• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
resetera, help me identify this movie or television show before I lose my mind. i have only the scantest details about a tiny moment, so i would understand if nobody can help.

to cut right to the chase: in the scene, two people are having a conversation, in which one person is describing something to the other. in response, the listener jokingly pretends to take a puff off a joint, hand it to the other person, and says either "good shit," or "good shit, man." this is played as a playful aside in an otherwise fairly serious scene.

i seem to recall whatever the speaker was saying to this listener to be bizarre or unbelievable in some way, hence the listener's reaction (i.e., "he must be pretty fucked up right now to come up with this"). at the same time, though, i don't remember the listener being unbelieving of what was being said. i cannot remember if this was a supernatural conversation, or a conversation about a conspiracy, or something else somewhat unbelievable. the character who is speaking about whatever is being discussed is a more important character than the listener; the listener has a smaller part and in my mind anyway seems to have some kind of techy role.

i'll be happy to answer any more questions i can with identify information. my wife and i sat for twenty minutes last night googling trying to figure out what this was in. yes, i understand this is a small moment and hardly worth mentioning, but whatever it was in, at the time it was unexpected and delightful enough that i've referenced it a few times, and i want to know what the hell i'm referencing.

i tried to find a "help me identify this movie/tv show/thing" thread but could not dig one up. if it exists, merge. if it does not exist, feel free to let this serve as the repository for such mind-boggling questions.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Wire season 3.

Trying to find the scene on YouTube now, it's a scene between Major Colvin and his second in command as they are trying to find a good location for Hamsterdam.

Here's the scene, at 7:00.

Last edited:

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
iqMtmn8.gif

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have another one, it's a movie and towards the end of it there's a shoot-out in a sports stadium of some kind, football I think. One guy is sucking on a lollypop (or something similar), he takes it out and gives it to someone else, says "hold this" and then takes out a rocket launcher and shoots it across the stadium.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Wire season 3.

Trying to find the scene on YouTube now, it's a scene between Major Colvin and his second in command as they are trying to find a good location for Hamsterdam.

Holy shit that was fast. Are you...the internet?

OP
OP
beelzebozo

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
i knew, at least, that the guy had glasses. but i otherwise had really shuffled the pieces of this scene around. i remembered it as them sitting down, in a room, possibly leaning back in rolling chairs. i could not have been more wrong about this.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Wire season 3.

Only in Era folks.

Amazing stuff.