• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
These End of the World fights are a slog. I beat some volcano demon and now am stuck in a seemingly endless spawning room. I am going to pay more attention to that symbol and see if the last piece falls off before the enemies stop appearing.

Edit: done. It's tough being surrounded by enemies who can take out half of your health if you run out of the protect spell (just realized what that spell was not too long ago, oops) and your teammates spend most of their time knocked out.

Now at a save point called "Final Rest." Maybe I can finish this tonight - I thought the game was going to end in Hollow Bastion and was planning on finishing KH this morning then watching COM! That didn't happen.

Last edited:

Shempts

Apr 29, 2018
I started the same thing, but last month! I'm currently on Birth By Sleep and have a question about unlocking the secret ending.

I tried looking it up but got confused. I finished Terra's and Ventus's story in Proud mode and will start Aqua's this week. Apparently, there's also a secret episode in addition to the secret ending? I saw people say to get all of Xehanort's reports or get all the stamps, but I'm not sure which unlocks what. Also, I didn't get a report while playing as Terra, so will it still work if I just load up a save and get it from there?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I started the same thing, but last month! I'm currently on Birth By Sleep and have a question about unlocking the secret ending.

I tried looking it up but got confused. I finished Terra's and Ventus's story in Proud mode and will start Aqua's this week. Apparently, there's also a secret episode in addition to the secret ending? I saw people say to get all of Xehanort's reports or get all the stamps, but I'm not sure which unlocks what. Also, I didn't get a report while playing as Terra, so will it still work if I just load up a save and get it from there?

It confused me too at first.

Final Episode is unlocked by obtaining all of the Xehanort reports and beating all three main campaigns. If you missed any of the reports (like #5 in the Mirage Arena in Terra's story), all you have to do is load that save and it will be added to the overall tally as soon as you obtain it.

A Fragmentary Passage (or Secret Episode) is a fourth playable campaign (basically the equivalent to a single world in the main game) and is unlocked after you watch Final Episode and collect all the stickers across the 3 campaigns.

Last edited:

Shempts

Apr 29, 2018
It confused me too at first.

Final Episode is a series of cutscenes and is unlocked by obtaining all of the Xehanort reports and beating all three main campaigns. If you missed any of the reports (like #5 in the Mirage Arena in Terra's story), all you have to do is load that save and it will be added to the overall tally as soon as you obtain it.

A Fragmentary Passage (or Secret Episode) is a fourth playable campaign (basically the equivalent to a single world in the main game) and is unlocked after you watch Final Episode and collect all the stickers across the 3 campaigns.

Thanks, this helps a lot!

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Alright, I have been playing games for about thirty years and rarely give up on a game. I have platinumed Bloodborne, beat Demon's Souls, and used to play most games on high difficulty levels. I decided to watch a Let's Play of the second Ansem fight, the final boss, and the ending, and I don't feel like I missed out on anything. The combat isn't rewarding enough to make grinding fun, and I am looking forward to just moving on. I have limited free time, let alone for gaming, and going through the whole series is a big enough commitment as is.

Interestingly enough, I always thought the Deep Dive clip was an E3 trailer for KH2. I saw it online closer to when it first came out and that's what put the series on my radar. Now that I am familiar with the story it's a little more interesting.

On to COM, via YouTube, then KH2, Days, ? Coded, BBS, DDD, the summary of the mobile game, 0.2 or whatever it's called, and finally KH3.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Alright, I have been playing games for about thirty years and rarely give up on a game. I have platinumed Bloodborne, beat Demon's Souls, and used to play most games on high difficulty levels. I decided to watch a Let's Play of the second Ansem fight, the final boss, and the ending, and I don't feel like I missed out on anything. The combat isn't rewarding enough to make grinding fun, and I am looking forward to just moving on. I have limited free time, let alone for gaming, and going through the whole series is a big enough commitment as is.

Interestingly enough, I always thought the Deep Dive clip was an E3 trailer for KH2. I saw it online closer to when it first came out and that's what put the series on my radar. Now that I am familiar with the story it's a little more interesting.

On to COM, via YouTube, then KH2, Days, ? Coded, BBS, DDD, the summary of the mobile game, 0.2 or whatever it's called, and finally KH3.
You can ignore Coded since it adds literally nothing.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm also trying to play every game before I get into KH3. Currently in the last world in KH2 so will be done soon. Not aiming to do all the side quests since that will takr too long. Probably will return to the games when I'm done.

Planning to go to BBS next. I might skip DDD and watch cutscenes instead as I don't want to get burnt out for KH3.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I really miss those boss gauntlet-like dungeons in older Square Enix games. I hated them back then but now that they are gone, I miss them

PowerBar

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Doing the same thing. Beat KH1 about 1,5 week ago. I'm now 12 hours into re:CoM.
So far I'm liking the card based battlesystem. I'd recommend looking up some playerbased tutorials to understand how the system works, since the game doesnt do a very good job explaining all.
As with kh1, com has some rage inducing bosses. But as long as you keep dodging attacks and try to break the boss cards you'll do fine and it's not that hard.
The story of com up until where i am is basically a recap of 1. Currently at Atlantis and luckily there are no swimming mechanics.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'm also playing through 1.5 right now and this Wonderland boss just keeps beating me it's ridiculous.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I was also very close to doing this, that Laser spam is some of the worst boss design I've ever encountered, I must've got lucky to hit the last combo on him, after that, the fight is really easy

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit what is up with the Depts of Hollow Bastian in KH2.

It has these fucking cartoons and cannons stun locking me to death and everything suddenly does massive amount of damage. I can't do anything agaist them, even donald and goofy get wrecked in seconds.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit what is up with the Depts of Hollow Bastian in KH2.

It has these fucking cartoons and cannons stun locking me to death and everything suddenly does massive amount of damage. I can't do anything agaist them, even donald and goofy get wrecked in seconds.

The Cavern of Remembrance? That's a postgame dungeon, although you can access the first part of it as soon as you reach the second part of Hollow Bastion.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Almost everyone agrees on 2 before Days, it's just that 358 was included in the first collection because they're made up of 2 games and 1 movie.

Ah okay I understand now how it came to be and it makes sense for the collections I suppose but yeah then 358 after 2 for me too! I finally beat Ansem Rikku last night so I'm soon done with KH1!

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I honestly don't know why the game decided to screw me at every encounter now, multiple groups of top spinners, and other husks that just keep chasing you and stun luck you and for some reason do more damage than normal. I'm at beasts castle now and even he and Goofy/Donald gets smoked in seconds, including me, enemies take ages to kill too.

Then that boss in the court yard that also doesn't give me any breathing room to get close to him or heal, he relentlessly stun locks me and in 4-5 hits I'm dead, I call in Mickey and he gets absolutely destroyed. This repeats until I'm game over. The combat went from fun to I want to throw my controller out the window in one world. :(

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I really don't remember KH1's camera being this bad, even set to manual. I think they must have missed something up when they changed the camera control to the right joystick for the 1.5 version. Funny enough the camera is drastically better in Atlantica than anywhere else in the game.

Deleted member 3862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was doing this for a while. Re: CoM nearly killed me. I just finished Reverse/Rebirth last week actually. I needed a break after that before I can even think about jumping into KH2.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
Well finally beat Riku 2. I went back to the colosseum and beat the Hercules cup. The keyblade from doing that helped a ton. Then ran through Chernabog without too much trouble after I found out you could use a summon by landing on his arms/the volcano. Now I'm in the gauntlet corridor and getting my ass kicked. I am seriously considering playing the rest of the games on easy. I came here for Disney worlds and to see this crazy story that everyone talks about, I didn't come for Dark Souls.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well finally beat Riku 2. I went back to the colosseum and beat the Hercules cup. The keyblade from doing that helped a ton. Then ran through Chernabog without too much trouble after I found out you could use a summon by landing on his arms/the volcano. Now I'm in the gauntlet corridor and getting my ass kicked. I am seriously considering playing the rest of the games on easy. I came here for Disney worlds and to see this crazy story that everyone talks about, I didn't come for Dark Souls.

For what it's worth, 2 improves everything and is easier

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

As far as I know you can't change the difficulty once set.

Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Just finished KH1 as well (not going to read Kinsei's post above trying to stay completely blind on this run through, that first sentence really seems spoiler-ish).

The 2nd form of
Ansem
was the worst for me. The fact that you have to beat a boss (no matter how easy) and then immediately fight one of the hardest fights in the game without a continue checkpoint was maddening!!

So rewarding when I finally pulled it off though.

I really enjoyed the game, I haven't marathoned a game like that in ages. The charm of the Disney series' was a huge part of why I wanted to keep pushing through. I've heard there is some cool stuff (extra bosses) that I didn't hit, not sure if that is worth going back to see or if I should just move on to RE:COM.

Took me about 24 hours total to make it through the game. The entire run is up on my Twitch channel as well. Probably will stream the beginning of Chain of Memories tonight!

(https://www.twitch.tv/aardvarkbarber)

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I've heard there is some cool stuff (extra bosses) that I didn't hit, not sure if that is worth going back to see or if I should just move on to RE:COM.
The secret bosses are all easy to trigger, it's just going back to areas and picking conspicuous new options from NPCs. If you want to do just one, the best one is by going back to the coliseum and picking Platinum Match.

OP
OP
Kaitos

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
This was the hardest part of the game for me. I left and grinded to level 54 and beat them.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I just bought the Remix collection for the PS4, even though I don't have much time to play long jRPGs these days. By the time I finish everything, KH3 will probably be out on PC.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Man, a lot of people starting their series replays really late, started mine back in like June last year and wrapped up getting all the platinums recently. Anyways, have fun getting through the games, you're in for one hell of a ride!

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
i played KH1 recently and its a fun game, i liked it much more than 2 wich i found irritating, tried replaying 2 too but couldn't stand the first world.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Doing the same thing. Beat KH1 about 1,5 week ago. I'm now 12 hours into re:CoM.
So far I'm liking the card based battlesystem. I'd recommend looking up some playerbased tutorials to understand how the system works, since the game doesnt do a very good job explaining all.
As with kh1, com has some rage inducing bosses. But as long as you keep dodging attacks and try to break the boss cards you'll do fine and it's not that hard.
The story of com up until where i am is basically a recap of 1. Currently at Atlantis and luckily there are no swimming mechanics.

You can skip every cutscene that it's not inside Castle Oblivion/Destiny Islands/TT and lose nothing

OP
OP
Kaitos

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
The Sonic Blade sleight makes the Riku fights super easy in re:CoM

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I have both of the HD re-releases, but still haven't actually played or finished either of them... Not sure if I ever will. I suspect if I ever get KH3, I'll just watch the official story recap videos and be good.

That said, Godspeed OP!

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I did KH1FM last year in a weekend, KH2 took me a little longer and I only got finished last week.

I was going to try BBS/DDD but I got bored. Want the new game sheen.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time to boot up KH1 for the seventh time.

It took me three minutes to work up the nerve to pick Sword instead of Staff for once.

Last edited:

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Looks like I will finish the COM movie tonight.

I may just play KH2 on easy to avoid burning out.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
The Sonic Blade sleight makes the Riku fights super easy in re:CoM

It's really effective for most of the humanoid boss fights in there. Be ready for a pretty massive difficulty spike at the very end, though. I guess I was just way under leveled because of how well sonic blade had been working for me, but I went to go grind for a bit and still didn't beat it. Moved on for now, but I'm grinding a few levels here and there.

OP
OP
Kaitos

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
It's really effective for most of the humanoid boss fights in there. Be ready for a pretty massive difficulty spike at the very end, though. I guess I was just way under leveled because of how well sonic blade had been working for me, but I went to go grind for a bit and still didn't beat it. Moved on for now, but I'm grinding a few levels here and there.
What level were you near the end?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I guess I'll jump in on this thread, too. I played through everything up until the KH2 and am currently going through BbS.

I have to say, this game is fine and all but the combat system is not really grabbing me. Extremely simplistic in comparison to KH2, and I also hate how I'm getting hit out of all of my attacks by non-flinching enemies.

I finished up Terra's story and am in the middle of Ventus's. I'm just about to reach
Radiant Garden
for the first time with him and the boss fight I just did beforehand was waaaaaay harder than any boss I fought in Terra's story for some reason. He was able to kill me at like 75% health! I thought Terra was supposed to be the worst character to play as lol. Maybe Ventus just has some really poor access to commands at this point in the game or something (I guess it also doesn't help that all of my more advanced commands are only really useful for standard enemies). I hope that gets better soon since I'm about to reach his midpoint in his story.