• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patchy

Oct 29, 2017
Is anyone having an issue on PC with GPU fans jumping to 100% speed for prolonged periods while in game?

My GPU is sitting at 70 degrees but the fans are running as loud as a jet engine. Only started after the latest patch and it is only this game.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Well they are all free if you play. It isn't hard to get 1000 super credits while playing.
Where are you all getting one hundred SC drops so easily 🥵

Btw, can you find medals and supercredits solo on the lowest difficulties the same as playing in higher ones? Or does it have a different spawn rate.

Could be kinda chill for me to sometimes just turn off my brain and go around cleaning the map on Trivial with equipment I never use, while listening to a podcast.

Thinking of picking this up on PC but how is the game playing solo or matching with strangers? Is it still worth it?
I've had many many many great experiences playing this with randoms, it works nicely.

Reminds me of Hunt Showdown with randoms where there's always a sense of what you're supposed to be doing next so everything just flows without the need for deep cooperation or communication.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Where are you all getting one hundred SC drops so easily 🥵

Btw, can you find medals and supercredits solo on the lowest difficulties the same as playing in higher ones? Or does it have a different spawn rate.

Could be kinda chill for me to sometimes just turn off my brain and go around cleaning the map on Trivial with equipment I never use, while listening to a podcast.

You absolutely do. The underground shipping container stashes and the golden blinking crash site stuff all have a chance to drop Super Credits...

Solo on easy you can jog and turn your brain off while you collect stuff. Absolute top tier Podcast gaming!

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
spoiler pictures of a Helldivers 1 vehicle in Helldivers 2 with some tiny details about it:
XqTLlT4.png
h7JJsBU.png

3 gunner slots, 1 AC and 2 Stalwarts
manual transmission so the driver gets to do some thinking too
vehicles have part damage. parts can be destroyed and fall off etc..
vehicles have fuel, you can see the gauge in the pic
fuel tank can be punctured so it leaks fuel

I love these devs so much

wow-omg.gif

Jan 4, 2018
spoiler pictures of a Helldivers 1 vehicle in Helldivers 2 with some tiny details about it:
XqTLlT4.png
h7JJsBU.png

I don't know how feasible it is but I'd love for a raid style 20+ helldiver mission in the future and just see a bunch of these and the mechs assaulting an automaton base.

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
Keep forgetting to record after one-shotting a bile titan with railgun (in unsafe mode) but my buddy caught me taking one out last night:

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedFrigidCrocodileBatChest-FaQ1S6YnincVm67T

EDIT - Oh! Riptwo was actually spectating on me when I took it out :D

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedExcitedSalsifyTooSpicy-EcKpMm-PfL7vdtZ_

The reason that I'm spectating is too embarrassing to share. Also it's in the clip. The horror.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Had issues when playing on Suicide tonight. Friends couldn't join (immediately kicked) and I couldn't call down an SOS. I was already playing with one random and I had my game set to Public and crossplay.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So some fake Helldivers 2 listings are popping up on Steam.

This is the real listing:

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/553850/HELLDIVERS_2/

These are fake --- previously released games whose names have been changed:

Previously Figurality:

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2607830/HELLDIVERS_2/

Old page: https://archive.is/ODtue

Previously DO NOT SMILE:

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2630550/HELLDIVERS_2/

Old page: https://archive.is/vf682

I had no idea that any game can just set their publisher, dev, and franchise to things like PlayStation PC LLC and Arrowhead Game Studios.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Unlocked helldive right after impossible. Those strategem delay modifiers suck.
I fucking HATE the scrambler modifier. I picked up ff7 today and I feel terrible about having to drop the game. 90 hours, level 43, still having fun. But ff7 is also sinking it's hooks into me. But I know when I come back, there's gonna be sick new content in this game.

Holy Diver

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Requisitions are so useless after certain point that I wouldn't even mind if every time you wanted to equip mechs or other vehicles stratagems there were a Requisition cost associated with them.

Oct 25, 2017
Getting used to this game a few days ago and been enjoying it since.

I also ran into my first big bug where the people we rescue just... stand around near the exit. Had to bail on that mission.
GHfMSG7X0AAgCEu

Anyone else?

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jumped on the train. It is insane how just about everyone I know with a PS5 or PC has this game.

Jun 12, 2021
Been playing on difficulty today with some friends and this game just gets better the harder it is. I really like how the difficulties aren't just the enemies becoming bigger bullet sponges.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hopefully just cut prices, both for the Super Credits and Medals needed. If they're indeed adding one new Warbond every month that means a year from now there'll be 14, imagine buying the game then and seeing all that haha. They definitely need to do something to ensure that future players aren't overwhelmed.

you could possibly just split the warbonds into separate tabs/tiers. ie, "Legacy" Warbonds, which would be the warbonds from the first maybe 6-12 months of release, then some other tab with, say, mid game, warbonds, and then a final tab with all the current/new Warbonds. The current warbonds tab would be the default one loaded when the player opens up the page, and then they can explore the other tabs to see if there's anything from the older warbonds that may pique their interest.

I think it's wonderful that the warbonds don't expire, and i think there's ways from a UI perspective that they'd be able to make room for all those older warbonds once new ones start coming in a regular intervals!

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I also ran into my first big bug where the people we rescue just... stand around near the exit. Had to bail on that mission.
GHfMSG7X0AAgCEu

Anyone else?

This happened to me, we bombed the side of the building and the railings leading to the door (which I see you did here) before they started going inside. Definitely annoying AF, we killed a dozen or so in the process.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Hopefully just cut prices, both for the Super Credits and Medals needed. If they're indeed adding one new Warbond every month that means a year from now there'll be 14, imagine buying the game then and seeing all that haha. They definitely need to do something to ensure that future players aren't overwhelmed.

I am pretty sure after some time period they could and would change something for the older Warbonds, either reduce the medals or discount the price, once we are at a ridiculous high number of 10+ of course.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

GHfMSG7X0AAgCEu

Anyone else?
I've had that a couple of times, meleeing them kicks them into gear and they start moving again

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
the vehicle leaks have me so excited, we knew mechs were coming but actual vehicles was legitimately one of my most wished for additions. hopefully they release the roadmap soon!

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how I feel about another premium war bond already. Haven't finished the free one and barely scratched the premium. I know they'll never go away but it seems like a lot if the trend is to release crazy grindy warbonds every month or other month.
I know. I feel like they at least need to reevaluate how you progress a war bond or how to get weapons though. Having to progress multiple pages of a premium war bond for a very specific weapon you want sounds entirely unfun. God have mercy on you if you end up getting the weapon and you find out it's ass and unfun.

A few of my thoughts on this:
- It's not "already", it's in two weeks time. Game has only been out for three! So, you've got nearly as much time as you've played already before the 2nd warbond arrives if you were a launch day Helldiver.
- Soon enough (maybe not in two weeks but hey they never expire), you'll have all that you want / all that there is from the standard warbond. Much, much easier to progress a premium warbond without the additional medal-drain of the regular one.
- Medal income increases drastically at higher levels of difficulty.

I'm kinda on the opposite side - Only three pages in a month seems not very much new content to unlock? I wonder how they're going to introduce these vehicles and other regular stuff? Maybe there will be a new quarterly "Season" regular warbond or something?

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Yesterday was the day where I had the most fun with Helldivers 2 so far. I don't really know what changed, maybe it's just that the current event planet is relatively easy? But I played on Hard the whole evening with randoms and to 95% had a pretty good time. Enemies were never too many, you could play pretty tactical and organized go from goal to goal without getting the feeling of being unfairly swarmed by waves of enemies or the game suddenly turning into a difficulty nightmare. Now I unlocked the next difficulty and I hope it kinda stays that way.
I'm level 15 or 16 now and I could already unlock quite a lot of high end tools for the next matches.

Tho, I probably had the worst technical experience yesterday too on the new planet. Suddenly it went to the low 80fps quite a freaking lot with everything on max with my 4090 and a 7800X3D on 4K. I then lowered like 4 or 5 settings based on a performance guide and first it went up to the high 90s (Still not amazing for what I lowered) but a round later it was back to mid 80 most of the time even with my lowered settings. I don't know if the new planet just have some really heavy effects or not but this was odd.

I need a DLSS mod now.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday was the day where I had the most fun with Helldivers 2 so far. I don't really know what changed, maybe it's just that the current event planet is relatively easy? But I played on Hard the whole evening with randoms and to 95% had a pretty good time. Enemies were never too many, you could play pretty tactical and organized go from goal to goal without getting the feeling of being unfairly swarmed by waves of enemies or the game suddenly turning into a difficulty nightmare. Now I unlocked the next difficulty and I hope it kinda stays that way.
I'm level 15 or 16 now and I could already unlock quite a lot of high end tools for the next matches.

Tho, I probably had the worst technical experience yesterday too on the new planet. Suddenly it went to the low 80fps quite a freaking lot with everything on max with my 4090 and a 7800X3D on 4K. I then lowered like 4 or 5 settings based on a performance guide and first it went up to the high 90s (Still not amazing for what I lowered) but a round later it was back to mid 80 most of the time even with my lowered settings. I don't know if the new planet just have some really heavy effects or not but this was odd.

I need a DLSS mod now.
Low 80 fps is your definition of the worst technical experience? D: *Cries in PS5*

D3M0N

Oct 30, 2017
Is anyone having an issue on PC with GPU fans jumping to 100% speed for prolonged periods while in game?

My GPU is sitting at 70 degrees but the fans are running as loud as a jet engine. Only started after the latest patch and it is only this game.

I had exactly the same only with 72 GPU Temp. Somehow starting and ending a mission goes heavily on the GPU. After some investigation i figured out that the HotSpot temp exceeded 105 degrees and therefore the GPU fans go into overdrive without reporting back the new RPM.

In the end the mounting pressure wasn´t equal enough. I then solved it by repasting the GPU with new themal paste and properly tighten the bracket.
So maybe its the same for you, could be worth it to check hotspot temp with something like HW monitor.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
XqTLlT4.png
h7JJsBU.png

All I'm picturing from that is everyone in the support seats getting their heads blown off like Breckinridge in Starship Troopers by whoever's operating the main gun.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Are you sure it is the gpu ?
The game is very CPU demanding.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Is there some way to find out the exact position of a Stalker Lair I'm not aware of? Had a teammate tag its exact location on the other side of the map out of nowhere. I also learned that you can use the Railgun to blow up Spore Spewers from across the map, saw a teammate tag one and shoot at it from 400 meters away, put a few shots in myself and it blew up.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some way to find out the exact position of a Stalker Lair I'm not aware of? Had a teammate tag its exact location on the other side of the map out of nowhere. I also learned that you can use the Railgun to blow up Spore Spewers from across the map, saw a teammate tag one and shoot at it from 400 meters away, put a few shots in myself and it blew up.
There are a few easy clues. One, the stalkers will initially always approach from the direction of their lair. So if you spot a fresh one coming at you, you can basically draw a line to the direction where it came from. Two, stalker lairs have the usual orange gas spewing bug holes that normal hives have, but they don't have the telltale red glow to mark the area in the minimap. Putting just these two together is a tremendous help. By your description, your teammate might also recognize them from the minimap terrain once clued to the general direction, though I've no real idea about that part.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
There are a few easy clues. One, the stalkers will initially always approach from the direction of their lair. So if you spot a fresh one coming at you, you can basically draw a line to the direction where it came from. Two, stalker lairs have the usual orange gas spewing bug holes that normal hives have, but they don't have the telltale red glow to mark the area in the minimap. Putting just these two together is a tremendous help. By your description, your teammate might also recognize them from the minimap terrain once clued to the general direction, though I've no real idea about that part.
Yeah I knew about some of them, but was really surprised to see them tag its exact location from across the map. I suppose they must have indeed done so based on the map's terrain. We were on a planet wit lots of trees so no way they just saw it out in the distance.

Pepsimaaan

Oct 20, 2023
Just CTD'd after doing a full mission on Impossible difficulty as the dropship was departing with everyone on board.

FMD they seriously need to fix some of this shit up.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What are the new weapons?
From yesterday's leak:
  • Arc-12 Blitzer, shotgun. Shoots a wide burst of high-voltage electricity with arcs between all units
  • SG-8P Punisher Plasma, shotgun. Modified version of the SG-8P Punisher but shoots plasma rounds
  • R-36 Eruptor, explosive marksman rifle. Fires jet assisted shells which explode shrapnel upon impact. Not recommended for close quarters fighting so you could probably kill yourself with it if you don't watch out
  • CB-9 Exploding Crossbow. Fires explosive bolts which do a ton of damage
  • B-1 Supply Pack, carries not 4 but 6 supply packs, but seemingly only replenishes ammunition for weapons, not grenades and stims
  • BX-7 Displacer Pack, teleports you moments before you would have taken a lethal hit (this wasn't textured at all so might still be very far off or never release)
Edit: the new Warbond also includes the LAS-16 Sickle, in the first game this was a burst fire laser weapon. The CB-9 Explosive Crossbow is the final unlock of the new Warbond, and that new Warbond also has a new pistol.

Last edited:

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
From yesterday's leak:
  • Arc-12 Blitzer, shotgun. Shoots a wide burst of high-voltage electricity with arcs between all units
  • SG-8P Punisher Plasma, shotgun. Modified version of the SG-8P Punisher but shoots plasma rounds
  • R-36 Eruptor, explosive marksman rifle. Fires jet assisted shells which explode shrapnel upon impact. Not recommended for close quarters fighting so you could probably kill yourself with it if you don't watch out
  • B-1 Supply Pack, carries not 4 but 6 supply packs, but seemingly only replenishes ammunition for weapons, not grenades and stims
  • BX-7 Displacer Pack, teleports you moments before you would have taken a lethal hit (this wasn't textured at all so might still be very far off or never release)

Sounds fantastic!

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
From yesterday's leak:

Sounds cool.

*Everyone still only picking the Warbond Shotgun*

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Who is using the Dice to roll out the cosmetic prices? WTF. I thought the last days all had kinda the same price range and they were nice, but this here is wildly random.

phXpAv.png