• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda fun to see someone talk about games to a mainstream mag and not be about Fortnite or COD or FIFA.

Henry Cavill would rather be at home right now, without the fame, without the attention, sitting at his gaming PC in shorts and a T-shirt, playing Total War: Warhammer II.

(...)

And he's played it through six times already, accounting for hundreds of hours of gameplay ("With six different races! And I love it each time!"). "There's just something about those games that I find so satisfying," he says. "There's new DLCs coming out all the time and I'm looking forward to whatever the next one is."

On him playing the Witcher

"My first involved experience [with the franchise] was The Witcher 3," he tells me, explaining how he's now played developer CD Projekt Red's 100-hour role-playing epic two-and-a-half times to completion, experimenting with different difficulty settings, first on regular difficulty and then on the game's toughest setting, in order to find the perfect balance of fun and challenge.

Growing up playing in LAN parties

Warhammer and The Witcher aren't his only big gaming passions. He reminisces fondly about playing games with his brothers, cramped around his mother's dining room table in makeshift LAN parties. He grew up on games such as Delta Force and Half Life. In the former, his brothers toyed with one another endlessly.

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1315615342002.jpg

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC he said he accepted the Superman role while sitting on his couch in boxers with a pizza box and controller in reach.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
It's easy to hear stuff like this and just chalk it up to the usual prerelease fluff pieces

But then he drops Total War Warhammer 2 lol.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's me. Now I'm Henry Cavill. Look how strong I am now. I get be Gerald. If I must choose evils, I would choose the Yennefer.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
222 Hours in Total Warhammer 2
172 in Total Warhammer 1

SUMMON.

THE.

ELECTOR.

COUNTS.

OP
OP
Masoyama

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Total War has also always been an interesting franchise. I have friends from jiu jitsu that never touch a single game, but for some reason, Total War is their thing. They absolutely love it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I should have played more of Total War Warhammer.

Is it still worth it to play 1 over 2?

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
playing mmos and shit must be pretty relaxing because people will not treat you any different and not ask you to sign shit or take a photo with them

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
It's easy to hear stuff like this and just chalk it up to the usual prerelease fluff pieces

But then he drops Total War Warhammer 2 lol.
People need to start realizing how mainstream video games are... once they went broad it means that even the biggest stars could be playing something rather niche or hardcore... I mean Lady Gaga tweeted her Bayonetta playthrough.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Total War has also always been an interesting franchise. I have friends from jiu jitsu that never touch a single game, but for some reason, Total War is their thing. They absolutely love it.
It's honestly not that different from people who only play FIFA or MLB: The Show, or the transport simulation / tycoon games. Most of them don't cross over into other genres.