes anti-combo tech would be enough.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I'm so tired of Druidstone. Spreading Plague is the single worst card in HS atm. Absolutely ridicoulus how many good cards druid have. It's like half my games are against some kind of Druid. I'm gonna take a break until they nerf it and the meta gets a shake up.

I wonder how many are playing Warlock and Druid, because it feels very high. At least Warlock isn't as bad and boring to play against as Druid.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
OK I have to admit, I'm very impressed by Subject 9. it has been very useful in the secret hunter archetype I'm trying.

The draws + spellstone can be really powerful, specially when you can chose which exact secret to play in certain situations. Of course the opponent will likely realize what secret was played, but the disruption to the opponents plan give a good chance to adapt
Yeah I've enjoyed Subject 9 a lot. I really wish I had Shaw and Kathrena because this is the most I've enjoyed Hunter in a long while. And yeah Hunter secrets aren't hard to figure out or play around, but it's still annoying as hell nonetheless. Just like counterspell...sure, you know it's there, but can you do anything about it lol

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
OK so, what are the options for counterplay in the standard card set?

Paladin: Rebuke
Hunter: Rat Trap?
Mage: Counterspell, research project, Frozen Clone?
Warlock: Demonic Project
Rogue: Sap, Vanish, Kidnapper

Neutral: Skulking Geist, Azalina, Toggwaggle, Mana wraith, Nerubian weblord, Mind Breaker, King Mukla.

Mossy Horror and Void Ripper are good vs. Spreading Plague.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so tired of Druidstone. Spreading Plague is the single worst card in HS atm. Absolutely ridicoulus how many good cards druid have. It's like half my games are against some kind of Druid. I'm gonna take a break until they nerf it and the meta gets a shake up.

I wonder how many are playing Warlock and Druid, because it feels very high. At least Warlock isn't as bad and boring to play against as Druid.

According to HSReplay :

Warlock is the #1 most played @ 28.9%, but it is the 5th most powerful class @ 49.8%
Druid is the #3 played class @ 14.8% and it is the 4th most powerful class @ 50.0%

Warlock complaints still seem to be warranted as the class dominating the played meta. I find it funny how Hunter, Rogue and Mage are the top 3 in power level (according to this) , but we aren't hearing any complaints about them.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DK Guldans hero power should have been nerfed to 2 ages ago its by far the best hero power of the DK''s.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
According to HSReplay :

Warlock is the #1 most played @ 28.9%, but it is the 5th most powerful class @ 49.8%
Druid is the #3 played class @ 14.8% and it is the 4th most powerful class @ 50.0%

Warlock complaints still seem to be warranted as the class dominating the played meta. I find it funny how Hunter, Rogue and Mage are the top 3 in power level (according to this) , but we aren't hearing any complaints about them.

Warlock at almost 30% is absolutely nuts.

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
Strangely enough I don't really see Druids on rank 12/13 in Europe right now. Yesterday there was none and today only two (Malygos). Instead there are lots of Hunters (Secret and Egg) and Warlocks (mostly Even and Control) here. The whole week I had more Warriors than Druids as opponents.

BTW, I got Myra's Unstable Element in a pack today and it just won me a game where I needed Sap and Eviscerate to finish off my opponent.

Oct 25, 2017

Why would that be funny? Hunter and mage are like 1/5 of games COMBINED, so of course you won't have people facing them every other game and complaining about it. Even if they were, they're more interactive than the combo decks, and less frustrating than heal warlock.

Even if you add in rogue you're still looking at only 1 out of 3 games being one of those classes, and I'd also lump rogue in as fairly interactive (aside from malygos or whatever?).

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
According to HSReplay :

warranted? with a 0.2% of winrate below druid. sorry but no, that's not warranted.

the meta is still very healthy as of now, complaints over a specific class right now are just ways to vent frustration over losing.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
warranted? with a 0.2% of winrate below druid. sorry but no, that's not warranted.

the meta is still very healthy as of now, complaints over a specific class right now are just ways to vent frustration over losing.

I meant warranted in the sense that warlock is seen more than anything else (in theory). Any deck/class that is seen 30% of the time is going to wear on people.

Oct 28, 2017
Blood Knight is insanely good right now. I'm considering running 2. Even if you just combo it with your own Giggling Inventor, it's great. And most opponents are running at least one Inventor, so it's even better. If they don't have a silence, they probably lose.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capture07.PNG

Bring her back to her former glory just replace charge with rush and bam Warrior can have back 1 of the cards you butchered Blizzard.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So I have gone full meme now and built a Mill-Kingsbane-Pogo deck...and its alot of fun.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just used demonic project against a token druid.

It transformed each of our giggling inventors into blood imps.

Pretty funny coincidence.

Oct 25, 2017
This is without a doubt the most miserable gaming experiences i've had in my almost 30 years of gaming. Nothing about this meta is fun, interesting, or engaging.

Mecha'thun combo decks where you just outright lose if you aren't playing Warlock.

Malygos Druid which basically has no weakness aside of Warlock again.

Shudderwock Shaman occasionally showing up to liven up your playing experience even more.

Zoolock/Healock aka brain dead, regurgitate everything onto the board as fast as possible and go face.

Odd Paladin, same shit, regurgitate onto the board and go face.

Tempo mage.....enough said.

And so on.

Control Warlock only exists so much right now because the meta is so fucking trash, Hunter is actually one of the more down to earth classes right now, and Warrior, despite hitting the jackpot in cool new cards this expansion, still isn't in a good spot. At least, as far as the OTK combo decks go, APM Priest at least requires you to be fast and to be very careful with the buff cards.

They need to start rotating cards back into standard.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I just used demonic project against a token druid.

It transformed each of our giggling inventors into blood imps.

Pretty funny coincidence.
Is it? It's been gnawing on me for a while that a disproportionate amount of card generation creates doubles. This is likely some form of confirmation bias but I'd be curious what'd be the result if you actually ran the numbers w/ a sizeable sample size

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is without a doubt the most miserable gaming experiences i've had in my almost 30 years of gaming. Nothing about this meta is fun, interesting, or engaging.

Mecha'thun combo decks where you just outright lose if you aren't playing Warlock.

Malygos Druid which basically has no weakness aside of Warlock again.

Shudderwock Shaman occasionally showing up to liven up your playing experience even more.

Zoolock/Healock aka brain dead, regurgitate everything onto the board as fast as possible and go face.

Odd Paladin, same shit, regurgitate onto the board and go face.

Tempo mage.....enough said.

And so on.

Control Warlock only exists so much right now because the meta is so fucking trash, Hunter is actually one of the more down to earth classes right now, and Warrior, despite hitting the jackpot in cool new cards this expansion, still isn't in a good spot. At least, as far as the OTK combo decks go, APM Priest at least requires you to be fast and to be very careful with the buff cards.

They need to start rotating cards back into standard.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Correction 1-12

This is amazing to watch.

that whole combo seems unnecessarily complicated

at some point just drop an elemental and copy (4 mana), then do stormwind knight (4 more), pw:s and divine spirits as necessary (0), topsy (0) and mass dispel (2)

clears everything out of the way and gives you an otk without needing you to have a billion apm, and takes hearthstone's slow-ass animation speed out of the question. also really cuts down on the math

yeah you can't do it in the edge case where you've allowed your opponent to have like 80 health and armor, but it'd be a lot more consistent than trying to do goddamn calculus while simultaneously playing an entire starcraft match in 75 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.