• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Another week, another DCEU DoOmeD thread. They'll be fine if Aquaman, Shazam and WW84 right the ship. Also, not seeing anything in the OP about Cavill being recast, just what we knew about them not making any MoS sequels at the moment. Ben should ride off into the sunset though, too much baggage.

You know what? Fuck suicide squad just give batman to Gunn. He should be at the helm of one of the greatest comic book characters and bring him to life like nobody has. Give me some batman Animated series vibes and bring Dave Bautista as Bane.

FQHt8qi.jpg

Bane is Latino, Batista is not. Next.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Imaging seriously suggesting dropping Gadot after her movie was both critically and financially successful as if most of the brand damage isnt the fault of Snyders movies

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know Shazam's production budget? It's going to do even less than Aquaman, which I have clocking in at $450-480m worldwide. Neither of these films are pulling in a significant chunk of profits, and based on some rough estimates I have reason to believe Aquaman might even lose money when all said and done.

If so, consider Levi and Momoa also axed. Wonder Woman is the only sure thing the DCEU has right now.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they're putting Cavill on ice. I'm guessing he's still more than willing to play the role, but they don't have anything for him.
Imaging seriously suggesting dropping Gadot after her movie was both critically and financially successful because of Snyders fuck ups
Yeah, it ain't happening. Same with Margot.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
A mod should definitely come in here and fix the thread title, this is nothing but a rumor at this point and OP is irresponsible for wording it as if it's confirmed. ZattMurdock you should know better.

Oct 25, 2017
just bring back Nolan
Honestly I was trying to think the other day how they could get another Nolan Batman without it being a TDKR sequel that I doubt Nolan would want to do or that would interest audiences much.
It would have to be a prequel to TDK and the only really viable villains would be Strange, Black Mask, Hush, Penguin, a lower key Court of Owls or at the absolute most Riddler.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for both of them. Must be so dissatisfying how little they played their roles. It's all Snyder's fault.

I guess cavill's public negotiation ploy a while back failed

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Imaging seriously suggesting dropping Gadot after her movie was both critically and financially successful because of Snyders fuck ups

Gal will make her trilogy and maybe even more of that. But I do think that they are eventually recasting Wonder Woman, and I don't think they will wait that long for a "Rebirth" of the connected films, I just don't think anyone from the old crowd is staying, at all. Gadot moves to the "Elseworlds" side of things and they restart everything with Reeves Batman or something.

A mod should definitely come in here and fix the thread title, this is nothing but a rumor at this point and OP is irresponsible for wording it as if it's confirmed. ZattMurdock you should know better.

THR and Variety aren't into the business of rumor mongering. They've been beating this drum for one year now. It's dead, Jim.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know Shazam's production budget? It's going to do even less than Aquaman, which I have clocking in at $450-480m worldwide. Neither of these films are pulling in a significant chunk of profits, and based on some rough estimates I have reason to believe Aquaman might even lose money when all said and done.

If so, consider Levi and Momoa also axed. Wonder Woman is the only sure thing the DCEU has right now.
Axed for what purpose? WB isn't showing any signs of wanting to continue with a universe. No point in recasting. They have to make due with what they got.

Last edited:

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
For all of saying get rid of WW the only way that happens is if WW84 has a gross drop similar to the drop from Alice to Alice 2.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
THR and Variety aren't into the business of rumor mongering. They've been beating this drum for one year now. It's dead, Jim.

It's not confirmed until it's out of WBs mouth, hence its a rumor. This isn't rocket science.

And again, I see nothing about Cavill being recast:

The studio is not moving forward with Batman and Superman movies featuring Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, respectively. It is expected to recast the Dark Knight with a different actor.

Where's the Cavill recast? We've known they aren't doing a MoS sequel. Thread title is intentionally misleading. But hey I guess you wanted people posting in your thread?

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zack Snyder (or more accurately the people that put him in charge and ran with it) did so much damage to the DCEU, the only possible outcome it to just scrap it quietly, which they seem to be doing, and then to try again at an interconnected universe... some day. The good news is that they at least can still release DC hero films that will make money.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Michael Rooker as Bruce Wayne, David Bautista as Superman, Gregg Henry as Commissioner Gordon.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I dont think Cavill is necessarily getting recast, i think they just wont do anything with Superman in the next 10 years lol

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
It's time to bring Schumacher back.

At this point the only DC movie WB should make is Justice League Dark in the Conjuring universe.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It makes no sense... they wanna recast Batman, yet keep Cavill? So unless that negotiation shit was finalized to keep him around, but not promise to make anymore Superman appearances or solo films... that is weird

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
Pity, I liked both of them.

I don't know why they didn't do seperate films, each ignoring the others... then remake Justice League: War as a live action film.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Cavill was great as Superman. Man of Steel was one of the best superhero films I watched. Shame that he's being recast, might as well reboot the entire thing.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The title should definitely say it's a Variety rumor, that tells us that it's 99.99% sure to be true, but also that this hasn't been confirmed by the studio yet. The title makes it seem like WB confirmed it.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
It's not confirmed until it's out of WBs mouth, hence its a rumor. This isn't rocket science.
LMFAO. Trades release this kind of information with the studios approval. I've been following film news for two decades now, and I know exactly what I'm talking about. You won't ever get a confirmation of WB until they literally recast the characters. Trades reporting on studios moves are as reliable as it gets. Claiming it's rumor or fake it's not different than people screaming fake news to reliable news sources like we see time and time again from those that believe in alternative facts.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Another week, another DCEU DoOmeD thread. They'll be fine if Aquaman, Shazam and WW84 right the ship. Also, not seeing anything in the OP about Cavill being recast, just what we knew about them not making any MoS sequels at the moment. Ben should ride off into the sunset though, too much baggage.

Bane is Latino, Batista is not. Next.
I'm Latino too. I don't care. I remember this argument in the other thread and your position is clear. I stand by mine.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I thought Cavill was great as Superman. Man of Steel was one of the best superhero films I watched. Shame that he's being recast, might as well reboot the entire thing.

Nothing in the Variety quote about Cavill being recast, Zatt is just being incredibly irresponsible with his thread titles:

The studio is not moving forward with Batman and Superman movies featuring Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, respectively. It is expected to recast the Dark Knight with a different actor.

The title should definitely say it's a Variety rumor, that tells us that it's 99.99% sure to be true, but also that this hasn't been confirmed by the studio yet. The title makes it seem like WB confirmed it.
but then how would this thread get people posting in a frenzy

LMFAO. Trades release this kind of information with the studios approval. I've been following film news for two decades now, and I know exactly what I'm talking about. You won't ever get a confirmation of WB until they literally recast the characters. Trades reporting on studios moves are as reliable as it gets. Claiming it's rumor or fake it's not different than people screaming fake news to reliable news sources like we see time and time again from those that believe in alternative facts.

lmao this shit with your "credentials" again. You're being intentionally misleading, it's a bad look and frankly embarassing how you always try to pull this card.

I'm Latino too. I don't care. I remember this argument in the other thread and your position is clear. I stand by mine.

good job throwing your people under the bus i guess *shrug*

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Reeves ends up with Gyllenhall as Batman. I could totally see Jake pulling off a brooding, leaner Batman with more of a detective angle than the previous films.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So technically this news is the same place we've been since the last time we heard these news...

We knew no more Superman movies, but Henry is not out per se yet... Batfleck movie was constantly starting and stopping... the guess to recast Batman makes sense but in of itself is not a confirmation

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Nothing in the Variety quote about Cavill being recast, Zatt is just being incredibly irresponsible with his thread titles:

but then how would this thread get people posting in a frenzy

lmao this shit with your "credentials again". You're being intentionally misleading, it's a bad look.

good job throwing your people under the bus i guess *claps*

Jesus Christ. Dude. It's not about me claiming any knowledge about the situation, but me saying that trades know what they are talking about. The more the die hards cling on crazy theories, the more we will get confirmation time and time again that they are done. Last year people went mad before Justice League was out because THR reported that Affleck was out after Justice League. Several credible outlets have confirmed this situation after this year alone, like I've mentioned on the OP. If you can't deal with the facts and will straight up attack the messenger, the joke is on you, not me.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just give the CW universe a budget to up the special effects, hire some better and more consistent writers, and then use that to establish a movie/TV universe in a way Marvel failed to do with its movies and Agents of Shield. Justice League would still be the tentpole movie with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman headlining their stuff. Aquaman too for obvious reasons. Everyone else gets HBO style budgets for their shows next season and fleshed out going forward, with all of the movie heroes actually appearing in the TV shows when it makes sense.

Nothing in Arrow need to greatly impact a Wonder Woman movie too much, but having Amell appear next to Gadot would be a nice touch.

It's the only way for DC to salvage this mess.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Jesus Christ. Dude. It's not about me claiming any knowledge about the situation, but me saying that trades know what they are talking about. The more the die hards cling on crazy theories, the more we will get confirmation time and time again that they are done. Last year people went mad before Justice League was out because THR reported that Affleck was out after Justice League. Several credible outlets have confirmed this situation after this year alone, like I've mentioned on the OP. If you can't deal with the facts and will straight up attack the messenger, the joke is on you, not me.

What facts? There aren't any facts at this moment. All you've got is r u m o r s and s p e c u l a t i o n. It's only a fact once WB or one of the actors confirms it,

And miss me with the "not claiming any knowledge" disingenuous shit:

I've been following film news for two decades now, and I know exactly what I'm talking about.

no one cares how long you've been following films m8, i've been following video game for two decades and i dont go swinging my dick around in every thread i walk in. it's weird how you constantly do this.

dismissing diversity concerns on this forum is a big no-no, calm down.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Makes no sense to retire Cavill. Affleck to me just seems like a liability in terms of staying fit and not being a raging alcoholic.
just bring back Nolan
There is zero incentive for goatlan to come back. He already does whatever the fuck he wants with whatever budget he wants, why would he come back?

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
What facts? There aren't any facts at this moment.

And miss me with the "not claiming any knowledge" disingenuous shit:

no one cares how long you've been following films m8, i've been following video game for two decades and i dont go swinging my dick around in every thread i walk in. it's weird how you constantly do this.

That's a lot of unneeded and uncaleed animosity, don't you think? To the ignore list you go.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Keep Wonder Woman, make her the leading persona for the whole DCEU that assemble the team.

Just let WW play out her story for now, maybe round it out as a trilogy. Having her assemble another team feel just like another distraction that won't amount to much. DC already tried to jump the gun once, just try to have consistently good movies coming out first.