• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
They chose to show Hellbalde because it's pretty much the best looking game they have right now, as most of the new Xbox studios are either early in development or about to release their last games on the Xbox One. It doesn't mean anything in terms of the direction the Xbox games are going to follow next gen, the same way Ryse didn't mean anything when they pick it as the graphical showcase for the Xbox One.

This is a paragraph of complete guesses. None of this is known.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
So despite seeing no gameplay whatsoever, and not knowing how it plays or looks you're already sold? Lol wow.
You're a marketer's dream. Let's see what MS (and Sony) have to offer with gameplay and range of games before jumping in.

This is the truth.. I loved the first Hellblade for what it was but if they want to turn it into a system seller they need to make big changes and turn it into a top tier AAA game.

Scalebound was a system seller for Xbox in my eyes but it's a shame that they cancelled that game.

For PS5 games is the same deal.. we have not seen real gameplay yet so no one should be so confident about getting a PS5 until wee see some real games running on the console.

If the jump from PS4 to the PS5 for example is barely native 4k+30 fps with some RT features I won't be buying the console at launch.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
Maybe I am misunderstanding but isnt the point of OP's post to say rather than the game itself, the fact that Microsoft have showed it first and put such a resource into it shows that the mentality of XBOX and Phil is changing and shows commitment to 3rd person action adventures and not just the usual typical xbox system sellers. I can respect this point, although for me its not enough to justify a 500 dollar (probably) purchase without knowing the full depth of an ecosystem and the types of games they will deliver

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What if this game turns out to be highly mediocre?

But gooder grafix means better game, right? There's never ever EVER been a mediocre game that had gooder graphics, amirite?

That's why I just can't give a crap until I see honest to goodness gameplay. All these "trailer rendered in game" tagline doesn't mean squat.

aerts1js

May 11, 2019
It doesn't look like my kinda thing, the trailer with the heavy music would've been something 16 year old me would've thought was cool.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i know a lot of people say they will buy a system for one game but has that ever been true? like i really, really want to play horizon 2 but no way i'm i buying a ps5 just for that.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
It doesn't seem like my type of game, but I'm willing to give it a chance for $5 on PC gamepass.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
i know a lot of people say they will buy a system for one game but has that ever been true? like i really, really want to play horizon 2 but no way i'm i buying a ps5 just for that.

Is that the only Sony exclusive you expect to want to play?

But gooder grafix means better game, right? There's never ever EVER been a mediocre game that had gooder graphics, amirite?

That's why I just can't give a crap until I see honest to goodness gameplay. All these "trailer rendered in game" tagline doesn't mean squat.

Who that's excited for this is actually saying "LoOk GudDeR GrAfIx"? Op certainly didn't. Op based their excitement on the prior game.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I bought an Xbox One in 2014 for Halo and a switch in 2017 for Mario Oddysey.

yeah I really wanted to play Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Mario + Rabbids, and the eventual Smash brothers, but I wasn't going to miss out on Mario and Halo at launch.

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is that the only Sony exclusive you expect to want to play?

Who that's excited for this is actually saying "LoOk GudDeR GrAfIx"? Op certainly didn't. Op based their excitement on the prior game.

I was just reinforcing the member I quoted when he asked what happens if the games turns out to be mediocre. A lot of people do base the quality of a game off its graphics which is asinine. Just stereotyping the same graphics arguments that's been around since NES vs SMS.