• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Not doing it
  • OP
    OP
    MajulaDream

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
    I'm back.

Wow this thread blew up.

I was going to post a pic of my progress with an origami flower design I found.. but yeah... I'm having second thoughts after reading through the feedback. Some interesting posts aside, there is some really good constructive criticism from posters which I do actually appreciate. Thanks.

To answer a recurring question, no the person is not Asian lol. You can breathe Era lol.
    Pretty sure she's Romanian or Russian. Eastern European. I think she's great, I like her :)
    But I have to face up to the fact that there's no way my plan is great or would be acceptable as I earlier envisioned.. its fun learning how to do something new at least (origami).

My origami finished product
  • OP
    OP
    MajulaDream

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
    Hi Era! Here is my flower + basket after practicing a bit.
    http:///nE9d.jpeg

http:///oE9d

Ta daa :)

To reiterate, no I am not gonna give it to the cashier. If I'm fortunate enough to be in a relationship maybe then lol.
    Still had a lot of fun learning to make this! :)

Update went to Whole Foods
  • OP
    OP
    MajulaDream

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
    She was working the register today when I came through. I only asked her if she had any fun weekend plans. She got pretty excited and started telling me about a hike and camping spot she is visiting with her boyfriend..

My response was basically like "oh that sounds awesome, I hope you have a good time!" (inside I was kicking myself but thanking the gods I didn't bring origami)

Then she asked "What about you?" and my response was a bit of a mess I think lol. I said I was gonna relax and play some video games (sigh) I guess I could have mentioned I'm learning origami too, but oh well.. she's taken, that's that

Silver lining, I was able to discover this organically and without making her uncomfortable I assume

ERA's origami flower
  • OP
    OP
    MajulaDream

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
    http:///yfAd.jpeg

Thank you for the advice, conversation, and education ERA
    This one is for everybody in RESETERA haha 😁
    Cheers!

Some of the better quotes (there were many)
    Don't ask a customer service person on a date at their workplace. Thanks.
    Please leave her alone. She isn't there to be hit on, she's there to work.
    You gotta know when to fold 'em
    It's like, there's nothing wrong with asking someone on a date per se, but there's appropriate times and places for that, not during their work shift with an origami crane.
    OP you should threadmark your response
    Idk how I missed this but this title made me genuinely smile OP , wholesome asF, thank you
    I'm glad the OP realized this was no bueno but still learned how to do a cool craft. Just in general, don't ask out people at work.
    thank god you discovered this organically rather than origamically.