• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
That footage looked incredible

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
If that was footage from the Switch version colour me impressed. Assassins Creed looked like total ASS in comparison.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Really curious to see how this looks and runs on the Switch. Hope it sells well, the game is excellent. So good in fact that I triple dipped to support the company.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
This feels like a game that should no way be able to run on Switch, interested to see details

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
L4SFgO9.gif

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, this might make me a believer....

This is one of the best looking games of this gen. This is the last game I would think to come to the Switch.

Patiently waiting for the details.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought this game was kind of shit but getting it running well on Switch would be a notable feat.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is this is the sort of leeway NT alluded to when they made that video celebrating the partnership. And I think people may be assuming too much if they insist the studios acquired in the last couple years are going to be rigidly exclusive. Now more than ever, it seems like MS understands that a sale is a sale (within reason).
I'm reminded of Psygnosis. Sony owned them. They designed the PS1 devkit, a huge factor in he system's succss. But they kept releasing games for other platforms. That's why Wipeout was on N64. Sony, uh... really didn't like that. I have no idea what Psygnosis were smoking. Sony even tried to sell them to be rid of this rogue subsidiary they couldn't control. They eventually gutted them and put a stop to such shenanigans.

In hindsight, a late port of Wipeout did absolutely no harm to Playstation. It introduced new people to the series. The series was still a system seller for Sony.

There could be great value in MS studios releasing older games on the Switch. Fingers crossed for Rare Replay on Switch. #Believe

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Really amazed this runs on the Switch!

It might be the most amazing port right now, IMO

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Microsoft letting them keep Hellblade multiplatform. I dont expect the same for whatever comes after they got purchased.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
digital only is weird. MS is gonna get paid for it anyway, so might as well put out a physical

Oct 29, 2017
User Warned: port begging
More Microsoft first party support on Switch? Why thank you!

Can I haz Rare Replay, Sea of Thieves, Sunset Overdrive and Cuphead on Switch now plz? ;)

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
You see this game running on the switch...and then you look at the Dead by Daylight footage.....

It's noticeably downgraded from other platforms, though. Not as bad as DbD or AC3R, but that footage was not too sharp in comparison. Getting it running at all is impressive, of course, although I can't imagine wanting to play this as a handheld game. Use headphones, at least, to appreciate the top level sound design.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is allowing all projects to be completed whatever platform the games are for, this was in the works before the deal was done most likely. I'd be surprised to see further games natively built for other devices in the future. Doubt Microsoft wants to spend the resources to develop something for a specific device when they have streaming tech.

I still need to finish this game though. It got a little repetitive so I quit. Maybe one day.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Ninja Theory's future games will be exclusive to Xbox, but it's good to see more people play Hellblade! I'm a bit surprised it can run on the hardware.