• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ninezeroone

Oct 27, 2017
Here are the Games Coming Exclusively to Xbox in 2021 - Xbox Wire
2021 will be a fantastic year to be an Xbox fan. The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S have launched, so we're officially going full steam ahead into the next generation of gaming. Catch ya later, 2020!

Of course, no matter the year, it's always about the games. In 2021, creators around the world will tap deeper into the power of Xbox Series X|S and bring a massive variety of content to Xbox players. We anticipate this to be the most exciting generation yet for developers and players alike, with something for every kind of gamer. While we have so much more in store, both from our talented partners and our creative teams at Microsoft, we figured that now would be the perfect time to take a closer look at the announced games that are launching as console exclusives on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One X|S.

• Adios
  • The Artful Escape
  • The Ascent
  • The Big Con
  • CrossfireX
  • Dead Static Drive
  • Echo Generation
  • ExoMecha
  • Exo One
  • The Gunk
  • Halo Infinite
  • The Last Stop
  • Lake
  • Little Witch in the Woods
  • The Medium
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Psychonauts 2 (not console exclusive, MS included it because it's launching on Game Pass)
  • RPG Time
  • Sable
  • Scorn
  • She Dreams Elsewhere
  • Shredders
  • Song of Iron
  • Tunic
  • Twelve Minutes
  • Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy
  • Warhammer 40K: Darktide
  • Way to the Woods
  • The Wild at Heart
  • The Yakuza Remastered Collection
Description of each game is at the source.

Last edited:

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Console Wars, Long history of repeated behavior
When you have to pad an article about exclusive games with multiplatform games like Yakuza Collection, Yakuza 6 and Psychonauts 2, you see there's not much going on.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza collection is an xbox exclusive? and I really hope there's more because this list is weak as hell.

Abuguet

Apr 23, 2019
Tunic looks nice. I'll wait and see if there's more reason to but an Xbox in 2022.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I read the bit on Yakuza a few times and I'm not sure what part of that is exclusive

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
lol at the inclusion of the Yakuza Remastered Collection and Yakuza 6. I guess Xbox One is technically the only console they're coming to in 2021, but it's already on PS4, so that's a pretty lame inclusion.

Also why include Psychonauts 2 at all if it's supposed to be a list of exclusives?

Edit: Little Witch in the Woods was a good get:

Funnily enough, I got in touch with the developer back when we first covered it in November 2019 to confirm the platforms. At the time I was told, "Steam is sure, I'm trying to release it on Nintendo Switch and PS4."

Edit 2: She Dreams Elsewhere is on the list, which is also coming to Switch. (Unless they cancelled that version since it was last announced in August 2020. But that announcement was that the game would launch on Xbox One, Switch, and PC and Mac in early 2021.)

Last edited:

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
That list is pretty depressing. I guess my X1X will live another year in my entertainment center.

Any interesting new info in any of the description blurbs?

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Yakuza collection is an xbox exclusive? and I really hope there's more because this list is weak as hell.
It's coming to Xbox Exclusively in 2021... because it's already released elsewhere previously.

There are quite a few games on that list like that.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not a lot of big blockbusters in there but many of these indies look very interesting and have a lot of potential. We will also be able to play them all Day 1 on Game Pass. It's going to be a great year on Xbox. Bad article though since they add non-exclusives.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can't wait for the Gunk and infinite

But the real big games besides halo, are 2022 and beyond. In the mean time, there's gamepass with all the third party games

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
This should probably be highlighted from that : While we have so much more in store, both from our talented partners and our creative teams at Microsoft, we figured that now would be the perfect time to take a closer look at the announced games that are launching as console exclusives on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One X|S.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not hating, but i can see why they bought Bethesda and delayed Halo. Its gonna do them more good in 2021.

But yeah its gonna be interesting what they announce this year.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
What was Xbox expecting to release in 2021 if Halo Infinite would have met its original release target? The year is still in its infancy but it seems very weird.

Jul 1, 2020
Why did they not just call it "Games launching on Gamepass in 2021"? I'm pretty sure almost all of those games are on Gamepass day 1 and calling it a list of exclusives while having fully multiplatform games on it doesn't make sense.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are some games I'm super interested in like The Ascent, Scorn and Psychonauts but ultimately thats kinda a disappointing list tbh.

Only one real first party game? Sheesh

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Ascent looks fun!

And I will die on a hill that Starfield will end up being holiday 2021.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
These lists never mean much. Lots of games are still not announced, and some other games can be delayed or shifted around.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Sable, Tunic, and Twelve Minutes look dope but lol at the Psychonauts inclusion.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
What was Xbox expecting to release in 2021 if Halo Infinite would have met its original release target? The year is still in its infancy but it seems very weird.

If Halo Infinite had met it's original release date, other games would too. Games that would release in 2021 but probably will be pushed to 2022.

Also, I doubt those are the only exclusive games Microsoft will release this year. They wouldn't announce Forza Horizon 5 or anything like that in a blog post listing other games.