• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vegeta

Nov 10, 2017
Hope you guys don't mind me sharing this two pics at the con
free poster and mercy playing hots(chromie)

pqNILK1.jpg

PsJuYAU.jpg

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Damn that poster is dope. I'm really amazed at the reception for Orphea. Sure there are the people who are upset about "Nexus original hero when do i get Deathwing omg" but a lot of impressions ive heard/read have been extremely positive.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that poster is dope. I'm really amazed at the reception for Orphea. Sure there are the people who are upset about "Nexus original hero when do i get Deathwing omg" but a lot of impressions ive heard/read have been extremely positive.

I think it helps that they've put a special amount of effort into the character, and it shows. The animations are probably the best of any hero so far, and her kit has clearly been heavily iterated on and been in the works for a long time. Orphea is clearly a passion project of the devs.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing they REALLY needed to do was frame it as "This allows us to do character kits that we just can't find a home for among the Blizzard Universes.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Johanna like bad or something? She feels so useless against other heroes ( I'm still new)
No she is pretty good (competitive pick). She is very strong against heroes who like to use auto attacks as their main source of damage (like Raynor and Zuljin) and has like the best wave clear out of any main tank. Plus she has Unstoppable as a trait which is very strong in this game (can't be CC'd). She is a main tank hero which means she isn't going to do damage but she is meant to soak up damage, peel for her allies and set up team kills with her CC.

Deleted member 40797

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
Is Johanna like bad or something? She feels so useless against other heroes ( I'm still new)

To add to what Dahbomb said, Johanna has incredible sustain and peels - especially if you take Laws of Hope and Battle Momentum. However, outside of Blessed Shield (or running into the enemy team and popping Condemn) she lacks strong engage. But if she's "feeling useless against other heroes," I suspect you might not be appreciating the role of tanks in the genre (this is a good guide to tanking).

EDIT: Here is a list of builds by winrate and competitive builds with match replays.

Last edited:

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Seems like they are gonna continue with highly requested characters from now on, apparently Orphea is the only completely unique HotS character they have planned for at least the next 2 years.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they are gonna continue with highly requested characters from now on, apparently Orphea is the only completely unique HotS character they have planned for at least the next 2 years.
That seems like a "we really really really really really liked this kit but had zero characters to give it to" thing.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
2 years? I haven't heard any time frame mentioned like this. Its pretty obvious they'll focus on Blizzard heroes in general, it is after all the point of the game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a new character pop up in the comics that eventually makes it to the Nexus next year. We are getting to the point where they'll have to start adding lesser known heroes from the various IPs, so it makes some sense to start crafting new original content once the potential new hero pool dries up. I'm hoping for Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Baal, Mannoroth, Overmind, Deathwing, Imperius, and another original hero at Blizzcon next year.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
2 years? I haven't heard any time frame mentioned like this. Its pretty obvious they'll focus on Blizzard heroes in general, it is after all the point of the game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a new character pop up in the comics that eventually makes it to the Nexus next year. We are getting to the point where they'll have to start adding lesser known heroes from the various IPs, so it makes some sense to start crafting new original content once the potential new hero pool dries up. I'm hoping for Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Baal, Mannoroth, Overmind, Deathwing, Imperius, and another original hero at Blizzcon next year.

This is where i saw the time frame mentioned:

https://tempostorm.com/articles/reflections-from-blizzcon-2018

"Secondly, Orphea is intended to effectively be the one HotS-original hero. While the dev team wouldn't commit to never again making an original hero, 2019 and 2020 will almost certainly not include any more original heroes, instead resuming a steady diet of highly-requested heroes like Imperius, Deathwing, and Reinhardt (this doesn't confirm that those are the next few heroes, but does suggest they're high enough on the priority list that we can expect at least one, if not two of those heroes in the next year). "

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Dude did the Blizz devs specifically mention those heroes? Cuz those are the heroes I want the most lol... thats dope. I'm not surprised Rein and Imperius but if they can find a way to get Deathwing to work in HOTS I'll be so thrilled. I hope they figure out some way to make him always be in dragon form. I'd hate to see that god awful abomination of his human form show up in HOTS.

Here's another "hero" I've been thinking about... Nefarian and Onyxia as like a 2 person hero. God damn that would be cool.

Deleted member 40797

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
I tanked my HL rating (thanks, alcohol) and just recovered all my silver ranks playing Ana with a 95% winrate over the past few days (let's see what I can do about gold). Secretly OP?

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rein is gonna be in the moment they get his shield mechanic to work.

That may take some time.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Haha Dva's Defense Matrix is so bad...

"Let me lower the damage of the frontline rather than the backline that actually does real damage!"

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
edit -

So hots wants to pair me with players in brazil and south america ... ping to those areas is 200 plus -_- ... yet i choose midwest to be around 40ms. sigh .. games just get thrown because i just end up sitting there either auto attacking or ntohing at all during those moments of lag.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mayordolo

Mayordolo

Oct 25, 2017
You've set your preference to ORD1? I had a similar problem a while back and that fixed it to me.

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played in about 2 years and reinstalled out of nowhere last year. This game is still pretty damn fun. I only played 2 champs really. Butcher and...whoever tank girl is. Both seem awesome and fun still, but butcher meat drops seem tovhave changed.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played in about 2 years and reinstalled out of nowhere last year. This game is still pretty damn fun. I only played 2 champs really. Butcher and...whoever tank girl is. Both seem awesome and fun still, but butcher meat drops seem tovhave changed.
They've reworked him since you last played, so yes he's much different now. They've started reworking old heroes to bring them up-to-date with current design philosophies, so a lot of the older heroes play significantly differently than before.

OP
OP
Mayordolo

Mayordolo

Oct 25, 2017
how do i do that? im not familiar of what "ORD1" is

ORD1 is the Midwest server. If you CTRL+ALT+F in game you can see your ping and what the server is called. That's just useless trivia, though, haha.

But setting it to prefer Midwest (and now West Coast, that I'm out here) fixed my issue. I kept getting Brazil games randomly before that too.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
ORD1 is the Midwest server. If you CTRL+ALT+F in game you can see your ping and what the server is called. That's just useless trivia, though, haha.

But setting it to prefer Midwest (and now West Coast, that I'm out here) fixed my issue. I kept getting Brazil games randomly before that too.
okay, done! yeah, i had a lot of people from brazil in those matches.

Oct 26, 2017
Trying out some new champs, and holy moly. I think I'm in love with Anya. She just has the full kit. Especially when you get those exploding rounds for her ult at the end.

Oct 26, 2017
I really need to stop taking Nano Boost with Ana with randoms. They have 0 idea what I'm doing or when I do it, and it is mostly wasted.

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone recommend me a hero that is a good tank buster? Tired of these massive tanks that take shot after shot. I'll sacrifice whatever else needed in a hero as long as they bring the firepower to chip away at a tank.

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend me a hero that is a good tank buster? Tired of these massive tanks that take shot after shot. I'll sacrifice whatever else needed in a hero as long as they bring the firepower to chip away at a tank.

Strong AA, like maybe tychus who starts off with % damage attacks. I like consistent dps to scare off tanks like AA. A lot of them also have % damage talents later as well.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tychus and Malthael are built specifically to counter high HP heroes. Other heroes can get talents at like lvl16 that do % based damage on attacks like Valla, Raynor, Hanzo, Fenix, Artanis, Falstad etc.

Generally any good auto attack hero does well against a tank. Zuljin, Sgt Hammer, Lunara etc. who you can't really afford to just sit there and take damage for too long as they keep getting value and your healers can't out heal the damage that is being sustained. Another one to look at is Greymane as he has a talent that removes 35% HP of the opponent straight up as an ultimate with a not so long cooldown. Great if they are playing a single tank and Greymane can attack fast with his W active and then jump in to finish them off.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I played as Fenix for the first time today, really fun to play, I liked the switching between firing modes like Sgt. Hammer has.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whiemane/Orpha/Ashe all getting released within 4 months of each other is pretty hilarious. Blizzard's art team really liked the Albino color palette for a stint there.