• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Sirs, have you all not heard of Ride to Hell: Retribution?

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, usually "worst ever" is an exaggeration when shit like drunk Dr. Light exists, but that really might be the worst ever.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Shenmue 1 and 2 in English is a total assault for your ears, even more so when you've been used to hearing the original Japanese voices.

Lyml from Star Ocean TLH is pretty....awful too, also those twins, lol.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Goodness gracious. You can actually hear the parts where they're reading from the script and get a word wrong.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
You tend to see a lot of the same examples come up in these threads so I'm surprised that not only is this a new gem but it's also a strong contender for the title of worst voice acting.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A lot of these always sound like they just want to end their lives. I'm no voice actor, but even i would put more effort into it. Then again, maybe their mediocre pay is the reason why they don't even bother.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, how is it even a contest when this exists
To be absolutely fair, the voice acting in that game was literally thrown together by the tiny western publisher because they wouldn't be allowed certification otherwise and couldn't afford professional talent.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't really call this acting, they're clearly just reading the lines. Can't really blame them, they are athletes first and foremost.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Sounds like they're just reading from a script, and on top of that it also sounds like they can't read properly.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
even by "swinging by the studio to drop a few lines" standards that's pretty god awful. hearing isolated audio i would assume they had a mental impairment or something

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Yep that sounds like basketball players reading lines with a performance director who doesn't give a shit.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
LMFAO that was so bad it looped back on itself and I wanted to see more. How can anyone put that out and go "yep that's good enough to sell"?

Havok

Oct 27, 2017
Northern VA
Some of it sounds perfectly mediocre to fine. I'd say that puts it above something like, oh... Shenmue. It's just all terrible in English Shenmue.