• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
I love this dev so much. I hope Microsoft lets them go wild with their next project. Does Bandai own the Enslaved rights? I'd love to see a sequel/remaster/reimagining.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Why they donating to USA, tho? They are from UK. But good stuff anyway, mental health is big issue, which is not being discussed enough.

AlexxKidd

Banned
May 23, 2018
Good on them for giving to a just cause, but 100k seems like an extremely low number for that game. Apparently this is a game that everyone talks about, but few buy.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome, and it feels good that they feel safe enough to do that as well.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Ooh, that's a generous amount!

Took quite a while to reach 100K, but it's done and dusted now.

I still cannot quite believe Ninja Theory have gone to Microsoft...

I could totally understand a new studio that they so desperately needed to do, as well as acquiring both Playground Games and Undead Labs, but Ninja Theory knocked me for six!

Here's hoping they are left to do their own thing with the next game, and to be able to create something just as intriguing and unique as Senua's story.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
A late, digital-only port that came out about 4 months ago at that! It's a fantastic game that I'm in the middle of at the moment.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
This game continues to be one of the best things to happen this gen. Good on you, Ninja Theory.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Mental Health America is one of those organizations whose outreach manages to show mental health and self-care issues in the context of everyday living (normalizing it) without giving the impression that the problems are something you have to accept as "normal." They seem to strike a balance of making clear that everyone faces these issues at some point, but that you always treat it as seriously as people know to with serious physical injuries; their lobbying supports policies to make mental health a core medical consideration in more states, as opposed to some "premium" tier that some can afford. They even have articles to help those acting as support for others going through the worst of it. Just flipping through their social media feed, the articles and outreach events seem incredibly well considered.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good on them for giving to a just cause, but 100k seems like an extremely low number for that game. Apparently this is a game that everyone talks about, but few buy.
That's a very good result considering the game came out on other platforms a long time ago. No Man's Sky may not be a perfect comparison, but it did much worse on the Xbox compared to the (retail) numbers for the PS4 release.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
I loved Hellblade and love what Ninja Theory is doing with these donations. A dev I'm proud to support .

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

As a late release for a digital-only title that wasn't an earth-shaker originally, it's certainly not bad (and this was just since the April release). Since they calibrated their donation goals to these numbers, we know it's in the range they wanted from the release.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
They did UK with the PS4/PC sales.
Was gonna ask the same question

Good stuff NT. Mental health never gets the support or funding it needs. Do have a question tho, is there a story behind why they chose mental health over other charities?

Either way massive respect again

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good on them for the donation.

Unfortunately I absolutely hated the game. Bought it during the Xbox Ultimate sale and got 3 hours in before giving up.

Such a linear boring game. The repetitive gameplay of line these symbols up with the door got old really fast.

Was gonna ask the same question

Good stuff NT. Mental health never gets the support or funding it needs. Do have a question tho, is there a story behind why they chose mental health over other charities?

Either way massive respect again

A major focus of the game is on the protagonist's mental illness.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see some people turning a charity thread into concern about sales and recent MS acquisition

OT: wonderful news, Ninja Theory are really pushing for mental health awareness which is great to see.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, nice. I had no idea NT was donating money.

I keep forgetting about HB, but it's definitely something I need to check out soon.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The game surpassed 1 million units sold back in June, almost a year later. It was never selling gangbusters sadly.

I want them to do a sequel. It was one of my top games of last year.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Great to hear! It's always great to see devs that are able to give back especially in how cutthroat and how narrow margins can be on games. Excited for what's to come next!

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I paid full price at launch and thought it was worth twice what I paid. I'm holding off replaying it as I want to play it on the 1X and I'm hoping it gets added to games pass.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
I've loved all of Ninja Theory's games, but I had no idea that thing this existed (and the title is horrendous). It's nice to see that they're doing something great with the money they've made, and I now have a new game to buy.