• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If we played hots together and you have a Switch, add me

Quote to reveal

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they made QM so you don't get stupid 5v5 assassin matches? What a waste of time this match was. IDC that we won. IDGAF about stupid wins as much as stupid losses.

Oct 25, 2017
No, they turned that off very shortly after it was ever enabled. It slowed down match-making too much, people complained, so we've been back to bad comp matches for ages.

So in other words, community kills game (at least for me). I can't enjoy this shitfest no heal, no warrior, or a combination of the two of a game anymore. That may sound harsh but overwatch is getting role queue soon and I'll just play that instead I guess. And I like HOTS, but not enough to play ranked or even unranked atm. I can enjoy this game on a pretty casual basis, but not if 3/4 games suck because of composition.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So in other words, community kills game (at least for me). I can't enjoy this shitfest no heal, no warrior, or a combination of the two of a game anymore. That may sound harsh but overwatch is getting role queue soon and I'll just play that instead I guess. And I like HOTS, but not enough to play ranked or even unranked atm. I can enjoy this game on a pretty casual basis, but not if 3/4 games suck because of composition.

I completely agree with your sentiment. I've always felt that without a tank and a healer, HotS matches simply aren't fun. Even the ARAM-style brawls aren't fun.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Ya, quickmatch is pretty much a shit show if you want to queue up as an assassin. If you queue in as tank or healer you'll get more normal games obviously. All you can really do to guarantee decent QM comps is to queue with a group and have 1 healer and 1 tank in your group.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
as much as i love the heroes within the blizzard universe, i wish hots ended up on a higher spot in the moba space.
great times have been had.
The problem was simply they took way too long to release... They wanted it to be a cheap side project to Starcraft 2, then they decided way too late that it should be a full on project with it's own dedicated team.

All that said...
9SyO1tH.png

Level 1003, 5516 games played (not counting Alpha and Beta which I had probably a couple hundred games in each as well), approximately 100ish full days of my life (just shy of 2500 hours, again not counting alpha and beta). I think I'm ready to move on. The only other game that has ever been this much of a time sink on my life was World of Warcraft (which is still #1 at probably 200ish days of my life) and Team Fortress 2 (a much more modest 30 or so days).

I'm not dropping out of protest, or from not having enough content... the game is just too big of a time sink, and way too easy for me to blow entire days doing nothing but playing it.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017

I was surprised when she wasn't moved off the team given she was behind orphea's animations that are among the best in the game. I don't think there will be another hero after this one and the game has truly entered maintenance mode.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017

I was surprised when she wasn't moved off the team given she was behind orphea's animations that are among the best in the game. I don't think there will be another hero after this one and the game has truly entered maintenance mode.

ehhh idk about that. They just did an interview with the new game director that said they have several heavy hitter new heroes in development.

HOTS lives on as long as the servers stay up, so my group will probably keep playing it until the day comes that they stop allowing us to play it.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
ehhh idk about that. They just did an interview with the new game director that said they have several heavy hitter new heroes in development.

Oh, that's good news. Things were getting gloomy in here to the point that I preferred the long stretches of nobody posting at all 🙃

I chased down said article:
Will there be a Storm panel at Blizzcon this year?

Jackson: While we have not decided all of the content for it, we are currently planning on having a Heroes panel at Blizzcon this year.

Are you able to give us a tease about future heroes at all? Deathwing seems to be s a staple request among fans...

Jackson: I can say that we are working on multiple heroes currently, though at this time we can't preview who they are just yet!

Very encouraging.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
New hero is a ton of fun btw. Seems like bleed build is the way to go 1-7, the skillshot ult, pulsing pain at 13, and all 16's are good. 20 i have no idea, i kind of like the No Sanctuary talent

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
As I understand it League is much more about individual play making than HOTS is. I am curious how other people's experiences have been that jump shipped to League and DOTA2 over the last year or so.

Pacifaxe

Oct 28, 2017
West Sacramento
Definitely all about that individual play... while learning my friends tricked me into starting with Riven, after about a month I decided to play as Garen to try and understand the game. It has its moments and all but I couldn't get over how wonky team fights felt in comparison. Also losing just crushes your spirit if you know you're the reason top snowballed out of control.

I will say... bring the ban system over to HOTS please. Love how fast it goes.

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As I understand it League is much more about individual play making than HOTS is. I am curious how other people's experiences have been that jump shipped to League and DOTA2 over the last year or so.

I jumped ship to DOTA2 for a while. And while that game is good, its just way too long and slow for me these days. I sometimes have 20-25 mins to jump on and play. Unfortunately after playing Hots for so long its probably ruined every Moba going forward for me. Unless someone can make one as fast as Hots plays Ill probably be done with Moba's after Hots dies in 5/6 years.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have it in me to actually boycott blizz, but recent events have sapped my willingness to put up with these exhausting grindy LTEs, for certain.

Doesn't help that the roaring twenties theme doesn't do anything for me, either.

I was having trouble jugging Destiny and HotS LTEs anyway.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
might be in the minority, but i don't even think about completing the quests. I just play games and eventually i finish the events lol.

Also, Blizz is announcing something on their Heroes of the Storm twitch channel tomorrow at 10am PST. Given the quaking ground teaser in-game, and now the HOTS Subreddit is shaking.... I think its safe to say its the Dva rework!
Or its Deathwing :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 57578

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Some of the main points from the first look:
  • Always a dragon (no human form like alex). Slightly bigger than Alex
  • Permanently unstoppable
  • Cannot be targeted by allies (no healing, etc....)
  • Opposite of Garrosh- less armor more health he loses
  • Mount has long wind up, but then launches him off map. Heals while off map. Can then land anywhere with ally visibility. Cannot used abilities for brief period after landing
  • Two stances- different ability sets in each stance. Q is highest DPS ability in game and shared by both stances. Stance 1 focuses on melee, stance 2 range
  • All abilities have very long windups- easy to dodge.
  • Gets ult at level 1- "Cataclysm". Flies a short distance burning everything in his path.
  • Level 10 can upgrade ult (increase damage, reset on keep/fort destruction or give him an AOE fear
  • Talents- only a few things mentioned. Level 7 talents add effects to landing from mount form (like meteors). One of his level 20's give his mount an aoe stun on landing and grants all level 7 talents.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of weird we went from half a year between imperius and anduin to qhira just a couple months later to deathwing just a couple months after her

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Qhira released August 6th and Deathwing arrives November 5th or 12th. Pretty much exactly on par with their current cadence 1 every 4 months.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Oh the break between imperius and anduin was just slightly longer. It was 3 months and 22 days between imperius and anduin and 3 months and 7 days between Anduin and Qhira and depending on whether Deathwing lands on PTR next Monday or the Monday after Blizzcon it will be 3 months and 6 days or just under 3 months

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Been playing this game a bit recently during the all heroes free week. It's a little jarring to come across heroes I have no idea existing but the game is still a lot of fun. Deathwing coming and he looks great.