• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
There does seem to be a distinct lack of early votes so far tbh.

Voting is fun!

Remember Image Mafia and how much we were all voting early on? That felt good, I thought it was a sign that we were back to the "vote for people" meta on D1.

We still have 3 players who haven't posted (Nin, Brasil and Swamped) and some players who only opened their chests and disappeared. But it's the weekend so we may have low activity. I'm not to worried about that.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
We still have 3 players who haven't posted (Nin, Brasil and Swamped) and some players who only opened their chests and disappeared. But it's the weekend so we may have low activity. I'm not to worried about that.
Yeah that's fair, I think the chest opening probably replaced the spot where early joke votes probably would have occurred more too.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Sorry about not being around guys, I'm at a party currently and have no idea when I'll be home.

When I get home, I'll catch up.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

You aren't usualy this relaxed Fran. Well not as mafia anyway.

Leaning you town.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I meant how eager you were to know.
Information is the name of the game. If I'm seen as too eager then so be it, that's how I play. I got what I want and now it's there for everyone to see.

Also, if we don't poke and prod at one's post then how can we unravel if someone's telling the truth? Care to suggest how I should have done it? Or should I not have done it at all?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Information is the name of the game. If I'm seen as too eager then so be it, that's how I play. I got what I want and now it's there for everyone to see.

Also, if we don't poke and prod at one's post then how can we unravel if someone's telling the truth? Care to suggest how I should have done it? Or should I not have done it at all?
So what did you find out exactly?

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
That sounds like a weak excuse for not voting and I'm not liking it. I want a vote from him everyday.

I think I agree with you here. It's not particularly beneficial to hold off on voting, unless Chug has reason to believe that he can be sure he's voting scum in the near future. At the very least, it makes sense to me to take a chance on a vote at the end of D1 for a (roughly...) 50/50 chance of marking 1 tally against scum.

We're not supposed to edit posts, that's one of the main rules, just a heads up.

You can't edit posts. Be careful with that.
Sorry! I realized my mistake as soon as I did it. Thanks for the heads up, y'all. D:

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Man I broke my own cardinal rule about not joining games with a large number of players but the allure of a bastard game was too tempting...SO MANY POSTS. And it's the weekend, forgive my lack of activity. Sorry I missed opening a chest though, congrats to the winner.

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
In fact,
So my role has an hono(u?)n system. If I vote for a town player I lose an honor point and if I vote for a non town player, I gain an honor point. If I die with positive honor I give an item to a town player and if I die with negative honor it goes to a random player. I would rather not give an item to scum by accident and there's a much better chance to vote for town than scum just because of the nature of the game, so how I'm going to play this is I'm just not going to vote unless I'm confident the person I'm placing a vote on isn't town.

Scratch what I said earlier, I misread this as negative honor goes to scum.
I still don't like the idea of not voting, but I can see how it statistically makes sense, assuming this is a positive item.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
But this Chuggs item seems different than the items of the last game.

Chuggs needs to die for the item to be shared.
Is that so? That could be right, I'm not sure.
In fact,

I still don't like the idea of not voting, but I can see how it statistically makes sense, assuming this is a positive item.
I misread the same thing, though I can see why Chuggs wouldn't want to vote in this case.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In fact,

It makes no sense since he has neutral honour currently, so if he dies with never voting, uh....who knows what happens to the item.

he can't use this role, as posted, as an excuse to not vote at least once.

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
Well, I suppose we can rule out voting for Chug or Loki D1 based on risk alone. Possibly Apo, as well, given he won the first event.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Is that so? That could be right, I'm not sure.

We are only trying to guess what the gamerunner intended. And we are talking about Geno here so anything it's possible.

It just "feel" different to me. In the previous game you were able to secretly pass the item but, at least with what Chuggs said, he can't to do that.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
So for the time being voting for both loki and chuggs is out of the question since they got good reasons for being town (for now. This is a bastard mafia after all).

For the time being I'm going to abstain from voting however, Oliver James , apart from Chuggs, do you have a read on anyone else?

Note: I'll be mostly unavailable tonight as I'm at an event. I'll pick up the slack tomorrow.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
TearablePuns I don't think you answered me earlier when I asked, did you?
Have you ever played Life is Strange?
Hella!
So my role has an hono(u?)n system. If I vote for a town player I lose an honor point and if I vote for a non town player, I gain an honor point. If I die with positive honor I give an item to a town player and if I die with negative honor it goes to a random player. I would rather not give an item to scum by accident and there's a much better chance to vote for town than scum just because of the nature of the game, so how I'm going to play this is I'm just not going to vote unless I'm confident the person I'm placing a vote on isn't town.
It's funny that even though you would technically be dead, you could still choose who to give an item to.
giphy.gif

Am I dead? I didn't open a chest. I really didn't think the event would end before every chest was open.

That is super screechy that someone was here and didn't open a chest though
giphy.gif

You aren't usualy this relaxed Fran. Well not as mafia anyway.
You're not wrong.
But Fran could be switching is scum style up

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For the record since this sounds ambiguous reading it back.

I believe his role PM may be lying either outright or by omitting something important.

Fwiw, Geno didn't lie via roles last time, the lies were things like minigames not doing what they were supposed to, shitty secret votes, and I think there was an item that made no sense with who it belonged to.

I was reading the rules for any unique stuff and just saw the extra 30 minutes if a tie happens. Shuts down that concern at least.

Means I can be even more of an asshole at day end to catch fence sitters.

Wait a sec, so the honor points are reversed? Good catch.

Reversed in what way? It reads right to me, bad if he votes for town, good if he votes for non-town. Or am I reading it wrong too?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here, just chillin.

My hot takes are that Sorian is Town and Tearable is Scum, and their most recent posts do nothing to change this.