• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Open world fine details:
70z3MM3.png

E8rImWS.png

MauUxby.jpg
Z0M7eot.png
gestault_forzahorizon49c2j.png
43075788790_eea0c4c582_o.png
10-6-2018_4-07-36_pmr6fq6.png

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's looks good, but its only 30FPS, for a racer way to low. It's a beautiful tech demo.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
It isn't. For all the effects it's able to display it also has sub-par IQ (blurriness, grainy filtering, etc).

It's also 30 fps with a lot of post processing it actually gave me headaches.

Forza 7 is immensively superior since 2017.

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't even come close to Forza Horizon 4 in 4k/hdr.

Forza Horizon 4 is the 2nd best looking game of this gen after RDR2.

Gran Turismo Sport has nice lighting and car models but those PS2 backgrounds (Colorado springs track) and 2D trees just don't do it.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
30 fps + poor IQ + a ton of shit going on made this game kinda ass to play though. I could never judge corners properly and ended up having to play on easier difficulties.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
DC is my absolute favorite racing game of the generation, maybe game of the gen period. The FH4 demo at 1440 looks better. At 4K it's nuts but my PC can't handle 4K and 60fps so I bump it down.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I would say other devs have put together more consistent-looking games with generally higher-highs, but nobody has really matched Driveclub's water and rain effects.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can yall imagine drive club BC on ps5? Maybe 60fps or 4k upscaling?

I guess thats not even possible with a patch though due to the dev team... :`(

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
The weather and lightning is amazing of DC. It can look very realistic at times.
Sense of speed is also great for a 30FPS title. It was my favorite game of this generation for a long time but the overall package of Horizon 4 is better. Also the 60FPS option on Xbox X is what keeps me coming back.

I hope the horizon series are going for a more realistic look on the next generation of consoles. Graphics, lightning and weathersystem from DC in combination with the open world and driving physics from the Horizon series would be Ideal.

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
Both Horizons?
ANyway. Just in case you forgot what driveclub actually looks like:
driveclub_20151108014wfjsj.png
Please stop posting this "cherry picked" screenshot, the game looks nothing like that, and I've platinumed it plus all its expansions.
I have put hundreds of hours in Horizon 3 and 4 on PC with mostly ultra settings, and whilst the Horizon is cleaner looking, it lacks the atmosphere and weather effects of DC.

And I'm going to get a lot of shit for this from the "omg racing games should be 60fps+ crowd", but I've played A LOT of racing games in my life, and DC is one of my top games when it comes to sense of speed.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Certain lighting conditions can make the game look really dull and exacerbate the IQ issues even more.

The game just desperately needs a Pro patch. Firing it up on a 65inch 4K TV really does make the game look very mediocre. It's just a really soft looking game even on a 1080p screen. I remember they did improve the AA in the game in some later patches though.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
At it's most dramatic, Driveclub is still unbeatable. Most of the time, though, it very much looks it's age. FH4 and GT Sport look noticeably better.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, Driveclub got DESTROYED in this debate.
"debate" LOL

The only time I was ever impressed with DCs visuals was during heavy weather. The weather effects are great but everything else is pretty average. And now that im no longer on a little 32inch 1080p monitor and gaming on a big 4K TV, the jaggies are way more pronounced.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
As so many others have said, gifs can make pretty much any game look great.

DC can both look as good as any other racing game, but also it can look like the worst thing ever on some circuits. It's far too inconsistent to call it the best looking game overall. There's also the fact that they didn't improve it for the PS4 Pro, so the IQ will suffer even more at 1080p.
In my opinion, FH4 is the current king when it comes to graphics in a racing game, they really improved the lighting compared to the previous games.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Forza looks beautiful but Driveclub still looks most photorealistic. Now if only Sony stopped being fucking stupid and released a Pro patch for higher framerate and resolution.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The weather and lightning is amazing of DC. It can look very realistic at times.
Sense of speed is also great for a 30FPS title. It was my favorite game of this generation for a long time but the overall package of Horizon 4 is better. Also the 60FPS option on Xbox X is what keeps me coming back.

I hope the horizon series are going for a more realistic look on the next generation of consoles. Graphics, lightning and weathersystem from DC in combination with the open world and driving physics from the Horizon series would be Ideal.

The current art style colour palette Horizon uses is fine and half the appeal of that game. The skyboxes look ridiculously good with the pastel colours, especially in winter conditions. They definitely need to upgrade the weather effects in that game, the rain in Horizon 4 looks pathetic compared to DriveClub.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a way more accurate representation of how driveclub actually looks when you play it.

No, that is utter bullshit.

Here is accurate representation of how Driveclub looks when I myself played it and recorded the videos.

Those gifs are accurate. Sure, AA could be better, but the aliasing is mostly visible when stationary. When driving, TAA is applied that makes the IQ look good enough.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Every time. I don't think I've ever seen a game not have a problem like this.

axGrgaY.jpg

It's all high poly geometry, ultra realistic materials and then some low res piece of shit lazy ass environment texturing just screams "I'M A VIDEO GAME AND NOW YOU KNOW IT!"

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me the combination of lightning, track detail and weather effects is unparallaled this gen in racing games. Other games might be better technically, but DriveClub wins on the overall for me.