• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
So a little background. Purchased an Xbox One X last year at launch and I love the damn thing, dearly. That being said, I noticed something off about it as time went on…

It eventually went from being almost dead silent - except to "vent" hot air every now and then with 4k content – to where now the fan is almost constantly at full RPMs with 4k content like Rise of the Tomb Raider, Battlefield 1, Gears 4, etc.

Now I've already sent it in once to MS, free of charge/shipping, and they couldn't find anything wrong it according to the invoice when I got it back. They checked it and just reset it back to factory settings. Oddly enough, it WAS quiet for a little while after this, which made me think the fan control was perhaps software related? Anyway, the system is now back to making the same amount of noise!

My new PS4 Pro CUH-7216B is literally quieter than it, even when running something like Black Ops 4 or God of War

So yeah, any other owners who've had the system for the little while, start to experience this?

And yes, i regularly dust my consoles as well as apply some compressed air

Status
Not open for further replies.