• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Why not just take a break in between games? That way by the time you get around to 3, it will have been patched and there might even be dlc! (plus, it'll be cheaper by then too! :D)
I got the complete bundle for $100, so I already have KH3.

COM was quite the departure from the first story. Still not sure who Roxas, DiZ, or the organization was, but I figure it will get explained at some point.

capybara-dive

Nov 1, 2017
I did this recently! I actually made it through all of them in probably 120 hours? So it wasn't TOO crazy. The ones that were the biggest slog for me were oddly enough 1, because it doesn't tell you where to go at all, and 2, because it seemed every other room was a lengthy cutscenes.

My favorites were COM (the story was awesome!) And BBS (best gameplay imo) DDD was just ok, the worlds we're pretty lackluster so I just blazed through it on easy (except Fantasia, that shit was cool)

And now I'm playing 3 and it is ridiculously awesome!

OP
OP
Kaitos

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Vexen and just got to Twilight Town. About how much longer is CoM? I feel like I'm getting close to an end, though I know there's an entire Riku section.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Vexen and just got to Twilight Town. About how much longer is CoM? I feel like I'm getting close to an end, though I know there's an entire Riku section.

There are 2 more floors/worlds after Twilight Town. Reverse/Rebirth is about 1/3 - 1/2 as long as Sora's mode.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I did this recently! I actually made it through all of them in probably 120 hours? So it wasn't TOO crazy. The ones that were the biggest slog for me were oddly enough 1, because it doesn't tell you where to go at all, and 2, because it seemed every other room was a lengthy cutscenes.

My favorites were COM (the story was awesome!) And BBS (best gameplay imo) DDD was just ok, the worlds we're pretty lackluster so I just blazed through it on easy (except Fantasia, that shit was cool)

And now I'm playing 3 and it is ridiculously awesome!

Yea, they're not too long, I'm currently on kh2 doing a world a night when I get home from work, about 2-3 hours each at a guess, though I have taken breaks to finish re2 and more destiny as well

Deleted member 3862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Attempted the final boss fight for the first time at level 48 or something like that. Then when I googled for tips I saw a lot of people saying they were closer to level 60. Oops?

I finished the game at level 44 and I beat Marluxia with a deck composed of only fire and blizzard cards.

It took me nine hours and I hated myself the whole time but I'm incredibly stubborn and refused to go grind.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
16 hours in to Kingdom hearts 2 and Sora's still on this:

Y6nCy2I.png

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
This is ruined by misspelling Riku's name lol. Rikku is a totally separate character.

By the way, what is the source of this image? I see it memed all the time but I don't recognize where it's from.

Oh damn lol, that's my typo then, now I have to correct it. The image is from the show The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird.

Oct 26, 2017
So I straight up gave up on the KH franchise because of the Tarzan level of the first game, this thread appears to point to that being one of the lowest points of the franchise. I own 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 but haven't started because I dread going back through the first game, so is there a great way to get caught up on everything before playing KH2?

Deleted member 3862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting KH2 and I have to earn thousands of munny from doing jobs that pay 10 to 50 at a time. This is outrageous.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting KH2 and I have to earn thousands of munny from doing jobs that pay 10 to 50 at a time. This is outrageous.
You don't have to. Just return to the station and you'll be able to progress the story regardless of how much munny you collect. Of course you do get bonueses based on how much you get (up to 2000 IIRC).

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017

You only need 1200 to get the +2 ap bonus. You only need to get a few hundred iirc. If that

Edit: I stand corrected. You don't have to do anything. But you know, it would be nice if you could get the gang that watermelon

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I finished the game at level 44 and I beat Marluxia with a deck composed of only fire and blizzard cards.

It took me nine hours and I hated myself the whole time but I'm incredibly stubborn and refused to go grind.

This sounds horrifically painful.

Go to the other bulletin board and there's a job that'll give you 100 at a time.

But like others have said, you don't actually have to do anything. The game will let you progress without it.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
So I straight up gave up on the KH franchise because of the Tarzan level of the first game, this thread appears to point to that being one of the lowest points of the franchise. I own 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 but haven't started because I dread going back through the first game, so is there a great way to get caught up on everything before playing KH2?
Aside from watching youtube videos if you want I could just tell you what happened in KH1 and the other game. Won't be long you'll just get the context you need in order to play LH2.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Doing the same.

Man I do not remember chain of memories sora story being such a slog.(i played on gba) Over 20 hours. Bosses are so cheap, so I did the sonic blade cheap tactic to finish, eff it.

Riku story is breath of fresh air so far, feels so much quicker.

Deleted member 39903

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
3 worlds into Re:CoM and I am stuck on a boss (Hades) and fed up with this battle system - particularly not being able to heal myself because the enemy can block it. What kind of sadist came up with this? And I'm playing on easy mode, for all the good that's done me. I wish they had done a proper port of 358/2 and made this one cutscenes only.

Can someone recommend the best YouTube video to watch instead of playing Re:CoM? I took a look but there are handful of them ranging in length from 20 minutes to 5 and a half hours and I can't tell which one is ideal. I don't mind missing the Disney parts because they seem to matter not at all to the story.

Edit: In case this helps someone else, here are the ones I settled on. They skip all the unnecessary Disney stuff, while keeping the between floor stuff + Twilight Town, Destiny Islands, etc.
Sora: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kUgv4KOn4o
Riku: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaqIG6mB9ZU

Edit 2: It was no fun to experience it this way. I shouldn't have bothered.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kaitos

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Level 43 and I beat the second Vexen fight in CoM and I'm on to what I believe is the last level.

That battle was horrifying. This entire battle system is bonkers.

But the story is getting VERY interesting.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like I'm missing something or doing something wrong with the moogle synthesis in KH2 , I pretty much fight every mob I come across but I seem to never have the materials to make something worthwhile from recipes or free development, or have to make anything at all. I only have some low armor on and things start to really destroy me.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Level 43 and I beat the second Vexen fight in CoM and I'm on to what I believe is the last level.

COME TO ME ICE BLADE!

God, that battle was annoying. Vexen in general almost made me quit the game. I just freaking spammed sleighs until I got lucky, lol.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

Sonic Blade became my BFF by the time I was done with Re:Com.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Also, it bugged me how familiar Vexen's voice was until I watched Digimon one day, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Doing the same.

Man I do not remember chain of memories sora story being such a slog.(i played on gba) Over 20 hours. Bosses are so cheap, so I did the sonic blade cheap tactic to finish, eff it.

Riku story is breath of fresh air so far, feels so much quicker.
I hated Rikus story. No deck customization and extremely button mashy. It felt like your level mattered more which sucks because you have to grind if you're not strong enough.

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing as I have 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 I've ultimately decided to play through everything from the beginning too. Not too far yet into KH1 (just through Wonderland) but I'm hoping I don't regret playing through on Normal.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
RE:CoM players who are having trouble on human bosses: after awhile Sonic Blade doesn't pull off as much damage so try Lethal Frame Sleight. It's a Slow card and any 2 attack cards. It's even better than Sonic Blade :)

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

COM has one of the coolest stories and you'll be glad you played it come II and III

To this day. I have no idea how people claim they were able to understand the beginning of II without ever playing COM

Last edited:

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the 1.5 and 2.5 collections to do this and played a few hours of KH1 and gave up on the whole plan lol.

That first game is roughhhhhhh.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
In the same boat Op. I remember renting the first KH when i was much younger. I remember putting around the same amount of time into it (like 10-12hrs) but never got around to revisiting it. I pretty much have the whole essential collection now at least so going to give it a go sometime soon as well and then finally see what all this 3 hype is about.

OP
OP
Kaitos

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I mean honestly how did Nomura think it was a good idea to put a MUST PLAY story for a sequel to one of SE's biggest games as a Game Boy Advance exclusive lol

COME TO ME ICE BLADE!

God, that battle was annoying. Vexen in general almost made me quit the game. I just freaking spammed sleighs until I got lucky, lol.
Yeah I just did Sonic Blade until he died -- Hi Potion -- Sonic Blade -- Hi Potion -- PRAY THAT MY CURAGA DOESN'T GET ZERO'D -- Sonic Blade.

The third Riku fight was SO easy afterward.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I mean honestly how did Nomura think it was a good idea to put a MUST PLAY story for a sequel to one of SE's biggest games as a Game Boy Advance exclusive lol

Yeah I just did Sonic Blade until he died -- Hi Potion -- Sonic Blade -- Hi Potion -- PRAY THAT MY CURAGA DOESN'T GET ZERO'D -- Sonic Blade.

The third Riku fight was SO easy afterward.

I believe at the time he thought KH2 on console was not going to happen

Could be wrong though

OP
OP
Kaitos

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
How easy is the Riku section of re:CoM? Gotta admit, I'm getting a bit burned out.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
It could be harder or easier, depending on how responsive you are to his deck, which can't be manually altered (it does change from world to world though). If you were cheesing the game with powerful sleights as Sora then you might find Riku's mode more difficult.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
The Riku side is a lot easier than Sora's imo. The real negative though is that you can't enhance your deck in anyway.

But when in doubt, duel it out and just mash x to win...

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Com/ReCom is a top 3 KH game from both a story and gameplay perspective.

Nov 5, 2017
How easy is the Riku section of re:CoM? Gotta admit, I'm getting a bit burned out.

The Riku section will finish you off. It's about half the length of Sora's game (and one less floor), but feels longer at times due to the locked deck which makes a couple of floors a complete slog. Riku at least doesn't have any cutscenes in the Disney worlds though, so there's that.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
KH1/2 were great experiences at the time but they have not aged well at all in terms of gameplay

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
COM is a really good story and a good GBA game. but having 2 campaigns its a bit of an overkill for a gameplay that simple and repetitive

That said, Riku COM is the beginning of his redemption arc, and it has one of my favorite moments in the franchise

com-2015-12-28-13h11m49s206.png

OP, take a break from COM for a day or 2 or play Riku's side on beginner mode to breeze through it, the story is the where COM shines. And it's probably one of the best in the franchise.

OP
OP
Kaitos

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Made it to Marluxia — any tips? Sonic Blade is okay but not terribly effective and I only have two Stop cards for that sleight people love.