• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I love the mass hysteria for news that was abundantly clear months and months ago.

We knew Affleck wouldn't be back when Justice League had a soft opening. Gone.

If WB wanted a Cavill fronted Superman sequel they would have had one in production by now. Gone.

Jared Leto will be replaced too. Gone.

Given that WB are going for more of a 'silo' approach with these characters it doesn't really matter whether there is a mass recasting or not as they won't be dropping in and out of everyone else's film the way they do in the MCU.

WB got a 'AAA' filmmaker in Matt Reeves to soft reboot Batman and Warners will bring in a similarly impressive name/talent to soft reboot Superman too.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
jon-hamm-1494357063.jpg
Batman
No way they can make a suit that fits his "needs"

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Finally people can stop pretending that BvS, Man if Steel or Justice League are masterpieces. Snyder singlehandedly brought DCEU down. Imagine a world where Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman are being beaten by Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.

what do you mean imagine? we ARE living in the world where 2 Avengers movies made almost as much as 5 DC comic movies. And 12 MCU movies all made more money at the box office than a Justice League movie.

this is amazinggggg

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Era about go Casting Couch:
Jon Hamm as Superman
Michael Fassbender as Batman
Idris Elba as Cyborg
Ryan Gosling as Flash
Gal still as WW

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Cavill deserves better than Superman, and Batman deserves better than Affleck, so I'm ok with this.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easily solution for Gunn. Release WW, Aquaman, Shazam and then have a time altering event with a Flash movie in 2020.

Start from scratch.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
That isn't saying Cavill is gone though, is it? Especially considering that it specifically calls out a Batman recast.

Reading that couldn't it just mean that they aren't planning a solo Superman movie, but Cavill remains in the role?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
That isn't saying Cavill is gone though, is it? Especially considering that it specifically calls out a Batman recast.

Reading that couldn't it just mean that they aren't planning a solo Superman movie, but Cavill remains in the role?
I think more likely is they have no plans for Superman to appear in any movies for the immediate future, so there's no need to recast right now.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The actors were never the issue to be fair, in fact I liked them both in their roles. Since The Flash is having issues, they lost some of their main characters and such, they should probably just reboot this universe thing or start making separate movie universes again. It clearly isn't working out when only Wonder Woman was an effectively competent movie out of the bunch (I personally didn't dislike Man Of Steel for example, but I don't really want to watch it again either). There's things worth saving for sure, but at this point I wouldn't even bother.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Batfleck was good. I would have liked to see the Batman movie he was going to direct and star in.

Regarding Cavill, let's just say I'm glad he's free to move on to other things. He looked the part but the writing, performance, and styling were all wrong for his Superman.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I think more likely is they have no plans for Superman to appear in any movies for the immediate future, so there's no need to recast right now.

They'll definitely have a filmmaker in mind to reboot Superman (casting a new Clark and a new Lois) but they aren't moving on it at the moment because they'll let Reeves do his thing with Batman and then plan accordingly.

There's no way WB have a white board somewhere on the studio lot with Superman written on it and a thin layer of dust on it. He's one of the cornerstones of the DCU and he's even front and centre of the animated DC films logo that plays before the films.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
RIP to a great cast, its a damn shame they couldn't each get a film to shine on their own.
gallery_5_3.jpg

Oh well WB stays loosing...
5575176-9463343219-CZcNx.gif

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK

And the Batman recasting is only "expected".

There's a reason this was buried in a Flash article, neither are confirmations, if Variety had more solid info they would have lead with that as it's the bigger story.

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Changing the actor wont make the films any better.

I loved Batfleck and Man of Steel is one of my favourite Superman films. If they are recasting then I'm not interested in any further DC movie.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Finally! Now they only need to remove Gadot and start fresh from the new Aquaman movie.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Green Lantern is happening because they gave Geoff Johns UNLIMITED POWAH and GL is his baby.

If they DO reboot and restart, that's where it'd be if it's within the next five years, if not, then yeah this thing is just anthologies for a long, long while.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I doubt it. I think they can go with the anthology aspect for some time but if James Gunn is on fire and in revenge mode, I could see him spearheading the future of DC Films and it'd be glorious.

This assumption that Guardian of the Galaxy's quality was all Gunn and that he's so talented that he can singlehandedly rescue the DCEU will never stop being amusing.

I'm sooooo looking forward to the meltdowns. In fact, since Gunn is far from stupid, I'm still unsure he'll actually want any part of this.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Affleck deserved a proper, good standalone Batman movie.

I really thought he was great, it really sucks that he's gone.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Don't care about Cavill, but Affleck's Batman was cool to see on the film. Oh well, just give everything to Gunn and let the DCU shine for once, damn WB

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They are both solid actors and play the roles well. They aren't the reasons why your films are always mediocre.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Affleck and Cavill got a tough break here. They definitely weren't the problem with those movies. Interested to see who they cast in these roles now though. I remember rumors for both Jon Hamm and Jake Gyllenhaal circulating for Matt Reeve's Batman film. I wonder if either of them is still in serious consideration.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
The only DC movie im interested in now is a movie about the backstage production stuff. Cavill and Affleck weren't even the problem with these movies.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
You will keep fucking this up WB until you keep your dirty money grabbing fingers out of the process.