• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
This image is over a year old, but it looks like we are in Stage 5:

2hqo1jkbp1ey.png

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This image is over a year old, but it looks like we are in Stage 5:

2hqo1jkbp1ey.png

to be honest this wouldn0't be any bad if we had something like a balance change in the updcoming moth, but not having that AND the only game mode since tavern brawl cancelled is just depressing for the community...

I can't blame them, I'm feeling down as well.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
to be honest this wouldn0't be any bad if we had something like a balance change in the updcoming moth, but not having that AND the only game mode since tavern brawl cancelled is just depressing for the community...

I can't blame them, I'm feeling down as well.
what was this cancelled game mode anyway? i keep seeing people post about it but googling "hearthstone cancelled game mode" doesn't turn up shit

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
what was this cancelled game mode anyway? i keep seeing people post about it but googling "hearthstone cancelled game mode" doesn't turn up shit

there was a new game mode announced about a year ago, it was supposed to be a tournament mode to be made first among fireside gathering users and then as part of the game itself, featuring some of the popular elimination matches used in tournament like last hero standing or best of 3-5. It could have been very interesting to make custom tournaments among communities, but not anymore.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Lots of HS pros and streamers tweeting about how great Artifact is over the past couple days...

If the streaming community switches to Artifact en masse? RIP competitive Hearthstone

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
everyone wins if artifact is good, yes, we have needed a true HS competitor for sometime now.

now if I could only get a beta key somehow

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee we somehow magically get new features real fast if artifact is successful.

Screw how complacent blizzard is.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
my previous wild attempts to use academic espionage were all pathetic (3-12 recorded) but this version is 20-9 for some reason and got me up to rank 3 when i was just playing around, lol.

### WILD ACADEMICS
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 1x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Conceal
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Cheap Shot
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 2x (4) Academic Espionage
# 2x (4) Fal'dorei Strider
# 2x (4) Tomb Pillager
# 2x (5) Azure Drake
# 1x (5) Dark Iron Skulker
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (7) Sprint
#
AAEBAaIHBowC9gTtBfMR9bsCse4CDLQBzQObBbkGiAekB94HhgnEFoHCAtzRAqj3AgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
i don't own the elekk but he might be useful

i've gotten dk rexar on turn 3 twice and both were insta concedes lol, prep + espionage t1 for the memes every time

tess just doesn't work sorry
https://hsreplay.net/replay/Bs25jVdrKQipitwr2EY49B
https://hsreplay.net/replay/EojVdj4baTBQ2d5Gn4STcG

Last edited:

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
### Brawl Deck
#
# 1x (0) Preparation
# 1x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (4) Academic Espionage
# 1x (4) Spectral Cutlass
# 1x (5) Myra's Unstable Element
# 1x (8) Tess Greymane
#
AAEBAaIHBssDhgnr8ALq8wKo9wLn+gIAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

If you want to have an amazing time.

Oct 25, 2017
### Brawl Deck
#
# 1x (0) Preparation
# 1x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (8) Tess Greymane
#
#

Wish I had Tess. I used DK Valeera instead. Very fun, but a bunch of people playing pirate warrior and other aggro decks, so it can be hard to survive those first few turns. If you do though, it's pretty much a wrap.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Wish I had Tess. I used DK Valeera instead. Very fun, but a bunch of people playing pirate warrior and other aggro decks, so it can be hard to survive those first few turns. If you do though, it's pretty much a wrap.

That's fine. I feel I never really get to use Tess anyway cause of its high mana cost and everyone running some kind of aggro deck but its definitely fun when you can play it. You can also replace Cutlass + Deadly poison for anything like Sap / Doomsayer / etc to deal with any early mobs which is what I did.

Basically want to mulligan Prep + Espionage and use Myra asap. Its all RNG and randomness but its fun. Especially when you play something like Jaina on turn 2.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
### Brawl Deck
#
# 1x (0) Preparation
# 1x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (8) Tess Greymane
#
#

This is awesome!
Thanks for the deck, I absolutely love it.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally going to be a bad person and create a Smurf account when rank 50 is introduced just to play whizbang decks.

Oct 25, 2017
### Brawl Deck
#
# 1x (0) Preparation
# 1x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (8) Tess Greymane
#
#

I had to craft the last 4 cards, but I think it was worth it. Thanks. :D

The first game was quite close against a Queen Carnassa deck, but I won. I thought that was a creative use of the brawl.

*edit* Unless I'm playing it wrong, it seems to do fairly poorly against the two common decks I'm seeing -- mage cycle mill and rogue cycle mill.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Toast broke the tavern brawl? He used book of sceptres to draw scroll of wonder cards, but it locked up his opponent?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Man ladder is fucking awful ATM. For me hearthstone is in its worst place in years. Zoo warlock all day everyday and even when you play counter decks can guarantee they have all their cards all lined up perfectly. Think I'm out after 3 years of daily play. Good job blizzard.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man ladder is fucking awful ATM. For me hearthstone is in its worst place in years. Zoo warlock all day everyday and even when you play counter decks can guarantee they have all their cards all lined up perfectly. Think I'm out after 3 years of daily play. Good job blizzard.

I feel the same, I just play my quest everyday and that's it. Game is extremly boring at the moment.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Artifact's first tournament line-up was recently announced and it is basically all former HS pros and streamers. I'm really starting to think that Hearthstone's competitive scene is going to move en masse to Artifact and the only ones left playing the game will be casuals and a few diehards who refuse to give it up. Blizzard has just not done enough to make hardcore players want to keep playing.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Artifact's first tournament line-up was recently announced and it is basically all former HS pros and streamers. I'm really starting to think that Hearthstone's competitive scene is going to move en masse to Artifact and the only ones left playing the game will be casuals and a few diehards who refuse to give it up. Blizzard has just not done enough to make hardcore players want to keep playing.
They will only move if their audience follows.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I hate about the game the most right now are even/odd design. That was the dumbest design they could come up, the idea that you start the game with a huge advantage just because your deck is built in a way is just bad, you play something on turn 1 without even spending mana just because your deck is like this, doesn't even matter if you draw the cards or not, you just get free shit for no reason, you know what other card was like this? Patches... Rewarding deck building on turn 1 is just bad. They were even congratulating themselves that unlike Reno whatever this happens every time, that's actually why it's worse design. Card game is about drawing cards and spending mana to play them, not getting rewarded for some arrangement inside your deck. What's inside your deck shouldn't even matter. Hand+Board and how you use them makes a card game, now the game is about what's in my deck more than what's in my hand... I hated Reno and this is even worse. You felt unlucky/lucky with that one and now these are just absurdly strong, predictable and boring.

How they want to balance the game for the next two years? Just be conscious of what is even what is odd? It's a huge design limit in a game that's already very limited. Warlock starting the game with 1 cost hero power into turn 3 mountain giant is going to be meta for the next two years. What they are going to do? Only print bad even cards? Not only warlock card but neutral too, warlock mostly plays neutral. Similar for other classes. Look at v/s ranking, most of tier is just odd or even deck.

The drawback of odd/even is just not big enough to compensate for how absurd it is to have a upgraded hero power and this is in the game for the next two year. They can't nerf by changing the stats on the cards either. So they have to go nerf upgraded hero powers, how they even nerf those, they were already conservative with Justicar in mind or how you nerf 1 cost hero power? make it cost 2? lol. you can't change these so they will ride it out for the next two years. They are always going to be meta imo and that means a lot of matches in hearthstone will feel similar and boring. Like how different even warlock in 2019 is going to be from one in 2018 or odd paladin or odd rogue? Not really different. Witchwood imo was a garbage set, I actually like boomsday. There is really not many problems with boomsday or anything that can't be addressed later.

Maybe they can print start of the game cards but their price gotta be much higher than what we got.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baku and Genn always in starting hand like quests.

Boom Nerf.

I don't care about even/odd decks. I like them for the most part.

The problem is the polarization. That's everything wrong for me.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Remember the other theme the witchwood had, cards that change stats every turn. Yeah...
How many mechs, actually see some play from boomsday?
Blizzard failing to make the themes from the last 2 expansions actually make an impact is one of the reasons I'm so bored with the game right now. Especially since last year when we had quests and death knights.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
W/ quests there also only were 3 constructed playable ones, warrior mage rogue, and one of those has been a major headache ever since.

The DKs and odds/even compare well imo and I like the mechanic a lot. It worked just fine in the witchwood meta.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That is how freeze works. The totem could have attacked that turn if it was buffed in some other way, so it technically missed an attack even though it hard zero attack

It never gets played in Standard, but in Arena I have seen many choose not to attack before they play

Hyldnir_Frostrider%2862920%29.png

....so they have the initiative the following turn.

If you alter the Totem interaction you are also limiting a card such a that.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you freeze a minion of yours that hasn't attacked yet, it will unfreeze after that initial turn. So if you cryostasis a totem it unfreezes immediately since it couldn't attack normally.

It makes sense but it lost me a game so i hate it!

But thats a normal interaction. Freezing definition says it misses its next attack, not the next turn. Cryostasis works well since it is also giving the totem a boost like direwolf alpha and when it does with direwolf they can inmediately attack, not with cryo because of the freeze.

I see no problem in that interaction

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of HS pros and streamers tweeting about how great Artifact is over the past couple days...

If the streaming community switches to Artifact en masse? RIP competitive Hearthstone

I don't get the love for artifact. The distribution model is horrible and the game seems so fiddly.

Won

Oct 27, 2017

On the plus side, if you ever wanted to be a Hearthstone Pro, now is the time!

It will be interesting to watch for sure. Default stance on such topic is, that the game in question is in no actual danger. The entrenched mass tends to not move on that easily.

But it seems boredom and frustration are at a critical mass for a lot of streamers.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the love for artifact. The distribution model is horrible and the game seems so fiddly.

They are different games, but artifact has a much wide promise of dynamic play. On HS you know exactly how a game will play guven the deck archetypes in play, in artifact there are way too many different elements that can change in the course of the game. The 3 board states, the random cards generated by buying, the line placement, etc.

Also they promised there isn't going to be a hugely expensive card market.. I think it makes sense given how the rarities are, each pack will have at least a single rare card, which is the highest rarity in the game.

I still need to try it, but I'm seeing its appeal

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
They are different games, but artifact has a much wide promise of dynamic play. On HS you know exactly how a game will play guven the deck archetypes in play, in artifact there are way too many different elements that can change in the course of the game. The 3 board states, the random cards generated by buying, the line placement, etc.

Also they promised there isn't going to be a hugely expensive card market.. I think it makes sense given how the rarities are, each pack will have at least a single rare card, which is the highest rarity in the game.

I still need to try it, but I'm seeing its appeal

It's just weird to me since the lane thing was already in other games, and Faeria does it better (imo) with both fixing the mana "problem" while also giving you a spacial puzzle that adds to your interaction in several layers.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
I just want artifact and MtG arena to blow up, I don't buy into "hearthstone is dying" or anything but the more competition means blizzard can't be complacent and we'll get (hopefully) more. Kind of like parents fighting for the love of their children during a divorce lol.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hearthstone may not be dying but it's in a hell of a rut and the last update they gave really took the wind out of the sails of lots of the fanbase.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you know what could be a fun game mode? try to imitate the Overwatch idea of Arcade (which they imitated from Hearthstone, lol) with several fun games modes like a Tavern Brawl but rotating each week, that way they give us ways to play different each week instead of playing the normal game each time.

Hearthstone may not be dying but it's in a hell of a rut and the last update they gave really took the wind out of the sails of lots of the fanbase.

the moment they really needed to show something to generate confidence ahead of the Artifact beta release and they just magnificently blew it... announce nothing to expect in the coming months and even cancel the only game mode they planed in years.

First time I have ever felt down on this game in the last 2 and half years of playing everyday.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mode that has a few legal sets that rotate every month would be super cool.

that's a really nice idea.. also it could treat classic as a baneable set, so only basics are evergreen there...

or may be not even basic can be evergreen? That would sound very interesting, damn HS has so much potential and its blind folded by its devs.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that's a really nice idea.. also it could treat classic as a baneable set, so only basics are evergreen there...

or may be not even basic can be evergreen? That would sound very interesting, damn HS has so much potential and its blind folded by its devs.
That'd be a good change

At the same time though, there are alot of people(Me included) that have dusted alot of cards from older sets because they weren't standard anymore. And that'd suck if there would be rotations where the only sets up were from sets where you dusted a fair amount.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Did MtG:A ever fix the fact that it was looking to be most expensive digital CCG on the market? Super looking forward to Artifact though.

I think I've been taking a break from hearthstone lately because they broke Wild again in my opinion, and meta in standard is far too fastly developed between deck builders getting better and better at evaluating cards and combos, and players having more and more tools to netdeck the best decks within hours of expansion release.

So I guess what I want from hearthstone is wild specific balancing, and/or other game modes that emphasize competitive deck building that aren't easily solved by hsreplay.net. It's doubtful that card design can fix my problems unless it's extremely game changing, because card design is still really good.

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Wild is no more broken this expansion as the past. Even shaman still reigns supreme.
I think the fast end of the spectrum was very narrow last expansion, but the slow end was super open. Combo Druid narrowing the slow end of the spectrum while still having nothing to open the fast end makes the whole format pretty narrow in options.

Status
Not open for further replies.