• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
It doesn't have to be a wave, it only has to be one person, him.

It isn't about mistrusting women, it is about mistrusting everybody. He could just as easily be accused by a man. But the way you automatically assume this is a blanket distrust of women again proves there is some validity to his position.

You are grasping at straws very hard here, buddy. Cavill expressedly said it was about women:

"There's something wonderful about a man chasing a woman," Cavill said. "There's a traditional approach to that, which is nice. I think a woman should be wooed and chased, but maybe I'm old-fashioned for thinking that. It's very difficult to do that if there are certain rules in place."

Cavill continued by saying there's a risk about #MeToo leading men to believe, "Well, I don't want to go up and talk to her, because I'm going to be called a rapist or something."

"So you're like, 'Forget it, I'm going to call an ex-girlfriend instead, and then just go back to a relationship, which never really worked,'" Cavill continued. "But it's way safer than casting myself into the fires of hell because I'm someone in the public eye, and if I go and flirt with someone, then who knows what's going to happen?"

Cavill said that men "really can't pursue someone" in the era of #MeToo era after they have been told "no." "But then there's the, 'Oh why'd you give up?'" he said. "And it's like, 'Well, because I didn't want to go to jail?'"

Source: https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/henry-cavill-metoo-interview-men-rapist-women-1201983359/

Wow, you sure do think highly of women there don't ya?

Now that you mentioned I read the other quote and... ew.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
It doesn't have to be a wave, it only has to be one person, him. There have been false accusations. We don't live in a world where nobody has ever been falsely accused of anything, right?

It isn't about mistrusting women, it is about mistrusting everybody. He could just as easily be accused by a man. But the way you automatically assume this is a blanket distrust of women again proves there is some validity to his position.
Christ you're disgusting.

We don't live in a world where false rape accusations happen with increasing frequency. We do live in a world where women get raped far more often than men. And to err on the side of men in this situation is abhorrent. It's ignorant of statistics, and ignorant of power imbalances.

And stop with this "he could just as easily be accused by a man" bullshit. First of all, men's rape accounts are trusted even less than women's. Secondly, Henry already made this explicitly about women. So shut the fuck up until you learn what you're talking about.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
And yet so many people here are OUTRAGED that we sympathize with the girl more.
He hasn't done anything but he's scared of being accused while having done nothing, nobody's said that women never get raped. Being accused even when the story is false is bad news you see threads around here all the time, as soon as a rumor is out, people dogpile on the dude without waiting for facts. You can wait for the investigation or whatever to be over before condemning someone. I believe it is Enzo Amore who was accused, lost his job, and then the story was proven false. You can listen to the victim without condemning the dude immediately

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
He hasn't done anything but he's scared of being accused while having done nothing, nobody's said that women never get raped. Being accused even when the story is false is bad news you see threads around here all the time, as soon as a rumor is out, people dogpile on the dude without waiting for facts. You can wait for the investigation or whatever to be over before condemning someone. I believe it is Enzo Amore who was accused, lost his job, and then the story was proven false. You can listen to the victim without condemning the dude immediately
Using a guy who released a diss track on a girl with mental and drug issues as a victim is hilarious

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't proven false.

Just not enough evidence to prosecute.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do y'all think he was being genuine about being afraid of being called a rapist? Dude is exaggerating. He doesn't want to come across as a creep.

Especially nowadays when that can cost him his career.

This fear isn't anything new, it's just been massively exacerbated by the #MeToo movement.

While it's annoying a seemingly distressingly high number (in my experience) of men don't seem to understand what it's about, the way to react to isn't shit like I'm seeing in this thread.

I'm not talking about these those "just asking question" fucks. I'm talking about men that are fucking clueless about affirmative consent, social cues, and what does and does not constitute acceptable behaviour - the guys that don't actually know any better because this is the first time they're seeing men being held accountable for their behaviour towards women.

Holding abusers and creeps accountable is only part of the solution. To make lasting change there's needs to be more beyond the outing and shaming of predators. The world isn't gonna run out of men like that any time soon.

Mighty Chin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing misogyny, derailing thread with complaints about moderation, history of drive-by posts and victim blaming in threads about sexual assault accusations.
Jeez look at that reason for someone getting banned up above. Ridiculous.

GeoMack

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What men have this anxiety?

Like, I'd totally understand if you were accused of rape multiple times and you never did, but I guarantee you this hasn't happened to you.

I'm not saying it's rational to have those fears, but anxiety rarely is. As for the men who have it, many millions do, just like tons of other phobias.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
What men have this anxiety?

Like, I'd totally understand if you were accused of rape multiple times and you never did, but I guarantee you this hasn't happened to you.
You're not careful how you approach people without looking like a creep? I think about it all the time. I have super bad anxiety and apologize a lot because I always think I'm bothering someone. A bunch of girls have told me to stop being so worried and saying sorry anytime I hit them up.

Some girl came by house multiple times and got into bed with me and I didn't make a move because I didn't want mixed signals. Im awkward and have anxiety and over think things, I don't believe I can be the only one.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
You're not careful how you approach people without looking like a creep? I think about it all the time. I have super bad anxiety and apologize a lot because I always think I'm bothering someone. A bunch of girls have told me to stop being so worried and saying sorry anytime I hit them up.

Some girl came by house multiple times and got into bed with me and I didn't make a move because I didn't want mixed signals. Im awkward and have anxiety and over think things, I don't believe I can be the only one.
I don't act like a creep so....

Isn't hard. A woman isn't gonna call you a creep for being nervous. She may not be into nervous types but I think it's quite fair to say they can discern between creepy and not creepy.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't mean he is guilty though, which is my point, if different people accuse you I may understand

You said he was proven innocent.

He also you know was engaging in drug activity and getting himself in situations with minors or very near minors.... that reflect poorly.

On top of him not being well liked behind the scenes.

They're multiple reasons they opted to fire him.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
There's still the overreaction with the "but I don't want to go jail bit" which demonstrates it's more than just a word choice and an overall irrational line of thought.

You don't go to jail for creep

I don't want to get into the position where I am defending this dude, because I don't know him or care. I do agree that it's at least a paranoid chain of thought from him but I'm not going to pretend to know what he meant or how he thinks.

I will just say that to me, it's easy to see how the public deconstruction/analysis of this very statement would fuel paranoid thoughts

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
You said he was proven innocent.

He also you know was engaging in drug activity and getting himself in situations with minors or very near minors.... that reflect poorly.

On top of him not being well liked behind the scenes.

They're multiple reasons they opted to fire him.
Sure, he may be a rapist, dealer or something, I was just saying that people shouldn't attack someone early when everything could be false and there's no evidence or witnesses, it is a permanent stain, even if proven innocent

pauloshinobi

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I think I get the concern of wanting to approach a lady, but turning out to accidentally create a displeasing situation / ending up being creepy due to lack of social skill, but boy oh boy his statements are quite a disastrous

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
He is such a creep and he can fuck off with acting like men are victims from the #MeToo movement. It must be nice that his only fear is about flirting with women meanwhile we have to be worried of every interaction involving men.

Also I still think he is a creep for dating a 19yr old.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Way I see it there's two ways to read what he said.

The first way is what i assume (or more acurately "hope") he meant but was just too stupid to say properly which is that he's worried about coming across as a creep. That's completely irrational of him, though I must admit if I worked in an industry going through a massive harassment scandal I'd probably watch what I was doing and saying. Still it's rare enough to be a non-issue and he shouldn't be worried about that.

The second, and more direct way of reading it, is that he think's a lot of victims are liars and that because he's a relatively well-known celebrity he'll be falsely accused of something (in this way of reading it we assume he meant being accused of being a "rapist" litteraly, rather than just an exaguration of coming across as a creep) for just talking to a woman and says a lot about how he views women and the #metoo movement, which is pretty unforgivable if that's what he truly meant. It would also say a lot as well that what he views as courtship could be misinterpreted as rape.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
"I understand how he feels. False accusations are so scary and can be career-ending!", they say. But, are they?

How many actual real-life examples do we have of famous men having their "careers ruined" by provenly false* accusations?

How many actual real-life examples do we have of famous men NOT having their careers ruined, and in fact, getting away with everything they did for years and years, by non-false accusations?

* Note, "not enough evidence to go to trial" isn't the same as "false"

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
The accusations are so career ending it took over 30 years and nearly a hundred women to take out Bill Cosby!
Like in what reality people are living that 1 accusation is the end of the world?

Doesn't mean he is guilty though, which is my point, if different people accuse you I may understand
So if I get this right we should only be wary of idiots who leave enough trails to be prosecuted and serial abusers?

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Drive-by post.
It would be interesting to see if may of the dog pile posters in this thread would pass each others purity tests or even their own. I think not.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
It's a problem even if it's hyperbole.

My post explained why, yet you responded with "but it's just hyperbole".

Here:

So yeh, please read my posts properly before you reply to them. It clearly explains why the line you wrote quoted above is rubbish.
I literally answered you, you just don't see it.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It would be interesting to see if may of the dog pile posters in this thread would pass each others purity tests or even their own. I think not.
Being decent to people is a "purity test"?
Sometimes I wonder if some people haven't been raised by wolves...
And I say wolves I should really mean parasites, like actual parasites that feed off hosts.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
You can wait for the investigation or whatever to be over before condemning someone. I believe it is Enzo Amore who was accused, lost his job, and then the story was proven false. You can listen to the victim without condemning the dude immediately

Other shit aside Enzo was never fired due to the accusation or fallout from the case. He got fired for not telling his company about it because he knew he would have been placed on leave until the case was fully processed when they were building a division around him.

I mean, if think men's lives being ruined due to false rape allegations when they're never judge as guilty by the criminal justice system is a really common thing then you must have more evidence/examples than Enzo? Because I think of a whole bunch of male celebs who've clearly been guilty of abusing women who're still doing pretty well for themselves from Chris Brown to Polanski to Trump to fucking Issei Sagawa.

Last edited:

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Misogyny. Unfounded fear-mongering about women filing false rape accusations.
This forum is another level, if you actually read what he's saying it's about potentially being falsely accused of doing something he didn't do just because he's a man in the spotlight, if I was famous I'd avoid women like the plague, all it would take is one woman to be turned down or had a few dates and decided it doesn't feel right for a woman who is slightly crazy to lose her shit (I'm not talking about all women so don't try and start some debate on this) all because a famous person turned her down, and in the current climate it's not a bad thing.

Just like feminism, most feminists are decent people that are fighting for equal rights between men and women and absolutely deserve it, and yet you'll have that small minority that brings Feminism a bad name.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This forum is another level, if you actually read what he's saying it's about potentially being falsely accused of doing something he didn't do just because he's a man in the spotlight, if I was famous I'd avoid women like the plague, all it would take is one woman to be turned down or had a few dates and decided it doesn't feel right for a woman who is slightly crazy to lose her shit (I'm not talking about all women so don't try and start some debate on this) all because a famous person turned her down, and in the current climate it's not a bad thing.

Just like feminism, most feminists are decent people that are fighting for equal rights between men and women and absolutely deserve it, and yet you'll have that small minority that brings Feminism a bad name.

Oh look, another one.

Edit: I hope it was worth it.

Last edited:

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
The accusations are so career ending it took over 30 years and nearly a hundred women to take out Bill Cosby!
Like in what reality people are living that 1 accusation is the end of the world?

So if I get this right we should only be wary of idiots who leave enough trails to be prosecuted and serial abusers?
No, I'm not talking about being wary, but condemning them you have the right to be suspicious but there' a reason why we have trials and the justice sysyem is the way it is

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017

Yikes. Some how this thread keeps getting worse. Surprised it hasn't been locked tbh. That sea of bans is gonna keep growing.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017

OOOOOOKEEDOKEEEE

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
Other shit aside Enzo was never fired due to the accusation or fallout from the case. He got fired for not telling his company about it because he knew he would have been placed on leave until the case was fully processed when they were building a division around him?

I mean, if think men's lives being ruined due to false rape allegations when they're never judge as guilty by the criminal justice system is a really common thing then you must have more evidence/examples than Enzo? Because I think of a whole bunch of male celebs who've clearly been guilty of abusing women who're still doing pretty well for themselves from Chris Brown to Trump to fucking Issei Sagawa.
Brown was condemned, his fan chose to let it go, it's different, and I believe Trump's cases are still ongoing

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
No, I'm not talking about being wary, but condemning them you have the right to be suspicious but there' a reason why we have trials and the justice sysyem is the way it is
Justice system is the way it is because lawmakers want to curtail behavior and the judges are there to make sure laws are respected.
It's neither perfect by design or in practice.
That it takes dozens of victims to make famous serial abusers fall is something straight out of the onion.
Someone like Weinstein is STILL not in jail after decades of abuse, to claim that the justice system is doing anything close to justice is baffling, might as well claim the EPA is currently protecting the environment.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017

This is not at all what he said in that interview, lol.