• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Ninja Theory usually does this. Even back in Heavenly Sword's cutscenes, there was usually some kind of over-acted shouting or screaming to heighten the "emotion" in the scene. It got kind of annoying after awhile lol.
The only games they did that with were Hellblade and Heavenly Sword. Both lean into straight theater style acting

Meanwhile the acting in Enslaved and DmC is similar to hollywood films.

Frankly, a song and setting like this does not warrant a subdued performance.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ninja Theory usually does this. Even back in Heavenly Sword's cutscenes, there was usually some kind of over-acted shouting or screaming to heighten the "emotion" in the scene. It got kind of annoying after awhile lol.

I think its rough trying to do screaming or shouting or intense pain with these filmed faces. Look at mama in death stranding. That under the rubble seen is laughably bad.

Hopefully they steer away from it in hellblade 2.

I really need to playthrough one now.

Image quality on this is bonkers

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Next gen games make current games look dated? Isn't that... the point? Why are people comparing next gen to current gen? Makes no sense. Too bad this had no gameplay. Calling it in-engine doesn't do it any favors when there's zero gameplay. Just looks like any other prerendered trailer.
Don't be a dumdum. TLOU2 looked better than anything we had ever seen. All of a sudden it looks dated. I am just expressing my surprise and delight. Kay?

Sep 14, 2018
I really hope they don't ruin the first game's message by turning her into some sort of killing machine or whatever. It is the same devs so they understand her well presumably and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

They made something beautiful it'd be a shame if they threw that away for spectacle.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And people thought I was crazy saying the end of Hellblade 1 was a sequel teaser.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Are those raytraced reflections I see at 0:41? Seems like it's reflecting stuff not on screen. 👌

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Looks great, hopefully MS stick to their manifesto of 4k 60fps, because playing this game at 60 would be great. If it's another tech demo at 30 then what's the point?

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shameless cross-post:
iu

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The first hellblade still looks insane.

This will be a great showcase for the new console and will probably be top 3 best looking games of next gen around its launch.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
This is the first game since Rare Replay that has me excited for Xbox.
Ninja Theory deserves all the funds for pushing tech

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Just so people know, this game was being developed before Microsoft came to ninja theory to be bought. I am sure there was always an idea for a sequel.

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
The dark trailer, and the terrible youtube compression makes this a bit hard to analyse but I certainly didn't think it was real time the first time I saw. It looks amazing.

I think this game will receive lots of complaints of graphics downgrade. The Godfall trailer looked like something easily achievable next gen. In fact it looked disappointing.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
All their characters look like Halloween rejects, so no not much positive to say. I'm interested to see what the response is from gaming community. Like I said, not for me. Hopefully the other MS studios are branching out a bit more
I've never seen you say anything positive in a Microsoft or Xbox thread. I have seen you say plenty of odd or nonsensical things in Microsoft and Xbox threads though🤷‍♂️

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing in the trailer was real time. It was done in-engine, as in Unreal Engine, but its fully prerendered. You can make CGI movies in UE now.
But trailer was really cool.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
All their characters look like Halloween rejects, so no not much positive to say. I'm interested to see what the response is from gaming community. Like I said, not for me. Hopefully the other MS studios are branching out a bit more
You've moved the goalpost. You went from "they haven't branched out" to "Well I don't like the character design in two games that have completely different art direction."

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
There is currently no release date for Hellblade 2, but I felt it worth asking about the current state of its development. All I was told is that the game was on Ninja Theory's roadmap by the time Microsoft approached the studio regarding partnership opportunities.

So, the acquisition made an already planned sequel to multiplatform title an exclusive. How great for gamers.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
There is no different art direction. As for MS, I love Ori - it's my favorite game, period. So it will be interesting to see what Moon studios does or doesn't do. I'm hopeful for a decent Fable game, and the new Forza will look great

Could care less about Halo Infinite and this, though. And the console - that is just one fat brick. It will be interesting to see the general republic's reaction to it

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
On what grounds is anyone believing that's the graphics of the game? Nothing about that looked like gameplay of any kind.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
There is no different art direction. As for MS, I love Ori - it's my favorite game, period. So it will be interesting to see what Moon studios does or doesn't do. I'm hopeful for a decent Fable game, and the new Forza will look great

Could care less about Halo Infinite and this, though. And the console - that is just one fat brick. It will be interesting to see the general republic's reaction to it
Your statement on Ninja Theory not branching out is objectively wrong though. Their next game is a competitive online brawler.

After that they're releasing a next gen sequel to a critically acclaimed game they developed.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
There is no different art direction.
We're talking about two games, one of which uses incredibly stylized character designs:
0f982c6f-d55d-4ea7-bb62-46b4f7f3c9df.jpg

and a game that aims for total photorealism:
senuas-saga-hellblade9vjhe.png

This is literally the exact definition of different art direction. On top of the games being in completely different genres. Like dude, stop stating things without thinking the statement through.

Oct 25, 2017
So Ninja Theory hasn't branched out at all - that is disappointing. Strike one so far ... this game is definitely not for me

What exactly do you want from them? A full-fledged Hellblade sequel with AAA funding is exactly what I would expect. I mean didn't think it would be actually be Hellblade, but this in line with what they do and I think it will be successful.

On what grounds is anyone believing that's the graphics of the game? Nothing about that looked like gameplay of any kind.

No one saying that. That doesn't change the fact that what they showed was impressive though and not just technically, but creatively.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

So, the acquisition made an already planned sequel to multiplatform title an exclusive. How great for gamers.
You could look at it that way. But it's clearly given the game a much larger budget. And the game is still releasing on PC. And PS4 owners weren't going to be able to play it either way if it was always destined to be a next gen game.