• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
I've been shopping a lot at Whole Foods lately, and have recently kindled a bit of a friendship with one of the cashiers. She's hilarious, good natured and very charming. I would love to ask her on a date someday but I am shy, and a bit too sheepish to do so whenever I go through her register. Also its probably not proper to do so when she is working.

Thus I've devised a plan that I think may be appropriate to the situation. I want to make her a small origami gift. Maybe a type of flower or bird. Just something that when I go through the cashier line, I can simply say "Hey I made this for you," and then I can leave my number hidden under a wing or petal - allowing her to reach out if she is interested. If she doesn't then no harm no foul. I think its a cute way to express my feelings without bothering her hopefully.

Problem right now is I don't know how to make origami, so I need to practice, and also want to make something that looks great and shows effort. Ideas?? Vids? Thanks!!

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't ask a customer service person on a date at their workplace. Thanks.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who likes origami let me say this: no girl has been impressed by an origami gift ever.

Though if you want to learn for fun please go ahead. There are a ton of resources online. Also keep in mind you should use special origami paper.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Just go up to her and say or just wait outside until she gets off and see if she wants to go get something to eat.

Feb 1, 2018
Any service provider (waiter, bartender, cashier, receptionist, etc) who's nice to you is literally just doing their job and 90% chance isn't actually interested in you at all. It's all in your head.

Don't be that creep who hits on women at their jobs, and don't bring her a weird gift. Why can't you people just be normal?

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Lol this gonna be crazy
Yep. Let's see how crazy this gets
tenor.gif

do it right OP.

You go through the cash register and all of a sudden

Lmao

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Shoot your shot OP, but always remember that retail cashiers, especially at Whole Foods, have be affable with customers.

Also, I genuinely have no idea why you landed on this Origami thing.

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
Fold 1000 cranes (exactly) and string them together. Show up to Whole Foods draped in it (and nothing else), walk up to her, wink, and say, "Make a wish".

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
How/when are u going to do it? Isnt it going to be awkward asking her out while a bunch of people are waiting in line behind you? You are pretty brave OP.

Also just speaking from experience giving a girl a gift out of nowhere expecting some sort of response has never worked for me.

Degenerate

Nov 17, 2018
Fold a nice origami then stick it up your ass, sit down, and think about the thought process that led you to this idea and how to eliminate it from the critical thinking portion of your brain

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Don't do it op. Ask her what time she gets off and/or if you can have her phone number. Be normal

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I have seen this formula before and I don't understand it

>shy

>wants to do really awkward shit that would embarrass even an outgoing person

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
DO NOT WAIT FOR HER AFTER WORK. I cannot stress that enough. Just ask her out next time you're there. Gotta take the chance without looking like a total creep.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Dude dont. This is not appropriate in any which way. There is no way to come off not looking like a total creep unless you are 11/10 attractive and, given the origami idea, that isn't plausible. You dont do this to a person while they are at work.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I have seen this formula before and I don't understand it

>shy

>wants to do really awkward shit that would embarrass even an outgoing person

Actually it's easy to understand, shy people prefers to use a different channel/object to start conversations which in this case is origami.

Putting your digits in there is super tacky though...

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Rip the price off something then go to their line so when they scan it you can go
"I guess that means it's free!"
"Speaking of free, are you free on Saturday?"
giphy.gif

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I've been shopping a lot at Whole Foods lately, and have recently kindled a bit of a friendship with one of the cashiers. She's hilarious, good natured and very charming. I would love to ask her on a date someday but I am shy, and a bit too sheepish to do so whenever I go through her register. Also its probably not proper to do so when she is working.

Thus I've devised a plan that I think may be appropriate to the situation. I want to make her a small origami gift. Maybe a type of flower or bird. Just something that when I go through the cashier line, I can simply say "Hey I made this for you," and then I can leave my number hidden under a wing or petal - allowing her to reach out if she is interested. If she doesn't then no harm no foul. I think its a cute way to express my feelings without bothering her hopefully.

Problem right now is I don't know how to make origami, so I need to practice, and also want to make something that looks great and shows effort. Ideas?? Vids? Thanks!!

Listen to other people in this thread and do not ask a person out at their workplace. It's creepy. There is a very high probability that she is being nice because she has to at her job.

That being said, if you want to go all out, the solution is to write a crown of sonnets.