• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know how in the beginning of disaster / outbreak movies, they show those fake news stories, all spliced together, about how things go to where they are 'now' (in the movie)...anyone else REALLY feel like this when watching the news / weather now?
- US Floods
- Greenland is a puddle
-India has major cities with NO water
- Midwest is cool because hot air displaced artic air
-Penguins like vanished or some shit this year
-Australia, well its on fire usually
-130 degrees or some shit in Kuwait
-Methane blowing out massive divots in permafrost
-Annual MAJOR hurricanes/typhoons

and a Vice President with his thumb so far up his arse he can't admit any of it.

mORTEN

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I work in a uniform - tie and all, and I've been melting in a hot wooden shed all day.
Could be worse.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Got a heat pump here. They mostly advertise them for heating your house in the winter, but it does AC too, so it's all good.

ss1

Oct 27, 2017
Today was brutal in terms of heat. 37 degrees centigrade here in Düsseldorf. I felt very sorry for the employees who worked at the car sales room where I dropped my car off for repair. They had no A/C in the building and the building is a glass and steel box i.e. perfect as a greenhouse.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017

Up to 40°C on Sunday in parts of germany. Düsseldorf with "only" 32°C thankfully.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Literally anyone living in Europe right now:

0bd0ed742059cd7f4c83882095aeb3752e45dfbfv2_hq.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It's 30C inside my apartment. Thankfully, tomorrow I leave for my village in northern Spain where it's... Two degrees cooler than in Madrid!

Wooo kill me!

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
That's the issue I ran into every damn summer.
When it was truly hot, all the affordable stuff was sold out. 700€ or more made me shy away.

And yes, ACs will go from luxury/commercial items to being mass market products.

Which will increase emissions, which will make temperatures worse. Unstable feedback loop :(

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Doing a quick conversion to Fahrenheit...ugh, you poor bastard
Yeah, living right in the centre of town has its advantages, but equipment ain't one of those with these old-ass apartment buildings. My building was built in 1928, and I have grounds to believe the carpentry of the windows and doors is original from 1928.

But hey at least I have heating in winter... For the five minutes the windows hold it inside :(

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
It's 30C inside my apartment. Thankfully, tomorrow I leave for my village in northern Spain where it's... Two degrees cooler than in Madrid!

Wooo kill me!

Just move to the cooler North:

unknown.png

We have green stuff growing from the earth and water falling from the sky regularly. You dont get to see the Yellow thing in the sky often, but it works sometimes.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Just move to the cooler North:

unknown.png

We have green stuff growing from the earth and water falling from the sky regularly. You dont get to see the Yellow thing in the sky often, but it works sometimes.
It's not the first time I have been to Asturias and suffered absurd heat! You cannot trick me! Besides, with that humidity, the 28 degrees you will have next week will feel like 38 hahaha.
But yeah, it can get hot in Burgos at times... who would say, right?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the first time I have been to Asturias and suffered absurd heat! You cannot trick me! Besides, with that humidity, the 28 degrees you will have next week will feel like 38 hahaha.
Burgos is still inlands from the mountains so it doesnt get the ocean effect that stabilizes the temperature (or in this case that creates the natural barrier for the heat wave).

On the humidity, you are kindaish right, but i would say 30+ is where it gets really annoying.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country

Burgos barely counts as "north" in my opinion. The north is everything north of the Cantabrian mountains, the rest is "center".

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Man, today was brutal. Skin felt like it got barbecued the moment I stepped into the sun. It's still hot as hell outside, too.

At least it looks like tomorrow and next week will be better. I hope we get some rain, it was dusty as hell out.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
We haven't had it massively bad apart from today in the UK, was about 33 celcius. I would suffer with the crap the rest of my fellow Euro-peeps are putting up with. Hopefully tomorrow is better for everyone.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess everyone's view depends on where they look from 😂
He is right though. "North" is normally used to refer to the part of Spain that is north of the Cantabrian mountains and has its own different climate.

Mapa-de-zonas-clim%C3%A1ticas-en-Espa%C3%B1a.jpg

Oceanic climate is more similar to that of Britain than to the Mediterranean or Continental.

Burgos barely counts as "north" in my opinion. The north is everything north of the Cantabrian mountains, the rest is "center".

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
sweltering in madrid. I couldn't leave the flat until 7pm today, and even then I was sweating on my forehead constantly. I wish I were in asturias or cantabria..

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I don't mind it being hot outside but the problem is that you get rekt inside as well since AC isn't a thing over here. Also working night-shifts one or two times a week and it sucks trying to sleep during the day. Haven't been that bad so far but last year I had 32c (89-90F) inside several times, RIP sleep.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Sigh here we go again .... hope that this shit won't last that long but im preping for the worst.

France will be hit even harder with over 40°C so stay hydrated and buy a fan.

Oct 27, 2017
You're going to get what we're getting in the States right now. Tomorrow the "feels like" temperature is going to be 115 F in Philadelphia (46 C). Hang in there

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surely the more we boil the earth the more AC should become standard in Europe right?

Stay safe people

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
You're going to get what we're getting in the States right now. Tomorrow the "feels like" temperature is going to be 115 F in Philadelphia (46 C). Hang in there

That sounds dreadful. Come to the PNW to cool off...shit hasn't gotten above 80 in what feels like a month, one of our mildest summers in awhile.

Cue a hellish August approaching :p