aisback

Oct 27, 2017
The cost will be high.

I am hoping I am wrong though , I hope it doesn't have the "gamer" aesthetic

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully this works more toward affordability for HM designs, instead of just throwing LOGI branding on $1500 chairs.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
Logitech's gaming industrial design and language has definitely refined itself over the years so I'm excited to see what they produce. All of Herman Millers collaborations with outside consultancies have been on-point so I don't see this being a a couple of LED rope light glued to an Aeron.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
almost anything is better than whatever trash fuck twitch shilling gamer nonsense like those dxchairs and all the other rebrands.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
what does it look like? i imagine something like a cross between a eames lounge chair and a f16

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Herman Miller chairs run $1,000+ already. Add on Gamer tag tax and this bitch gonna be expensive as fuck.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
They're gonna be pricey for sure, but I wonder if they're gonna be a bit more affordable than your typical Herman Miller. You'd imagine the vast amounts of the demography would never pay 1000+ dollars/euros for a chair, and the ones that would already have or are looking into getting a "proper" HM (or other ergonomic) chair.

I've yet to come across single chance to grab an affordable HM Aeron in Finland, so if these are somewhere in the 500-700e range and don't look like shit, I'll probably grab one right away.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
1VQBV7X.png

Except $2000.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Herman Miller is amazing. I don't really see why I wouldn't just buy a normal Embody or Aeron chair though. I'm guessing it'll just look more flashy and have weird lights or other dumb features. I'm interested to see this even though I have no desire to buy one to replace my Embody.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really not a fan of any of Logitech's designs these days (especially the gaudy g-series), but this is an interesting collab nonetheless. Curious to see what comes of it.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I'm down for whatever makes gamers learn that current gamer chairs are fucking awful.

reddragon220

Sep 7, 2019
I hope this collaboration would result in a more affordable chair closer to Herman Miller's usually standard of quality. It's nice to see a top tier furniture maker enter the product category. These racing style gamer chairs that took twitch streamers by storm have been a bit overhyped.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I would think this is an attempt to bring elegance and an actual good chair to the "gaming" world. Not for them to make a cheap glow in the dark racing chair.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
We've got these HM chairs at work and they are hands down the worst I've ever sat in. I assumed they'd cheaped out and looked it up and holy crap $1000 for one of these pieces of shit.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's a huge growth market for Herman Miller. They're smart to be pursuing this segment.

We've got these HM chairs at work and they are hands down the worst I've ever sat in. I assumed they'd cheaped out and looked it up and holy crap $1000 for one of these pieces of shit.

HM chairs are well regarded, have great build quality, and keep their value. They may be a bit overrated, but HM is a solid company.

Oct 27, 2017
They're gonna be pricey for sure, but I wonder if they're gonna be a bit more affordable than your typical Herman Miller. You'd imagine the vast amounts of the demography would never pay 1000+ dollars/euros for a chair, and the ones that would already have or are looking into getting a "proper" HM (or other ergonomic) chair.

I've yet to come across single chance to grab an affordable HM Aeron in Finland, so if these are somewhere in the 500-700e range and don't look like shit, I'll probably grab one right away.

I suspect these won't be significantly cheaper than Herman Miller's usual chairs (if at all). I reckon they're going to be aimed at the high-end niche, with the (quite legitimate) reasoning that hey, if you're spending a grand on a graphics card that you'll replace in a few years, why not spend about the same on a chair that will last at least 12 years (that's how long the Herman Miller warranty is).

Though it's not clear why they'd need Logitech for this, outside of marketing purposes.

OP
OP
LiK

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect these won't be significantly cheaper than Herman Miller's usual chairs (if at all). I reckon they're going to be aimed at the high-end niche, with the (quite legitimate) reasoning that hey, if you're spending a grand on a graphics card that you'll replace in a few years, why not spend about the same on a chair that will last at least 12 years (that's how long the Herman Miller warranty is).

Though it's not clear why they'd need Logitech for this, outside of marketing purposes.

Yea, I'm wondering what Logitech's involvement will be aside from marketing purposes.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Hmmm, the price will be interesting.
I found the Aeron really uncomfortable a few years ago when I've tried one, but who knows for this new gear.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm, the price will be interesting.
I found the Aeron really uncomfortable a few years ago when I've tried one, but who knows for this new gear.
Aerons aren't my favorite of their line. They're just the most well known.

Sayl's are much better.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
The tweet says "furniture", but the site says it's just a chair in particular. I was hoping for gaudy gamer™ coffee tables.

i mean razer already makes gamer mugs

058ad1fe780d46850f03f946b5c83145-1500x1000mug_03.jpg

so a gamer coffee table doesn't seem too far fetched

i'm really interested in that chair though

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, I suppose that's why I am... or was a bit hopeful. I guess I'm just confused why they'd team up if they weren't at least trying to breach the current gaming chair market.

Well, either way, my hunt for an Aeron or other similar ergonomic chair in my city continues.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully these will actually be in the realm of affordability and show that you can have a "gaming chair" with good ergonomics (and looks?).

"High-performance furniture" is just a hilarious combination of words.
It's not a new thing for Herman Miller:

(01:37)

It's important to have the right size of chair, and for it to be correctly adjusted to fit you. Ergonomic chairs are not "one size fits all".
That being said, they made some design choices with the Embody that I strongly disliked, and I am glad to have just got rid of one recently.
One of HM's biggest problems is that they try to get too smart with the mechanisms to minimize the amount of adjustments the user has to make, and the chairs are mostly plastic too - which doesn't hold up well over time, and is bad for the environment.

I do need something to replace the Embody, but it's unlikely to be another HM chair.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
If it ends up looking like Herman-Miller chair, but one designed a bit more to accomodate relaxed lounging rather than office productivity (though I'm not sure what that would mean—maybe a headrest?), I could actually be interested.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
If it ends up looking like Herman-Miller chair, but one designed a bit more to accomodate relaxed lounging rather than office productivity (though I'm not sure what that would mean—maybe a headrest?), I could actually be interested.
HM chairs are already built to encourage movement/reclining - see the video above.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
HM chairs are already built to encourage movement/reclining - see the video above.

I have an Aeron already; probably their newer chairs are better in this regard. I think a headrest would also be nice, which I don't think they offer on any of their chairs (I could be wrong)?

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I have an Aeron already; probably their newer chairs are better in this regard. I think a headrest would also be nice, which I don't think they offer on any of their chairs (I could be wrong)?
Yeah, the Aeron is a 26 year-old design, so things have moved on since then.
I do agree about the head rest though. The lack of one in all of their designs is intentional, but sometimes I do just want to lean back against a headrest.