• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Like some of you, I grew up on the many faces of the Disney Anthology series. Whether it was repeats of "Walt Disney Presents: Disneyland" or the Walt Disney Sunday night movies. I miss being welcomed into the world of Disney. My Disney. Not with a Norse hammer or a Iron Man photon beam. Not with the pew pew of a Star Wars blaster.....just a Michael Eisner "Hello"

when Iger is gone, i hope the new head of Disney can just say hello to the audience and introduce a movie or special.

yes i know Eisner was not perfect, when i grew up i was saddened to read he was kind of a jerk, but I miss the more personable Disney.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
giphy.gif

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CEO's are not supposed to be your friend.

Michael Eisner was a complete disaster and a horrible CEO so I am not sure your example helps lol.

Oct 25, 2017
My name is Perfect Walt, and I'd like to say...

Hello.

also, friendly CEO faces? in 2019???? WHAT YEAR DO YOU LIVE IN? (and how do I get there)
yes I know you meant well, but that time has kinda passed now into CONSUME PRODUCT! OBEY! -stage capitalism or whatever.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So... you just want a CEO who will say "hello"?

Where do I sign up? I'd love to get paid millions to run Disney and just say hello all day like a Wal*Mart greeter.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CEO's are not supposed to be your friend.

Michael Eisner was a complete disaster and a horrible CEO so I am not sure your example helps lol.
the whole reason Eisner was the face of the company was because of his bizarre pathological need to be seen as an equal to Disney himself, to the point where he'd tell people these weird self-insert stories about himself and the Disney family/company that were just flat out made up lol

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes let's ignore Iger's monumental achievements as CEO so we can have a friendly face even though none of the CEOs have never been that friendly.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Who gives a shit? Iger is so much better at running the company than Eisner ever was it's mind-boggling. A top level exec who is both a smart businessman and a good on-camera personality like Walt or Iwata is rarer than a unicorn. They're once-in-a-generation phenomena.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the whole reason Eisner was the face of the company was because of his bizarre pathological need to be seen as an equal to Disney himself, to the point where he'd tell people these weird self-insert stories about himself and the Disney family/company that were just flat out made up lol
Exactly. The reason the OP has nostalgia for Eisner was because Eisner was a crazy egomaniac lol.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It has to happen naturally, like Walt or Iwata, it shouldn't be forced.

I've never liked Eisner as a face for the company and felt that they would have been better off with a spokesperson who wasn't connected to the business itself. It also ensures that some controversial thing they say or policy they enact will likely be memed upon until the end of time through the lens of their public appearances, which is likely to backfire and thus isn't something the company is likely to do unless they really trust them. I much prefer the way Disney is handling their Marvel/Lucasfilm leads, who show up a lot, but only in places that make sense and are closely related to their specific focus at the company

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want somebody I personally know to be the face of Disney, so I can speak with authority when I complain about them.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Iger is a cold impersonable dick. I worked for him he's brilliant but aloof.

I totally got that listening to him reading the introduction to his own memoir. Not necessarily that he is a dick because he really tried to paint himself as a caring CEO in both aftermaths of the Pulse shooting and the kid being killed by the alligator at WDW, but that he is very aloof and not really personable outside of those two incidents.

Oct 30, 2017
At this point with Disney's CG face tech, they could just revive Walt himself! Let's see them try to make money out of their own dead guy.

Oct 29, 2017
Lasseter was totally on track until he was found out, probably the one chance for an animator to be head of Disney, now it may be Fiege or someone from the live action divisions.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Having a CEO say hello to me before watching some cartoons on Saturday is not something that I really prioritize. I prefer Iger's approach, making Disney a great content producer, doing some awkward interviews here and there where he says something dumb and it gets tweeted about for a month, and then just staying out of the spotlight for the rest of the time.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
It's hilarious this thread is perfect for this forum. The absolute allegiance and loyalty to Disney here is next level. Who the hell gives a shit who the CEO is next?

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll do it. I'll let all them Disney characters say the word 'Shite' in media as well as 'bollocks', 'jism' and 'sodomy'. I'll have nude parades in Disneyland and instead of fireworks all the characters would fuck each other and selected guests in a big, spectacular orgy by way of a finale. I'll re-release Song of The South but only on Betamax tape and then sell Betamax players at $1000 a pop. I'll sell children specially coloured Wacky Crack for fun and profit. I'll replace Mickey as the corporate icon with Hong Kong Fooey. I'll make it permissible in Disneyland to stab Goofy between the hours of 1500 and 1600, if you can catch him, it'd be like a game and the prize would be that you got to legally stab Goofy and if he dies, he dies. I'd be a perfect replacement for Walt Disney himself let alone Iger. Disney might finally be popular and profitable again.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Isn't it rumored that James Murdoch would get the iron throne when Iger is gone? But his father forced Iger to stay on a few years because James and Rupert hate each other?

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
The parks are too crowded these days, so I'm down for some Eisner resurgance.

Also bring back DCA 1.0 you cowards! Or at least Muppet Vision.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
I've never experienced contact to one of Disneys CEOs, be it in media or otherwise. Is this an US only thing?

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I've never experienced contact to one of Disneys CEOs, be it in media or otherwise. Is this an US only thing?
Nah, probably an age thing (this isn't meant as an insult btw). Walt used to host like every kind of Disney special you can think of. Eisner as stated already was a fucking crazy fuck who wanted to emulate Disney as much as possible so he tried to do it too. If you never watched any of the older Disney stuff it's not surprising you wouldn't have seen it, unless they inexplicably edited Walt out of the specials when they aired in your country. I was born in 84 and remember seeing them on the Disney Channel when growing up. Back when they had those crazy live action bumpers with the Mickey Mouse hands.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
this is so bizarre to me.. who cares? its a corporation... they can act however they want, they obviously aren't anyones friends.

Last edited:

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, probably an age thing (this isn't meant as an insult btw). Walt used to host like every kind of Disney special you can think of. Eisner as stated already was a fucking crazy fuck who wanted to emulate Disney as much as possible so he tried to do it too. If you never watched any of the older Disney stuff it's not surprising you wouldn't have seen it, unless they inexplicably edited Walt out of the specials when they aired in your country. I was born in 84 and remember seeing them on the Disney Channel when growing up. Back when they had those crazy live action bumpers with the Mickey Mouse hands.

Hmm, could be a country thing though, i'm not much younger (born in 88) and watched everything Disney religiiously, even very old stuff. In the pre-2000 era Disney was kind of a heavliy localized production aside from cartoons and movies. We had our own produced shows that tied-in the regular Sunday Disney movies, own Disney Club kids show on TV (no Disney channel until about mid 2000s) etc. etc.

I think the "Disney Sunday Movie" on ABC corresponds to our "Disney Filmparade", which was produced with a regular German host.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Eisner was probably the perfect person for Disney. A nice guy in the exterior, rotten to the core on the inside. Perfect for Disney.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree it would be nice. Eisner was not a great CEO but I really appreciated that he kept that spirit of Walt's presentation alive. And I definitely agree with the people echoing the sentiments about Nintendo and Iwata/Reggie. It very much is in the same vein.

My vote would actually be Josh D'amaro. He's a rising star in Disney's parks division. Did such a good job as president of Disneyland that they have transferred him over to Disney World now. He's also a true blue nice guy through and through who really cares about the parks (something I really think Iger doesn't, which has been a big detriment imo). It all depends on when Iger actually retires of course (he has been saying he's going to retire in a couple of years basically since he started). D'amaro is not going to be in a position to be promoted into that job in 2 years. But maybe in another decade, I think he'd be a strong contender.

Feige seems like an obvious option but I'm honestly not sure he'd want the job since he likes to be hands on with the movies. More likely he'd succeed Alan Horn's position.

An outsider like James Murdoch would be awful, and I hope that doesn't happen.