• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like they cant read. Im guessing these are real nba players? They probably cant read

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So efficient they did it all in one take.

j3I7mn-pZ5Fx-GYyLb4hoJzE5Cw=.gif

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll see your video clip and raise you this...

"I know you guys are having fun, but could you stop a sec and tell me why I'm involved with this?"

"What?! You can't say stuff like that! You could ruin your reputation."

Shizuku's voice actress going off-script there to give her feelings on the production, LOL

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
2:01

Markieff Morris :" Yo. wut's going un-tonight? I'm runningfreeall..all over the court.. and you didn'tgiveme therock. "

Shaq: "Man, what are you talking about?!"

That made me laugh pretty hard. Granted, these are voiced by real basketball players, and most of these guys are not professional or even amateur voice actors. Shaq sounds fine, because he has been in TV shows, movies, and even had a rap career. He has some experience with acting.

Still not the worst I have heard, but pretty bad regardless.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
Even if these lines were well delivered does anyone enjoy the phony generic pro-athlete post-game interview dialogue in the first place?

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Those were the actual players reading their lines. Saying this with no hyperbole, is that the new careermode in the upcoming 2k? Because if it is I'm passing this year, I exclusively play career mode and I could not deal with hours of that
That's one of the earlier NBA 2K games from this gen, which is probably why they moved to having most of the people speaking be real actors or voice actors in future games with real players at a minimum. They really should've done the work to find players that would be good at it, especially with how many podcasts are out there hosted by real players.

Last edited:

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Is that definitely real? Because it sounds like those videos poeple do of bands performing live but with a deliberately terrible version of the song dubbed over the actual performance

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
2:01

Markieff Morris :" Yo. wut's going un-tonight? I'm runningfreeall..all over the court.. and you didn'tgiveme therock. "

Shaq: "Man, what are you talking about?!"

That made me laugh pretty hard. Granted, these are voiced by real basketball players, and most of these guys are not professional or even amateur voice actors. Shaq sounds fine, because he has been in TV shows, movies, and even had a rap career. He has some experience with acting.

Still not the worst I have heard, but pretty bad regardless.
That wasn't really Shaq. The person playing the game just made that the name of their player.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus lmao. The Dimitri Vegas skin on MK11 is comedy gold also.

Jan 15, 2018
It's pretty bad on multiple levels, since it's bad voice acting and makes these players seem like they can barely even form a coherent sentence.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
That's just Basket Ball players reading from a script for a Basket Ball game...... some of these other examples in this thread are worse.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

This is up there for me.

*dancers get set on fire and transform into vampires*
"Wow this is an incredibly horror show, eh?" *voice actress bursts out laughing*
*guy gets his neck bit off by vampire*
"NO! THIS IS REAL!"

Last edited: