• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hrothgar

Nov 6, 2017
Netherlands dodging a bullet this week. Forecasts went from a full week of ~34 degrees to 30 till Tuesday and after that 25 till Friday.

Luckily, because my house during last year's heatwave was 34C inside, and had only cooled down to 29 in the mornings.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Forecast here (west UK) is pretty good. Low mid 20s max. Ideal. So, so, so sorry for those on the continent (and presumably SE England).

Last year I was in a city in the SE, was hot 24/7, eurgh.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I do love me some sleepless nights because of heat. I can never handle heat, thankfully I've got 3 windows in my bedroom, which sorta helps....

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Fuck, my heat sensitive, Swedish ass can't handle another summer like the last one. Rainy, windy summers - come back! All is forgiven!

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Just for those who need this explaining, yes record temps get set somewhere every year, but it happens more and more in a warming planet. You can't predict where the records will be, but we are seeing record numbers of records, completely in line with a global warming scenario.

Take global warming away and your average Temps from this weather would be... Less. Not by much, but enough that it many place global warming will be the difference between a record broken and a record not.

Feb 21, 2019
Normally I roll my eyes at Europeans complaining about the heat... Not this time. that's fucking hot. Keep your activity to a minimum, and try to stay cool.
Same, but not this time. Thats pretty damn hot.

That said, most of you all are young and healthy....Keep hydrated and you all will be fine (Id considering getting some jugs of water to keep at your place....people do funny things when they thing resources are scarce). Uncomfortable, yes. But fine.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Finland

QuIXC8I.png

taF2ynvm.jpg

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
yj30wsutea631.png

yeah, madrid always becomes an open-air oven

I don't do well in heat

kill me

guess I'll just hike up in the sierra every other day to escape the fucking everything

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
how do politicians dont do anything against fucking climate change

its mindboggling

Most of Europe is leading the world in this regard. The EU's targets aren't quite enough but they're a damn good distance of the way there.

It's really America with the biggest problems. Even China's taking it seriously although not seriously enough to give up on that environmentally-filthy growth.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit be careful guys. Check up on your neighbors. Many people will die from this heatwave, no questions about it.

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
What about these things?

msy-ge06-24na_4.jpg

I don't know what the plumbing is like for them though.

Yaps, unless the person is trying to save money, or can't do any holes on the wall there is little reason to get anything but these sort of units, they are the gold standard of AC so to speak, they are a lot quieter than window units and far more efficient and quieter than portable units which are pretty trash in both regards, these units do need to be installed by qualified people since there is some equipment required for the installation, but as far as the installation is concerned the plumbing is pretty simple, it is just a small hole at an angle through the wall with 3 tubes passing through, even the electrical installation isn't complicated since we have 230v most units can easily be plugged into a power socket.

ACs are very common in Southern Europe . Middle European countries are fucked because our houses are built for cold climate and it's basically impossible to install regular ACs.

Not in Portugal from my experience, in fact remember once showing a car to someone from eastern Europe and him commenting specifically how it was weird that Portuguese didn't really use AC much (the AC on the car was not working since it needed recharging).

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
This is the forecast for where I live in the South of Spain:

9YKPiFy.png

I wish it reached a little bit hotter. Like 31-32.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having a cold in hot/humid weather with high pollen is dreadfull. Have not been able to sleep properly all night, I want to cut off my nose.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
What about these things?

msy-ge06-24na_4.jpg

I bought a house last november. It has one of these in my living room. A couple of years ago this would have been considered pretty unneccessary in Denmark. Tomorrow I go to France for two weeks. When I come back I expect to make sweet sweet love to my own personal AC unit.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Going to work this morning was strange. Back at home in Normandy, it was 17°C at 6am, after 45minutes of train, i arrived in Paris and it was 23°C. At 7am. And it's supposed to be worse tomorrow. Fuck.

Luckily, it seems the "quasi AC" at work decided to finally start to work during the night and the office is quite cool. For now. I doubt it will stay that way when the heat will rise outside and the other coworkers start to arrive and turn on their computers.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in Switzerland and I don't even have AC in my goddamn office... and it's on the last floor, in a building built in the 60s. I'm going to die.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
It's 8 in the morning and already 26 degrees in the house ugh.

And I have to go to Amsterdam today for work. The AC in the train better be fucking working.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good, an excuse to not leave home. I did yesterday and I almost die