• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poj

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It's important to have weaknesses, certainly doesn't mean Stukov isn't a good all around healer. I'd go as far as saying he's the best general healer right now.
I'd still go with Lucio as the best right now. But I agree with you that every hero has a weakness. Though you can select talents that increase the range of his abilities.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I tried Stukov for a few games and he didn't really click with me (maybe in part due to the cooldowns on his Q and D not syncing well? And using D too early or too late feels terrible.). I've also tried Lucio in the past and found him sort of dull (though I can totally see why he's strong).

But I've tried Rehgar in the past and enjoyed him quite a bit, plus I have a preference for Warcraft heroes. So I decided to go ahead and buy him; thanks for the tips!

Also, is there a better website for guides than Icy-Veins? They're often adequate for getting an initial understanding of a hero, but I'm kind of looking for more holistic guides (e.g. which heroes are good on which maps, patch analysis, comparisons between heroes of the same type, general game strategy, etc.).

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
With perfect setup maybe but the opposing team ain't gonna line up for your W and Flailing Swipe is a long CD that also leaves stukov stationary for the duration. He doesn't get cleanse like rehgar either.

Rehgar has immediate heals while Stukovs are delayed if you want to hit more than 1 with it. Definitely more burst healing than Lucio though but he is not better at disengaging than him, speedboost and boop are both better tools than stukov W and Swipe.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Stukov for a few games and he didn't really click with me (maybe in part due to the cooldowns on his Q and D not syncing well? And using D too early or too late feels terrible.). I've also tried Lucio in the past and found him sort of dull (though I can totally see why he's strong).

But I've tried Rehgar in the past and enjoyed him quite a bit, plus I have a preference for Warcraft heroes. So I decided to go ahead and buy him; thanks for the tips!

Also, is there a better website for guides than Icy-Veins? They're often adequate for getting an initial understanding of a hero, but I'm kind of looking for more holistic guides (e.g. which heroes are good on which maps, patch analysis, comparisons between heroes of the same type, general game strategy, etc.).

Try heroeshearth.com, filter for pros and note the date the guide was creates. You can also go to masterleague.net and try to see what builds were used in a recent tourney but its a bunch of work

Neat article on comp building in tod: https://heroeshearth.com/b/trickz/read/the-road-to-victory-towers-of-doom/

Last edited:

ScrubnMuhTub

Oct 25, 2017
NA
Somewhat random - when the leaderboard updates I'll be ranked ~45th in the world on the QM leaderboard. I've been grinding QM to level heroes, do some fun/carefree stuff on stream, and climb the leaderboard for arbitrary internet points. I think I'm going to stop messing around and just take Kerrigan to climb to like 3500 or 3550 so I have a cool number to put in my Stream titles.

After that, I might on HL for the rest of this season, maybe, and see if I can make it in to Diamond or on to Masters. I feel pretty good, overall. I think my solo winrate this season is like 67% playing mostly melee heroes. Hell, I went 4-0 with Iron Fist solo Queue Kharazim in QM and that felt pretty awesome, not gonna lie. What do you folks think? The QM Leaderboard doesn't mean too much but it means somethin. Maybe I should just shoot for Masters and use that as enticement for Stream. Masters is like top 3% NA, or something? Diamond is top 7%?

Putting some credibility in the stream titles has picked me up 1-3 of the 18 followers I've gotten so far. Curious if I can make some clickbait titles following a rise in performance based rank/titles in the next few weeks.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Try heroeshearth.com, filter for pros and note the date the guide was creates. You can also go to masterleague.net and try to see what builds were used in a recent tourney but its a bunch of work

Neat article on comp building in tod: https://heroeshearth.com/b/trickz/read/the-road-to-victory-towers-of-doom/

I find HOTS to be a very different game depending what skill level you are. Unless everyone in the game has a high skill level, I find that pro guides can sometimes be paradoxically not helpful. In lower skill levels you can't really rely on your teammates that much. I find playing at a more selfish level at lower skill works really well. For example, playing Gazlowe can you win games but playing a healer with no waveclear means you can do nothing if your team is horrible and keeps diving into team fights and ignoring minions.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
For sure, was recommending it to someone who wanted to move beyond unoptimal builds. In general i dont find pro builds to vary much, and everyone should take builds as a suggestion rather than gospel definitely

ScrubnMuhTub

Oct 25, 2017
NA
I'm with closer . There are plenty of talents that do really well in a vary narrow set of circumstances - some which might only occur in QM. If you feel confident on a hero, don't let any Meta picks stop you if you know there's a hidden advantage.

Some of those picks become the meta much later on. Amateur Opponent comes to mind, among others.

Like most things in life. Use advice as a guide and not a tyrant. :)

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
I find HOTS to be a very different game depending what skill level you are. Unless everyone in the game has a high skill level, I find that pro guides can sometimes be paradoxically not helpful. In lower skill levels you can't really rely on your teammates that much. I find playing at a more selfish level at lower skill works really well. For example, playing Gazlowe can you win games but playing a healer with no waveclear means you can do nothing if your team is horrible and keeps diving into team fights and ignoring minions.
Yeah, at low skill level (QM lol) the Meta is not the same and the talents to picks are not the same.

Read guide only if you want to play serious and make some team ranked.

In QM, just take the talents that suit your playstyle more.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The feeling of playing Hanzo the first time

IllegalGenerousKinglet-size_restricted.gif

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
Blaze is out since a few time now. Sowe had enough time to try him.

So what do you think of him ?

- How would you rate it? ( OP, Tier1,Tier2, Tier 3, Useless...)

*Do you like playing him ?

- What's your favourite build ?

- How do you play it ? Pure tank,Bruiser ...

-Which characters are best to counter him ?

-Which characters does he counter the best ?

- Any advice for newscomers wit him ?

Personaly,i'd place him Tiers 2. He's good, has some engage power, but he could be quite weak.to solo tank for long fights. He has quickly some mana problem. Also talents that lower Healing amount make him really vulnerable.
He's quite fun to play, espescially with a well team. Very usefull to help Chromie place her spells for exemple.
Generaly i take the slowing flaming oïl build. It's easier to slow AND to make some damage. Bunker Ult is fun but not very usefull with som ennemie that could destroy it too quicky.But ic could save a tam from a Cho'gal's ult.
I try to not full tank with him and more "bruise" foes.Engaging, slowing and dealing some damage, then back and retry. When it's possible to focus a mispositioned backlane then GOGOGO!
To counter him, Ana is quit good with lowering Healing grenades. Also he can't survive for long with a full CC team. also hard for him to engage charaters wth great mobility like tracer, Li-ming, Genji, Hanzo or Zeratul.
He's good to counter autoattack heroes like Hammer or Raynor, to engage them reducing their autoattacks

Blaze could solo camp if he wants to, but try not to do that because it's very slow and could be more usefull everywhere else.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I havent played him myself but I think blaze is pretty good. A big part of that is his access to waveclear. Imo the flaming oil slow at 4 is a trap, i would def go the increased oil sloe, 50% is nuts. Personally i think he's potentially tier 1, but yeh havent tried him out yet. He seems to be based around a bunch of contextual decision making (ignite or no? Hold e or no?) so i dont expect his wr to be great but i think hes good.

ScrubnMuhTub

Oct 25, 2017
NA
Queue QM. I get a shithot Zeratul and a pro Ana. I'm Kerrigan. The three of us dominate. Take a level 12 Keep bot on Sun Temple.

Ally Leoric gets to 14 deaths. Ally Zarya is 'solo merc Zarya'. Enemy wins with double Lava Wave after 20 minutes.

Thanks Blizzard for those two awesome warriors.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Queue QM. I get a shithot Zeratul and a pro Ana. I'm Kerrigan. The three of us dominate. Take a level 12 Keep bot on Sun Temple.

Ally Leoric gets to 14 deaths. Ally Zarya is 'solo merc Zarya'. Enemy wins with double Lava Wave after 20 minutes.

Isn't it great when people play characters who have a skill and trait that rely on teammates as soloers.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France

"murky" Leorics are a pain in the ass. Just because the could respawn faster they just don't care to die.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
The problem is dying is bringing exp to opposite team.
Same with murky.
Murky could die and come back quickly. It's good, but a good murky try not to die to often

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I havent played him myself but I think blaze is pretty good. A big part of that is his access to waveclear. Imo the flaming oil slow at 4 is a trap, i would def go the increased oil sloe, 50% is nuts. Personally i think he's potentially tier 1, but yeh havent tried him out yet. He seems to be based around a bunch of contextual decision making (ignite or no? Hold e or no?) so i dont expect his wr to be great but i think hes good.
Oil slow at 4 far and away the highest win rate talent at the tier. Don't think it's a trap.

I love Blaze. He's extremely fun to play, which I can't say about most of our tanks, and I think he's probably tier 2. Not quite as good as ETC, but on the same level as Muradin and Arthas.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Oh woops wrong thread

I prefer the oil area and slow increase and would attribute high numbers for fire slow due to not having to think about it. But i mean im also assuming the tics of dmg you get isnt worth the 20% loss in slow, idea is basically based around that

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
Oh woops wrong thread

I prefer the oil area and slow increase and would attribute high numbers for fire slow due to not having to think about it. But i mean im also assuming the tics of dmg you get isnt worth the 20% loss in slow, idea is basically based around that
Bigger slow is great if you have Mages in your team. More slow is always good for Chromie or Li-Ming for exemple.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i was chatting in discord and only just realized that the fire slow reapplies a slow for another 2.5 secs (rather than overriding orig slow with a worse slow like i thought), so im def ready to eat my words on this, but i do still feel like bigger slow and trait are great

OP
OP
Mayordolo

Mayordolo

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this new hero is Mal'Ganis. Maiev is cool, too, but more heroes that are monsters/villains or not exactly just plain old humanoids is always good. Belial being rumored to come after this would be great as well.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
I hope this new hero is Mal'Ganis. Maiev is cool, too, but more heroes that are monsters/villains or not exactly just plain old humanoids is always good. Belial being rumored to come after this would be great as well.
What kind of heros they would be ?

Assassin ? Tank? Heal? Spec?

I don't know really well the Wow Lore.
Edit: Bélial would probably be a Tank or a Spec.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
finally start to play again. bit of fun! i wish i had an option to hit q, w, or e twice versus clicking the left button on the mouse to confirm. and to cancel a cast, how do you do that? i forgot a lot of crap lol

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
thank you! edit: okay i cant find the quick cast settings... help? edit 2: i see it was in the hotkeys area! ARG i want double tap not release or insta cast :P oh well, ill work with release

Off topic. do we know of any blizzard sales coming up? like for overwatch lol....

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting a tyrande ult change again, cause I think that now that stealth is not really stealth her stealth ult is pretty bad.

As for new heroes, I can dig maeiv.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Possible Leek https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/7sv0zm/upcoming_heroes_list/

So i've been holding these for a while, might as well post them now. All are a few months old and so is subject to change but here are the next few heroes lined up:

Maeiv

Trait - causes bleed effect from basic attacks. The further they move the more damage they take.

(Q) Sinister Strike - Causes bleed and slow

(W) Crystal Prison - Point click 2 second stun. Melee range.

(E) Blink - Slightly shorter than Zeratul blink. Has 3 charges that all refresh at once.

(R1) - Avatar of Vengeance from w3. Summons spirits from minions.

(R2) - Activate to double bleed effect for short time. Passively increases basic attack damage.

Mephisto - basically invoker from dota. 0.2 aps

Trait - can activate the last 3 QWE's to give him bonuses. Can stack the same one 3 times

(Q) Lightning - Gives 10% CC reduction and 0.5 stun on basic attack.

(W) Poison - Gives 10% max hp and dot on attack

(E) Ice - Gives 10% movespeed and 20% slow on attack

His ult lets him cast a different spell depending on what combination of qwe he has on. Each spell has its own cooldown so potentially can cast a bunch of spells in short time. Goes oom super quick though. Has a crazy about of utility but useless till 10.

Doesn't have a second ult.

Dreadlord

Trait - Basic attacks increase attack speed

(Q) Carrion swarm - aoe that damages and heals

(W) Vampiric Aura - Activate to gain 60% lifesteal and give allies 30% lifesteal. Passively gives half benefit.

(E) Shadow Assault - literally Zeratul's old ult

(R1) Instakills target hero and himself, but then respawns them both at altar after 5 seconds. Level 20 gives them full death timer

(R2) Causes an enemies allies to become enemies too (yeah i know lol). Can friendly fire them and basic attack them. Can't heal their allies either because they're enemies. Same with casting things like divine shield. Doesn't work.

Level 20 makes their enemies into allies. Can't basic attack them, can heal them or can cast things like d shield on them accidently.

Imperius

Trait - Basically global falling sword. Long cooldown.

(Q) Light Ray - Summons beam of light in a long line that marks and damages enemies. Vector targeting.

(W) Teleport - Teleports to a marked target and heals. Have 5 seconds to recast as many times as you want. Teleport consumes the mark though.

(E) Impale - Impales the closest enemy on his spear and then throws them. They knock back enemies they hit. Think garrosh throw + haymaker. Only works in a semicircle in front of him though

Mei

Trait: Basic attacks slow enemies over time. Once reaching 100% slow it roots for 2 seconds. Takes about 3 seconds to stack up.

(Q) Toggle Icicles/ice blaster - Toggles between her basic attack modes. The blaster lets her attack while moving but do less damage. The icicles are like normal basic attacks. Icicles do double damage to stunned/rooted targets.

(W) Ice Wall - Creates a destructible wall. Vector targeting.

(E) Ice Block - Literally an ice block that heals.

(R1) Blizzard from overwatch

(R2) Freeze, Don't Move! - point click 5 second stun, but gives them armor. 20 upgrade removes the armor

Edit: Forgot to include imperius ults. One is a burning rage effect with a blind, the other respawns him and refreshes his trait.

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting leaks. I like the idea that Maiev's trait is like a mini Bloodseeker ult from Dota, and I loved Bloodseeker.

Also, Dreadlord has an ult that instagibs himself and an enemy?? That sounds....too strong on paper?

If these are true, then I'll look forward to them!

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting leaks. I like the idea that Maiev's trait is like a mini Bloodseeker ult from Dota, and I loved Bloodseeker.

Also, Dreadlord has an ult that instagibs himself and an enemy?? That sounds....too strong on paper?

If true there's no way that Dreadlord ability has any range at all. It's likely an anti-dive tool.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France

At 10 it's OK, but the Level 20 is clearly too OP.
Start a fight with that and it's a 4vs5 Teamfight for free

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Some of this stuff sounds like a kit I'd come up with, meaning I doubt it's legitimacy, but at the same time I wouldn't be too surprised. Some of the ults in particular sound dumb.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I generally believe leaks that have this much detail, but too many things look wrong here.

- Maiev's Q is called Sinister Strike? Valeera's Q is already called that.
- She gets a point and click stun? I get that it's melee, but Blizzard already said after the Varian fiasco that they were probably going to avoid point and click stuns from now on

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Ya that sounded fishy to me too. Now I'm definitely thinking fake... if it is Maiev that's revealed this week and her kit is exactly what this guy says then we can basically confirm the rest of this is legitimate