• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
How do people watch any of this? I get like 30 seconds in...1 minute max.

I'd rather watch paint dry.

I also don't want to give half the stuff I see on Youtube any clicks afterwards. Do they make money off this stuff?

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
destiny is BFFs with trainwreckztv aka "you're only playing DPS because you have something to prove [woman]" to think destiny is worth anything is to believe in his bigotry and associating with bigotry.
This again..
Destiny is friends with Trainwreckz and uses his platform (Scuffed Podcast) to frequently shut down any misogynistic or incel arguments Trainwreckz or his other guests make. Would you rather he burn that bridge and let Trainwreckz or Slicker or whoever run their mouth unopposed to 20k-40k viewers that they get?

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny is the guy that was banned for using homophobic slurs and calling someone a retard, right? It's kinda hard for me to take someone seriously, no matter how woke their ideals might be, when they're just casually using words like that.

Maybe I'm misremembering. I'm sure someone can correct me.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
This again..
Destiny is friends with Trainwreckz and uses his platform (Scuffed Podcast) to frequently shut down any misogynistic or incel arguments Trainwreckz or his other guests make. Would you rather he burn that bridge and let Trainwreckz or Slicker or whoever run their mouth unopposed to 20k-40k viewers that they get?
if youre friends with a person like trainwrecks the you tolerate bigotry. you aint fighting anything when you associate with him.

'The Left will eat itself' is such a true statement. Doesn't bode well for the future.
when someone makes bigoted jokes then they arent left so no left were eaten here. :)

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I mean I think having a powerful voice pushing back against bigotry in a space where it is probably more prevalent than most is probably a good thing, if you're against that well I'm not sure what to tell you.
i am not against that, but he is still a bigot. its quite obvious he is only doing it because it makes him money. he'd be stanning for the right if it made him as much consistent money.

hes a fool. better folks proping out the left out there. not hard to find either. but theyre not hating on minorities so they arent as popular it seems.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i am not against that, but he is still a bigot. its quite obvious he is only doing it because it makes him money. he'd be stanning for the right if it made him as much consistent money.
Ummm...have you been to the internet lately?
Dave Rubin has 995,000 subscribers
Steven Crowder has 3.7 million subs
Paul Joseph Watson has 1.6 million subs
Jordan Peterson has 1.9 million subs

Destiny has....198,000

But sure, this former conservative internet gamerbro edge lord is now making left leaning content because of all the money in it. Nice self own.

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

hes a fool. better folks proping out the left out there. not hard to find either. but theyre not hating on minorities so they arent as popular it seems.

What fantasy world do you live in where being a left leaning voice is more profitable than a right leaning voice?

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017

Lolwut

He'd be making *far* more money if he was on the right.

And hating on minorities by defending and advocating for them at every opportunity?! You're in over your head here chief.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
right leaning has a good chance of being deplatformed. think jontron and else are swimming in destiny cash atm?
Jontron's last 3 videos:
Vid 1 - 22 hours ago - 1.9 Mil views
Vid 2 - 1 week ago - 1.9 Mil views
Vid 3 - 2 weeks ago - 4.2 Mil views

I dunno, chief. You tell me. I'm not big brained enough for math.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Lolwut

He'd be making *far* more money if he was on the right.

And hating on minorities by defending and advocating for them at every opportunity?! You're in over your head here chief.
dude literally admits he makes bigoted jokes in private with "non-bigot" friends. so vile are these jokes he'd be banned and career ruined if they leaked.

why y'all defend a self-admitted bigot?

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
dude literally admits he makes bigoted jokes in private with "non-bigot" friends. so vile are these jokes he'd be banned and career ruined if they leaked.

Here's the definition of 'bigot' from Merriam Webster.

Definition of bigot. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Try again, chief.

Oh shit wait, you're the guy that trolls every thread he's in. I understand now.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Here's the definition of 'bigot' from Merriam Webster.

Definition of bigot. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Try again, chief.

Oh shit wait, you're the guy that trolls every thread he's in. I understand now.
you're saying someone who admittedly says bigoted things in private is not a bigot?

interesting.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Because on one hand, maybe he makes "lol Indians shit on the streets" jokes with his friends in private - something which I'll never even know is happening, and is something that is in no way ever going to harm me or my people. On the other hand, he debates real race realists on their platform - y'know people who unironically think my race or people are inferior, and makes a fool out of them and pokes holes in their arguments, well, that can likely lead to better outcomes for my people..

If the exchange for getting a powerful voice combating the alt right and race realists with verbal bodyslams is to have a 5'8 white manlet make racist jokes in private that will never leave his home and come back to me, I'm okay with it. I don't know what minority you are, Spatula, but please don't tell me who or what to get offended by, or who or not to 'stan'.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Because on one hand, maybe he makes "lol Indians shit on the streets" jokes with his friends in private - something which I'll never even know is happening, and is something that is in no way ever going to harm me or my people. On the other hand, he debates real race realists on their platform - y'know people who unironically think my race or people are inferior, and makes a fool out of them and pokes holes in their arguments, well, that can likely lead to better outcomes for my people..

If the exchange for getting a powerful voice combating the alt right and race realists with verbal bodyslams is to have a 5'8 white manlet make racist jokes in private that will never leave his home and come back to me, I'm okay with it. I don't know what minority you are, Spatula, but please don't tell me who or what to get offended by, or who or not to 'stan'.
but it does leave home. he is saying it is OK to be bigoted if you're careful and not caught. what a message to believe in.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I'm saying you can tell, from 5 minutes watching one of his debates, he quite clearly doesn't treat any ethic group with hatred or intolerance.
but then he turns off his stream and makes bigoted jokes with his non-bigot friends because he is cool with women and minorities. he only does it in private because he even acknowledges it would ruin his career. clearly not a bigot.

Oct 28, 2017
right leaning has a good chance of being deplatformed. think jontron and else are swimming in destiny cash atm?

You might want to go take a gander at those view counts. Destiny may as well be swimming in a kiddie pool compared to the vast oceans of cash Jontron is bringing in.

Here's the thing. It is absolutely hypocritical to criticise public bigotry while making racist remarks in private. Even so, I lean towards the utilitarian proposition that he is engendering a net positive effect on society despite his faults.

That, and frankly speaking, I'm not convinced that the self-righteous criticism leveraged against left-leaning voices on this forum doesn't itself come from a place of hypocrisy.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You might want to go take a gander at those view counts. Destiny may as well be swimming in a kiddie pool compared to the vast oceans of cash Jontron is bringing in.

Here's the thing. It is absolutely hypocritical to criticise public bigotry while making racist remarks in private. Even so, I lean towards the utilitarian proposition that he is engendering a net positive effect on society despite his faults.

That, and frankly speaking, I'm not convinced that the self-righteous criticism leveraged against left-leaning voices on this forum doesn't itself come from a place of hypocrisy.
Destiny makes majority of money off twitch. He typically has 4-12k viewers. Prob makes more then Jon Tron now tbh

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017

how can anyone be close to left leaning if theyre a self admitted bigot? youd think that would make people pause and say, "wait, what did you just say about black people?" i dont believe bigots are part of the left.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Can you people stop giving Subpar any time? He is not arguing in good faith, at all.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
but it does leave home. he is saying it is OK to be bigoted if you're careful and not caught. what a message to believe in.
That's not what he's saying. He's saying he makes racist jokes with friends who he knows are not racist, and are probably of the minority of the joke he's making. For example, he hangs out with the OfflineTV group, a group of mostly koreans. And I'm guessing he pushes their buttons with racist korean jokes, and they don't mind because they're friends. If your conspiracy theory of him pandering to the left for money were true, why would he even admit doing this? Why not just pretend that you're a paragon of virtue?

But let's be reductive and let's assume he means what you say he means. Okay, what's the alternative? I like Contrapoints as much as the next guy but screaming 'YAASSSS QWEEEEN' from the rooftops isn't going to deradicalize alt right transphobes stuck in the alt right pipeline. Destiny has a chance of reaching people that H Bomberguy, Contrapoints, Philosphy Tube, Shaun or even Hasan Piker will never reach.

Because Destiny doesn't mind jumping into the mud to debate the absolute dregs of society. The dregs, who unfortunately, have really loud voices on social media right now.

seems you dont have an argument left in you. you clearly know hes a bigot. strange to even defend his bigotry as not bigotry.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Can you people stop giving Subpar any time? He is not arguing in good faith, at all.
I would love to see Subpar hop into the D.GG discord and discuss this with Steven but I think they don't have the cojones for that.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Destiny sounds like a person who likes to hear himself talk. More interested in winning the debates instead of actually believing what he says.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
its quite obvious he is only doing it because it makes him money. he'd be stanning for the right if it made him as much consistent money.

Have to disagree on this. There's a far bigger audience on these platforms for right-wing and hateful content.

He has also moved his audience to the left, which takes more effort than just pandering to it.

-Not defending everything else regarding him though.

Last edited:

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
That's not what he's saying. He's saying he makes racist jokes with friends who he knows are not racist, and are probably of the minority of the joke he's making. For example, he hangs out with the OfflineTV group, a group of mostly koreans. And I'm guessing he pushes their buttons with racist korean jokes, and they don't mind because they're friends. If your conspiracy theory of him pandering to the left for money were true, why would he even admit doing this? Why not just pretend that you're a paragon of virtue?

But let's be reductive and let's assume he means what you say he means. Okay, what's the alternative? I like Contrapoints as much as the next guy but screaming 'YAASSSS QWEEEEN' from the rooftops isn't going to deradicalize alt right transphobes stuck in the alt right pipeline. Destiny has a chance of reaching people that H Bomberguy, Contrapoints, Philosphy Tube, Shaun or even Hasan Piker will never reach.

Because Destiny doesn't mind jumping into the mud to debate the absolute dregs of society. The dregs, who unfortunately, have really loud voices on social media right now.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
you guys cant keep saying he is a net positiveto society. how do you even know? where are all the reformed right in droves saying it was because of destiny?

lots of "left leaning" folks debate with the right. maher, harris, etc. doesnt mean we gotta entertain their bs just because their high iq ways may lead a few back.

To quote Cap, I could do this all day. But there's only one way to deal with a troll.
i am trolling because i am calling destiny a bigot because he admits to it? jesus.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is the goal of the left to maintain and increase the power of the politicians associated with the left, is it to achieve particular ethically-motivated goals, or is there another reason for it?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So it's cool because he has "insert minority" friends or has a "insert minorty" pass? Is the bar that low that we need to champion people that shit on minorities behind closed doors? Nah this ain't it chief. Bigority is a cancer, tolerating any of it only allows it to spread and infect

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you guys cant keep saying he is a net positiveto society. how do you even know? where are all the reformed right in droves saying it was because of destiny?

lots of "left leaning" folks debate with the right. maher, harris, etc. doesnt mean we gotta entertain their bs just because their high iq ways may lead a few back.

i am trolling because i am calling destiny a bigot because he admits to it? jesus.

If you dig far enough back on Neogaf, you could find me devil's advocating Gamergate right when it started. Destiny is a BIG reason why I'm not a KotakuInAction-reader or a capitalism apologist now. There are tons of people in his subreddit who used to be right but are now left leaning. Also, I'm sure the Faraday Speaks video has been linked in this thread.

Also, now I ABSOLUTELY think you're trolling. Because you mentioned Maher and Harris as left leaning and analogous to Destiny. Destiny is way left of both of those. Those guys are free speech absolutists who cry about college campuses and shit. And doesn't Harris post islamophobic content? Destiny is the kinda guy who would absolutely obliterate their views on stream.

Furthermore, Contrapoints, Hasan Piker, and H.Bomberguy are all friends with Destiny. If the left's favorite Trans youtube, TYT's resident Commie, and the guy who made Donkey Kong an ally feel like Destiny passes their standard to be a friend, who the fuck is Subpar Spatula to say otherwise?

So it's cool because he has "insert minority" friends or has a "insert minorty" pass? Is the bar that low that we need to champion people that shit on minorities behind closed doors? Nah this ain't it chief. Bigority is a cancer, tolerating any of it only allows it to spread and infect
Unfortunately, the bar is that low. Unless someone else steps up to the challenge, I'm okay with Destiny being a necessary evil.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
If you dig far enough back on Neogaf, you could find me devil's advocating Gamergate right when it started. Destiny is a BIG reason why I'm not a KotakuInAction-reader or a capitalism apologist now. There are tons of people in his subreddit who used to be right but are now left leaning. Also, I'm sure the Faraday Speaks video has been linked in this thread.

Also, now I ABSOLUTELY think you're trolling. Because you mentioned Maher and Harris as left leaning and analogous to Destiny. Destiny is way left of both of those. Those guys are free speech absolutists who cry about college campuses and shit. And doesn't Harris post islamophobic content? Destiny is the kinda guy who would absolutely obliterate their views on stream.

Furthermore, Contrapoints, Hasan Piker, and H.Bomberguy are all friends with Destiny. If the left's favorite Trans youtube, TYT's resident Commie, and the guy who made Donkey Kong an ally feel like Destiny passes their standard to be a friend, who the fuck is Subpar Spatula to say otherwise?

Unfortunately, the bar is that low. Unless someone else steps up to the challenge, I'm okay with Destiny being a necessary evil.
maher and the rest hid their shit long ago. people talked about their bigotry before but maher, harris and the rest are finally under the spotlight cause those topics are being forced on them to be talked about. if someone interviewes destiny about his bigotry, I suspect hed be getting the same treatment as those guys cause destiny is unapologetically bigoted.

it doesnt matter if he is friends with those youtubers. if they let his bigotry slide then that is more telling about them. however, that leftist youtube photo does kind of explain a lot (majority white if i recall).

shouldnt be that hard to say hes bigoted if even himself admits to doing bigoted things.

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

The funny part is plenty of people have called in and told them that he specifically did just that, pulled them away from the alt-right. Which is how people know you're trolling. Unless your argument is that he planted these people lol

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Being utilitarian. He doesn't actually care for minorities etc, he's just going along as it's a net benefit. As soon as he doesn't see it that way I feel he'd happily turn his ire elsewhere

To clarify - By that I mean that he seems, and has stated, that he doesn't seem to have any interest in progressive ideals outside of what will benefit himself or society as a whole (which on the face of it presents no real problem).

However, I feel he mainly does what he does to address bad arguments and a lack of critical thinking underpinned by monetisation of this (again on the face of it not a problem)

My main issue is that he will abandon this as soon as it's not convenient or profitable

Regardless, he is a useful tool at present. Not an ally

Destiny could make so much more money than he does now if he were an anti-SJW Ben Shapiro type. Destiny cares about what is right and true so as long as progressive values are right and true I would assume he'll continue to support them. Are we under the impression that progressivism will suddenly become illogical and false?

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Destiny could make so much more money than he does now if he were an anti-SJW Ben Shapiro type. Destiny cares about what is right and true so as long as progressive values are right and true I would assume he'll continue to support them. Are we under the impression that progressivism will suddenly become illogical and false?
You are correct, earlier I was struggling to put across how I feel about him and admittedly I still have to think about it.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Let me ask you, what are your thoughts about calling a white person a cracker? What are the long term ramifications, the societal impact of using that word in public around other people? Would you consider someone who uses the word cracker in a joke to be an unredeemable bigot?