• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I've been using Handbrake to convert video, on three separate computers. But i haven't done any conversions in a while. Does anyone know if there is a log i can look at for the settings used or if i can open one of my converted videos to see the meta data it used?

I can remember the video settings and audio settings, but the subtitles are what gets me. I want the subs for instance in Game of Thrones when they speak Dothraki or any other langauge the subtitles should be there. In some instances all english subs were burned in, which was super annoying.

so TLDR
1 is there a way to find settings used on previous conversions - i swear i saved them but none of them are there
2 what is the best setting for handling subs, where subs are there for non english when they are supposed to be there but not when characters are speaking english.

OP
OP
captive

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
if i do forced subs only, is that going to burn them in?

I use Kodi which gives me the option to turn subs on and off.