• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which was the worst character in B vs S?

• Ben Affeck's Batman

Votes: 351 59.9%
  • Henry Cavill's Superman

Votes: 235 40.1%

• Total voters

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
The poll choices should be renamed to Snyder's Superman and Snyder's Batman, because both actors are exceptional when given a good script and good direction. Neither of them were at fault for the terrible Superman and bad Batman in MoS, BvS, or JL

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
The Murderman was worse
What's Michael Keaton got to do with this?

batman-returns-2.gif

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
What's Michael Keaton got to do with this?

batman-returns-2.gif
Yeah that was bad as well.
What is it with movie Batmen killing people.

Its like there are two basic things that are always been true for 99.9% of Batman's history.
He doesn't use guns and he doesn't kill people.
And somehow the movies can't even get that straight.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
BVS: Crazy murderer Batman was awesome. Incredibly sad Superman was not.

Justice League: Superman being Superman towards the end was awesome. Batman doing nothing but talking about how much he loved Superman was not.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
Both were great.

Bruce Wayne running head first into black zero at the beginning of BvS is one of the most Batman things put to film ever.

I came in here to say this. I got hyped off the initial trailer because that scene conveyed to me that Snyder GOT Batman the same way Bruce Timm did. Of course Bruce Wayne would be running towards the danger everyone else is running away from.

Boy was I wrong on Snyder.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
Yeah that was bad as well.
What is it with movie Batmen killing people.

Its like there are two basic things that are always been true for 99.9% of Batman's history.
He doesn't use guns and he doesn't kill people.
And somehow the movies can't even get that straight.

You can thank a mix of the comics but really BTAS and Justice League for hammering in Batman's No Kill rule on 90s babies. A lot of our initial experience with Batman was that Cartoon.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
You can thank a mix of the comics but really BTAS and Justice League for hammering in Batman's No Kill rule on 90s babies. A lot of our initial experience with Batman was that Cartoon.
90s babies is a bit harsh.
Batman's no kill rule has been around since about the late 40s.

But anyway the redition of Superman was equally bad but for different reasons.
I don't wan't to watch a depressed, depressing, miserable Superman.
I want a happy, nice guy Superman, who doesn't help people out of obligation, but because he's a nice well adjusted guy who wants to help.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
If you're talking about BvS Batman came out of it better. Superman was a cold alien that got pushed around for the whole film.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The actors and their embodiment of the characters were fine. It's the script they worked with that sucked.

Compare them to Eisenberg's Luthor and Leto's Joker, each who does a bad job embodying the character in addition to working with a terrible script.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Performance wise they were fine. It's impossible to deliver a truly great performance with what they had.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think they were god awful, the films were just awful. I'm not a great fan of Cavill anyway, works for the Witcher though. I liked Affleck as Bruce more than Batman easily.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Superman was worse, but only because the direction given was awful. Cavill could have been an amazing Superman.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Give either of them a half-decent movie to work with and I'm 100% sure they'd both shine. Sad we'll never actually get that chance.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Cavill did his best with what he was given.

Affleck is the best cinematic Batman we've ever gotten.

Your poll sucks.

Jean Valjean

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel sorry for Cavill. Well, not really. But I think he really wanted to portray Superman, unfortunately Snyder gave him... that.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
They were both pretty good with what they were given. Superman could have been less glum, and Batman less murdery.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Both performances were fine...

It was the script/editing that really brought them down in both Man of Steel and BvS.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think either performances were particularly bad, but rather bad films instead.

With silly dialogue, and dodgy CGI, ofc.

Oct 27, 2017
The actors were fine but the Snyder did not understand these characters at all, murder batman being the worst of it. I can kind of forgive the Burton ones for batman kills cause those are just ridiculously campy movies.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Well Cavill had an extra movie, are we comparing them in BvS? JL? Personally I didn't find Affleck that great as Batman. I no comic buff so my opinions are purely based of off previous batman/superman films

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I liked them both in their roles, but Superman being such a misanthrope bothered me a lot more. Shame they never got to show what they were truly capable of with better writing and direction.

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
Affleck's Batman was the worst written Batman ever filmed.
But it wasn't Ben's fault.

This. Affleck actually looks the part and can display the right amount of brooding intensity. He was well cast, but the material let him down completely.

As opposed to Caville, where the material just let him down mostly.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
If The Witcher proved anything to me is that Superman being weird as hell wasn't Henry Calvin's fault. And I already know Ben Affleck can act so I'll blame writing and direction for Batman v Superman.

Nov 30, 2017
Uhm, how is a poll that presupposes that the participant deems both interprations bad and one worse than the other not biased? I don't think they were bad so my opinion is not mirrored by the poll options. Not exactly hard to grasp.

Because resetera always posts negative threads. "Thing is the worst thing ever", Thing is way overrated", Thing is worse than other thing and people are weird", "Can't believe people like Thing" etc... This is ERA.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ichthyosaurus

Copying my thread for this topic just doesn't work, because Superman and Batman's performances aren't particularly bad, their just working with a not great script.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Batman because branding the criminals makes Batman look like a sadist and puts his sign on criminals because he wants recognition, not because of doing the right theme. Snogging Harely Quinn, of corse it was CPR... and his paranoia, "if there's a 1% chance, we must treat it as an absolute certainty..." you can say he's aged and hurt by losing Robin, whatever he's not very likeable.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smh

Which is better cake or burning turds?

I swear some of y'all need the lord in your life

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
People hate on Affleck's Batman, but Cavill's Superman was just so goddamn boring. And to me that's the biggest sin of all.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They were both real good, especially Henry Cavill. You can say whatever you want about BvS and JL but nothing about what made them bad had to do with those two.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
They did the best with what they had to work with. Better directors/writers would have helped elevate their characters.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Superman literally spent the entire movie bitching about batman beating up criminals too hard, while the start of the movie literally has superman murdering a terrorist by flying him through like 3 brick walls at the speed of sound (not to mention metropolis). Fucking hypocrite.