• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Hermen tweeted his cat scratching up the TV with bugsnax, showing the PS5 upside down. He then quickly deletes and reposts with it cropped out.

EpHQxVTXUAMG7pY

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Even people at Sony are confused by the Playstation 5 design :) Funny cat :)

nadbmal

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
To be fair all of his games are probably digital so he never uses the disc drive...
but yes that is hilarious.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Somehow people will also extrapolate a Silent Hill tease from this clip... wont they....

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
I think the biggest design flaw of the PS5, and the single most obvious tell that it was such an afterthought (not counting aesthetics) is the fact that, unless you're eye-level or above eye-level to the PS5, the "lip" pretty much makes it impossible to put a disc in.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
that's actually very unprofessional.

as the head of playstation studios, he should know how it works.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
He should have owned up to it instead of deleting it. It's funny and ultimately harmless (well, maybe not harmless to the hardware lol)

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, this is unacceptable. Did the hashtag #NotMyHermen already start?

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Before I entered this thread, my first guess was a vertical position in upside down (disc tray on top), but this one got me.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Sony probably has one of those "if you show the console it must be in this and this condition or position". Doesn't mean someone would fire him, but maybe he just understands the value of that kind of thing and did the change on his own terms.

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020
What a baffling mistake to make. How can he have literally never seen one set up before?

Also won't get fired wtf. Jesus Christ

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
This reminded me of how I used to intentionally play my GameCube with it upside down, since, in its later years, it would have frequent disc read errors if I didn't.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you play like that the console turns into a PS5 Pro.

Pretty cool, right?

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
NGL, that's pretty ridiculous, he is a PlayStation top executive lmao.

I hope they come with a better design when an eventual revision arrives.