• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
You know what? Fuck suicide squad just give batman to Gunn. He should be at the helm of one of the greatest comic book characters and bring him to life like nobody has. Give me some batman Animated series vibes and bring Dave Bautista as Bane.

FQHt8qi.jpg
Would love Bautista as bane, would be pretty dope.....would love to see him take his own spin the the character too.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people want old man batman so bad? Christian Bale was the best portrayal of that in TDKR and that was the end of a trilogy. You don't try to start a DC movie universe with old man Batman. John Hamm is nearly 50 ffs. Batfleck looked fucking bloated and gassed the whole time in JL.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doubtful with him being Mysterio in the MCU and all, but weirder "betrayals" have happened.
I mean, its not like the Marvel & DC contracts stipulate no appearances in the other's films. Besides, Beck is likely a one-off role for Jake and the fact that Joaquin Phoenix has been cast as the Joker might incentivize Gyllenhall to take a more nuanced & developed take on the Caped Crusader.

This is all just baseless speculation, and I have no doubt whomever Reeves picks in the end will fit the role well. I just hope WB doesn't take the wrong message away from Snyder's tenure as head of the DCEU and trusts Reeves to take Batman in a new & interesting direction.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I mean, its not like the Marvel & DC contracts stipulate no appearances in the other's films. Besides, Beck is likely a one-off role for Jake and the fact that Joaquin Phoenix has been cast as the Joker might incentivize Gyllenhall to take a more nuanced & developed take on the Caped Crusader.

This is all just baseless speculation, and I have no doubt whomever Reeves picks in the end will fit the role well. I just hope WB doesn't take the wrong message away from Snyder's tenure as head of the DCEU and trusts Reeves to take Batman in a new & interesting direction.

Oh I'd love Jake to take on the role, but I'm sure they have plans for a Sinister Six movie down the line with him in it.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
dismissing diversity concerns on this forum is a big no-no, calm down.
Tom hardy wasn't Latin and I wasn't offended. I like Bautista for this particular role. It's a professional wrestler with a great look and acting ability playing a professional wrestler. Simple as that. You want to make stupid ass claims like I'm "throwing my people under the bus" don't expect courtesy.

You are entitled to your opinion and I know were you stand now let me be and don't make any claims about what I do or don't do for my people based on a single fan casting.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cavill is not what was wrong with those Superman movies. Sad to see him go.

Affleck, eh the same I suppose.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Just reboot this fucking universe.

Do it with the new Batman film.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people want old man batman so bad? Christian Bale was the best portrayal of that in TDKR and that was the end of a trilogy. You don't try to start a DC movie universe with old man Batman. John Hamm is nearly 50 ffs. Batfleck looked fucking bloated and gassed the whole time in JL.
Old Man Batman made sense for the DCEU since they didn't really want to "start" a universe but rather but, like, "See? The universe was here the whoooole time!'. Now, was this the right move? Probably but once they were set on that approach, they really couldn't do a young Batman.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Tom hardy wasn't Latin and I wasn't offended. I like Bautista for this particular role simple as that. It's a professional wrestler with a great look and acting ability playing a professional wrestler. Simple as that. You want to make stupid ass claims like I'm "throwing my people under the bus" don't expect courtesy.

You are entitled to your opinion and I know were you stand now let me be and don't make any claims about what I do or don't do for my people.

Tom Hardy landed Bane in another era, shit wouldn't go quietly into the night these days. And I liked Hardy in the role, but I was ignorant to the importance of representation back then. Things are different now.

and Bane isn't a professional wrestler lmao. You don't know anything about this character do you?

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to get sick of super hero movies, the only reason I like Marvel movies is the continuity of all the movies, if it wasn't for that I would not care, not one bit.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Tom hardy wasn't Latin and I wasn't offended. I like Bautista for this particular role. It's a professional wrestler with a great look and acting ability playing a professional wrestler. Simple as that. You want to make stupid ass claims like I'm "throwing my people under the bus" don't expect courtesy.

You are entitled to your opinion and I know were you stand now let me be and don't make any claims about what I do or don't do for my people based on a single fan casting.
It just looks bad when every single interpretation of Bane outside of live-action movies has been latino. That's his origin.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Hardy landed Bane in another era, shit wouldn't go quietly into the night these days. And I liked Hardy in the role, but I was ignorant to the importance of representation back then. Things are different now.

and Bane isn't a professional wrestler lmao. You don't know anything about this character do you?
Nope. Never claimed to. I know what I know from the animated series and even that was decades ago. He wore a damn wrestling mask was huge and sounded cool. Anyway get off my back I'm not a casting director I'm a guy on a forum with who liked the look of someone. Let it go. I've told you twice now you are entitled to your opinion.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Cavill was a good Superman, shame to see him go out like this

I'm not sure he's out, OP only talks about Ben being recast:

The studio is not moving forward with Batman and Superman movies featuring Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, respectively. It is expected to recast the Dark Knight with a different actor.

This and the previous article are consistent in that there's no MoS2 planned though.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the point of posting casting hopes with other actors? So they can also get fucked over by terrible editing and mismanagement?

How about finding a competent production company that won't shit all over every promising actor, director and screenplay?

We're getting three Joker movies before we get a new proper Batman, get fucked WB.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the Superman role is a curse because they can't find a single fucking competent producer at WB.

Pretty sure literally any other studio would have done the job by now.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Nope. Never claimed to. I know what I know from the animated series and even that was decades ago. He wore a damn wrestling mask was huge and sounded cool. Anyway get off my back I'm not a casting director I'm a guy on a forum with who liked the look of someone. Let it go. I've told you twice now you are entitled to your opinion.

and the goddamn luchador mask never clued you in as to his origin?! christ.

Batman-The-Animated-Series-Bane-Bust.jpg

anyway whatever, you do you my man.

Danny trejo as the voice of bane.

i could stand behind this compromise.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
WB/DC really just needs to give up on the shared universe idea until they have an actual plan. So sick of them winging everything and changing plans movie after movie

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
and the goddamn luchador mask never clued you in as to his origin?! christ.

Batman-The-Animated-Series-Bane-Bust.jpg

anyway whatever, you do you my man.

i could stand behind this compromise.
Yes I knew he was Latin. But when I'm casting comic book characters on the internet for movies that will probably never happen I don't really think about race cause I'm not actually casting them and it's not that serious.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gal Gadot is awful, nothing about the current DCEU is worth saving. Start it all over.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Yes I knew he was Latin. But when I'm casting comic book characters on the internet for movies that will probably never happen I don't really think about race cause I'm not actually casting them and it's not that serious.

1) We're not a race.
2) Diversity is important. Kids in my country don't think they could ever grow up to be famous Hollywood stars because they rarely seem themselves positively represented in the big tent pole media, it's always the vato locos or sidekick types. Black people and asians have gotten shit done over making a fuss over "not serious" stuff like this and it's well deserved and they should be applauded for not taking shit lying down, and I'd say it is a serious issue. How cool was it when Oscar Isaac got a lead role in the new Star Wars? Seeing guys like him hit it big is awesome, man.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gal Gadot is awful, nothing about the current DCEU is worth saving. Start it all over.

Problem is her movie was the only one that can objectively be called a success. I had no doubt WB would've done a full reboot of the DCEU the moment JL flopped had that not been the case. But instead they want to have their cake and eat it too by keeping Gadot and changing everything else, it seems.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Firing Gadot would be the biggest PR disaster for WB. Y'all really want them to burn to the ground.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Firing Gadot would be the biggest PR disaster for WB. Y'all really want them to burn to the ground.

Hate to break it to you, but its already burned to the ground. WB would not be doing a stand alone Joker movie otherwise. It'll be interesting watching the WW sequel(s) and seeing just how much they downplay the DCEU and make the films their own thing.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Gal Gadot won't ever be "fired", and I expect her next film to be great. What I think it'll happen is that they will allow for her trilogy to be told and just recast her after that. Hell, they could cast her as Hyppolyta of the new Wonder Woman, sort of like a Crisis homage:

Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths-12.jpg

I just don't see why Gal is needed if everyone else is going away. Crisis on Infinite Earths is a concept that Disney didn't touch with their films so far, and one that Gunn and other talented people could make it work for WB / DC.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
1) We're not a race.
2) Diversity is important. Kids in my country don't think they could ever grow up to be famous Hollywood stars because they rarely seem themselves positively represented in the big tent pole media, it's always the vato locos or sidekick types. Black people and asians have gotten shit done over making a fuss over "not serious" stuff like this and it's well deserved and they should be applauded for not taking shit lying down, and I'd say it is a serious issue. How cool was it when Oscar Isaac got a lead role in the new Star Wars? Seeing guys like him hit it big is awesome, man.
I am casting a guy in a thread of a videogame forum not in a casting room full of executives. This is not serious because my opinion has no consequence nor power over actual casting. Now leave it the fuck alone.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I am casting a guy in a thread of a videogame forum not in a casting room full of executives. This is not serious because my opinion has no consequence nor power over actual casting. Now leave it the fuck alone.

You seem to fail to understand it's only when we make our voices heard is when that room of executives takes notice and they do the right thing.

And if you want to "leave it the fuck alone" stop responding? In any case, adios.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Hate to break it to you, but its already burned to the ground. WB would not be doing a stand alone Joker movie otherwise. It'll be interesting watching the WW sequel(s) and seeing just how much they downplay the DCEU and make the films their own thing.
People want good movies first and foremost. This universe can take a backseat for a decade if it needs to.