• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
"There's something wonderful about a man chasing a woman. There's a traditional approach to that, which is nice. I think a woman should be wooed and chased, but maybe I'm old-fashioned for thinking that.

"It's very difficult to do that if there are certain rules in place. Because then it's like: 'Well, I don't want to go up and talk to her, because I'm going to be called a rapist or something'. So you're like, 'Forget it, I'm going to call an ex-girlfriend instead, and then just go back to a relationship, which never really worked'. But it's way safer than casting myself into the fires of hell, because I'm someone in the public eye, and if I go and flirt with someone, then who knows what's going to happen?

"Now? Now you really can't pursue someone further than, 'No'. It's like, 'OK, cool'. But then there's the, 'Oh why'd you give up?' And it's like, 'Well, because I didn't want to go to jail?'"

Whew...The Aziz Ansari story has straight men SHAKING.

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YJ75.gif

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone is going to call you a rapist for going up to a woman and saying hi Henry.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Is he trying to say "hitting on woman that don't want to be hit on in public" and instead said "rapist"?

I'm not exactly sure what he's saying...

Oct 27, 2017
"There's something wonderful about a man chasing a woman. There's a traditional approach to that, which is nice. I think a woman should be wooed and chased"

I actually laughed at how poorly worded these sentences are. I understand what he is saying, but in combination of what he says about rape, these are such a poor choice of words.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So many men have no idea how to interact with women if they can't dominate them without repercussions.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where are all these cases of people being arrested for rape for going up to someone at a bar and saying hi? I keep hearing about them but never see the actual cases.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I get what he says, see no issues. Maybe not communicated 100% as it should be but I get it. The outrage in this thread is absurd.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I see what he is saying but this is worded like something a crazy person would say.

Like he stopped to put some thought into his words and then used the wrong words.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand what he's saying: when in a powerful position, like being a straight white rich actor, it can be hard to flirt without making it look like he's taking some things for granted.

Still, he could have chosen better words.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
It's easy to deride him but itsi a shame he thinks like this. Like, becoming fearful of women and their motives and letting that affect his personal life is just.. not only taking the wrong message away from all thats happened.. but its also not gonna help him. He knows as much and says as much. Just be you man. Its an interesting peer in to the psyche of a male celebrity at this time though.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Lol. Motherfucker what???

I mean I shouldn't be surprised. Because yes, this is how a lot of redpill dudes act. There is no subtlety between saying hi to a woman and strong arm raping them, so wtf am i supposed to do sjwfemenissstsbruls???!

mmazurkiewicz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I understand what he's saying: when in a powerful position, like being a straight white rich actor, it can be hard to flirt without making it look like he's taking some things for granted.

Still, he could have chosen better words.

you're right, that is what he is saying.

and as for his choice of words, given whats been happening the past two years, i dont see how he is wrong.