• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Like the title says, my PS4 randomly beeps in a series of 3 beeps and it will eject the disc randomly. When it ejects the disc sometimes it doesn't let the disc back in until I turn it off and back on. Anyone else experience this? Anyone know how to fix it? It's a launch system, btw.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh I had this issue on my launch ps4 .it's solve able don't worry .YouTube it and fix is there . You go in safe mode and do something and it will be fixed .

Abuguet

Apr 23, 2019
I've seen this. Does your PS4 have actual buttons or touch
Buttons? (I'm guessing the latter).

_Gandour_

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Fat ps4? The eject button is pressing the board. Making it eject nonstop. I solved this by manually moving the button pin

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I have this happen as well. Luckily I dont use disks anymore so its not as much of an issue but its still super annoying.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Had the same problem, had to open my console and slap some tape on where the eject button is. Worked like a charm.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
My launch one used to do it. Just give it a clean/dust off, particularly along the bottom of the capacitive buttons/base of the console under the buttons. That used to solve it for me.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Happened to mine too. I eventually got rid of it for pro. A quick fix was removing the little rubber piece directly underneath the base of the PS4 below the button. That helped it for some time, but then the issue came back in full force. Plenty of guides online how to take it apart but I never went that far with it.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
My PS4 did the same thing.

It made me go all digital, but I've fixed it

Open your PS4 and just put some tape in front of the sensor. Very easy.

You would have to eject discs with the controller, but it's no big deal

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The only way I was able to permanently fix this issue was by removing the eject button. Seeing as though you can eject the discs in software it is not really needed anyway.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I had this problem on my launch PS4 as well. I fixed it simply by pulling out the power cord, waiting like 30 seconds, insert the power cord and turning the system on again. This fixed it for me. The problem did however happen a few times after this as well, but in the end, it just went away.

Abuguet

Apr 23, 2019
It's fixable so don't panic. There are several levels of fix, from trying minor repairs to outright remove the eject button. You can try fixing it yourself.

I fixed mine scratching the gold pin below the PS4 cover. It never gave me issues since. Just scratch it a little with a paper clip or something. Don't be too gentle, just give it a few scratches and put it back together.

No need to remove or disable the button. I did this once and my launch PS4 has bever given me trouble since.

It'll be fine.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I fixed mine by pulling out that little rubber thing underneath the buttons and sort of elevating the corners the tiniest bit.