• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
And just like that Xbox has finally shown something that makes me regret not being an xbox player, something that hasn't happened at all through the entire gen. That trailer was phenomenal, I love the main actress and visuals were amazing. What a first showing for next-gen!

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Looks cool. Time for me to finish Hellblade: I got stuck on the fire labyrinth over a year ago and never came back to it.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Not quite sure how a sequel would be as the first game was mostly allegorical and not literal, but it was very good so I'm looking forward to it.

Klaw

Nov 16, 2017
France
Looks damn good. But I'm not sure the game needed a sequel. Wait and see, but I still love the art direction.

Mylonite

May 15, 2019
Honestly, this is one of the better trailers I've seen over the past few years.

Very excited for the game!

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Considering Ninja Theory agreed to an acquisition it's possible a sequel wouldn't have happened at all, let alone one with this kind of potential due to the massive financial backing they have now.

It's always possible with independent studios, but it's also possible the sequel would have happened without Microsoft's involvement.

The fact that the sequel has come as far as this can be contributed to Microsoft.

Obviously next gen game looks better than a current gen game, animations included, and obviously bigger budget enables them to improve visuals even further. The reveal trailer makes it seem like there's a shift in tone, which isn't an improvement if that's the case, considering how the original was a deeper and well-made portrayal of mental illness.

As for how the original looked in CG reveal trailer, in comparison to what was released.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ3SWggdafg

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Era: "MS won't ever make games like Hellblade!"

MS:" Tada!"

Era: " Did Hellblade NEED a sequel? Why are they forcing Ninja Theory to make a sequel?"

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This trailer was incredible yo. And to think the main chick is not a trained actress.

Norse mythology is hot shit right now. Lol

I need to check out the first game, but from what I saw it was simple.

Can anyone give a quick description of the fundamentals? I don't wanna go in blind.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Looks good.
This is probably the only studio acquisition that affected me personally and it sucked big time.
Hopefully they will release it on other platforms so I can play the sequel as well.