• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
When the site transition was happening, I played a few games with some of y'all through the Discord. I need to do that more often, fun to play on voice chat with people that aren't just my RL friends.

ScrubnMuhTub

Oct 25, 2017
NA
8b7e578b2caf4823a504d3f5e2ff21b9--warcraft--ysera-world-of-warcraft.jpg

Alex is second from left. Deathwing is far right. In-game, Alex is mostly in mortal form, and Deathwing is mostly in dragon form.

They did a pretty good job with Chromie, as far as presentation. I'm interested to see how they bring in Deathwing, and his interactions. He's fiesty.

OP
OP
Mayordolo

Mayordolo

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzcon HGC groups start in 3 hours. That's 11 AM PST or 2 PM EST for NA folks. I don't do EU time, sorry.

The Heroes eSports site did a power ranking of the teams a-la traditional sports before Blizzcon kicks off. https://esports.heroesofthestorm.com/en/news/21147908

#1 Dignitas
#2 Fnatic
#3 MVP Black
#4 Ballistix
#5 Tempest
#6 Team expert
#7 Roll20
#8 Team Freedom
#9 Tempo Storm
#10 Super Perfect Team
#11 CE
#12 Soul Torturers
#13 Deadly Kittens
#14 Dark Sided
#15 RED Canids
#16 Beyond the Game

I'm surprised at Expert over R20 for sure. Also dunno how you put Dig over Fnatic with the way Fnatic has played the second half of the year.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
OP
OP
Mayordolo

Mayordolo

Oct 25, 2017
Will this all be played live in the new Blizzard Arena in LA? In person matches should make for a much more exciting viewing experience.

The group stage matches are streamed but without an audience AFAIK. That's how they did it last year anyway. Perhaps they are doing it with an audience now, I hadn't heard or checked. That'd be neat.

One of these years I'd love to go to Blizzcon. Y'know, when my kids aren't still kids.

I mostly play with close friends and rarely if ever solo queuing but i would be up for games with people here too once i get back. :)

And re: playing HOTS w/ our community in Discord...definitely encourage everyone to keep logging into Discord and playing/chatting. Just because we have a forum again doesn't mean we gotta give that up too.

Let me know if you need an invite for the Discord.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mayordolo

Mayordolo

Oct 25, 2017
Tempo Storm just can't finish games. They have the knack for doing everything right to mid-late game and then...inaction. All year long. That's why I was hoping they wouldn't be the third. Just can't see them actually doing anything without a big shift in philosophy.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Tf def better than ts

Everyone been training tho, hopefully there are a lot of pleasant surprises this tourney

Ts plays too methodically

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
guys... i bought a 1 month stimpack. Those xp/gold rewards are so low without them. THATS HOW THEY GETCHA!

anyway time to binge on heroes again I guess. Also time to not care about wins/losses I guess.

OP
OP
Mayordolo

Mayordolo

Oct 25, 2017

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
We need to swap CG btw, I need to try the other side to see how deep I can go.
Also, one of the thing I learned is that he's really good on certain maps and absolutely awful on others, and especially those bad maps you never know if you can disengage safely without making your team lose since you're worth 2 heroes.

ScrubnMuhTub

Oct 25, 2017
NA
Milly79 , Moe(mura) was killing it on Chromie last night. Carried my sorry ass to victory. Oh the plays. The Ana plays were also hysterical. Skill shot city.

EDIT: I forgot to ask what moniker Moemura prefers to go by.

OP
OP
Mayordolo

Mayordolo

Oct 25, 2017
They know they are gonna lose anyway.

We're in the HGC channel on Discord if you guys wanna hop in.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Garrosh lvl 10, still super fun, and still super madening when people dont focus on your thrown enemies :/

OP
OP
Mayordolo

Mayordolo

Oct 25, 2017
Groups could've definitely used a better set of teams or at least more even set to kick off with.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
It's group of death on Saturday. Ballistix, Dignitas and Roll 20 in one group means *someone* big is going home. Really hoping it's not Dignitas!

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there scuttlebutt that at least one of the NA teams was about to make roster changes and it might affect how well they did? After this I would assume it's TS.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
8b7e578b2caf4823a504d3f5e2ff21b9--warcraft--ysera-world-of-warcraft.jpg

Alex is second from left. Deathwing is far right. In-game, Alex is mostly in mortal form, and Deathwing is mostly in dragon form.

They did a pretty good job with Chromie, as far as presentation. I'm interested to see how they bring in Deathwing, and his interactions. He's fiesty.
I don't play WoW but are the dragons shown in that picture are Nozdormu, Alexstrasza, Ysera, Malygos and Deathwing? I only know of them from Hearthstone.