• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Okay okay.

I'm glad Apo flipped Scum. His whole claimed sounded like weird nonsense about being an auto coroner for a secret group we don't even know exists. :/

Now a couple things. I'm still at work so no deep dives yet but some things stood out to me.

Snorian taking a side seat to all this with Fran/myself was something I didn't like. If Fran flips Scum I'd look hard at him. WHich brings me to Fran.

I said it before but I'll explain more now. I was hesitant about believing VA's claim of doctor because I knew that I was a protective role already and Fran himself hinted earlier that he was gone/moving during like...N3. It was a Hammer Time gif. So I figured, ok, two untargetable roles in a game being x-shot is fine for balance, sure. But that PLUS a full Doc who can give out a BP? That sounds like garbage, especially given the low deaths we've had so far.

So I'm thinking this. With AB backing up VA in their claim I'm more willing to believe that Fran is lying about his role or he is Scum with that role. Either way I do not believe he is Town.

"But Sneeks, why not say this when AB backed up VA?"

Because this game is a lot and I honestly forgot about Fran's little tease. I've also been busy the last 24 hours.

HOWEVER, a question. Is it normal for someone to recieve a message saying the action name being used on them? As in, AB claimed that he got a Divine Shield from VA. Would that be normal to get or would he just be told about having a BP?

I also think this all ties in with Stan and Stu/Nat.

Stan claims to have hit Fran with a power the night he should not have been targetable but yet never got refunded. Stan also claims a role that Stu/Nat also has. That's a lot of combo powers and conflicting information for there not to be some liars in the mix.

If I had a gun I'd shoot Stan right now. He would give info on Fran (if Stan's power is real), on Stu/Nat, and by extension VA/AB.
Stan's claimed power is not the same as what I have left

Day 7 Start
OP
OP
Geno

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Dharkon's Domain (I will write Michael Scott and Geoffrey flavor at some other point, I don't want 3 posts of flavor lol).

Rick: This is it Morty, the bastard that's been ruining our lives. Let's get this son of a bitch.
Morty: Hell yeah Rick!
(Gill shows up).
Rick: Look, they won't even send their strongest. What bullshit. What the fuck are you supposed to be?
Gill: Kneel before your master.
Morty: Good joke, Rick won't kneel to anyone.
Gill: Then prepare to die.
A0llrHA.gif

Gill: Die.
nK2iwLv.gif

(Rick uses the teleporter to send this back at Gill, Gill dodges).
Gill: Interesting. (Gill goes in melee range and grabs Morty). I'll kill him if you don't surrender.
Rick: (Fuck...) Alright, alright. I surrender. (Puts down portal gun).
Gill: Take this... SERAPHIC WING.
JgGUsfi.gif

(Rick is killed)
Morty: Fuck off. (Grabs portal gun and sends Gill to another dimension where the only thing that exists is giant piranhas. He dies of course.
n871uPW.gif

A general of Dharkon has finally been defeated and Dharkon is now slightly weakened.

EzekelRage has died, he was...
0Vp4ioO.gif

Welcome, EzekelRage.

You are Rick (Rick and Morty), the smartest person alive.

You are aligned with the Heroes (That's the Town).

You win when all threats to the Heroes are eliminated.

Twice in the game, during the night, select 2 players to switch with the command PORTAL GUN: NAME1, NAME2. This means that if a player targets Player 1 their action will instead be used on Player 2 and vice versa.

Game Thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/heroes-vs-villains-2-mafia-ot-a-clash-of-light-and-darkness.135229/

Good Luck, Rick!

Flavor Stuff:
Rick at first didn't see a reason to help the heroes fight Galeem and Dharkon, but Beth convinced him to join the heroes because maybe some things are worth fighting for. Morty of course was asked to come along for the ride. Now Rick and Morty are ready to fight Dharkon.

Rick's item was ??? and gave him 1 more switch shot.

Peach's Castle

Thanos: So, you've been hiding a stone here. (Uses the stones to kill the whole team that was protecting the castle). This is mine now...grabs the Time Stone. Only 2 more and it will all be over.

Thanos is now in possession of the Time Stone.

Day 7 Begins

giphy.gif

0zh817lnip

Last edited:

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I want some answer to these questions:

- Aeleus said that they tried to add Maol to a thunderdome N2 but he was switched with Brazil. Zeke flipped switcher but said that he didn't acted N2.

- Chuggs claimed that someone forced 2 posts on him D2 but Wee had that power and she was blocked by an event.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god...I've been shitting a brick all night after Abs pointed out LAST MINUTE THAT GIVING ITEMS GOES LAST. lmao. But that is my fault. I gave Chuggs the revolver overnight just in case I made it. I still have the Rebellion.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
brb work. when i get back i'll post what i have from last night. I went through some votes and the claims/flips and narrowed down suspects.

Oct 25, 2017
I want some answer to these questions:

- Aeleus said that they tried to add Maol to a thunderdome N2 but he was switched with Brazil. Zeke flipped switcher but said that he didn't acted N2.

- Chuggs claimed that someone forced 2 posts on him D2 but Wee had that power and she was blocked by an event.

I claimed no such thing lol

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god...I've been shitting a brick all night after Abs pointed out LAST MINUTE THAT GIVING ITEMS GOES LAST. lmao. But that is my fault. I gave Chuggs the revolver overnight just in case I made it. I still have the Rebellion.

You should have been fine with Natiko still in the game. That wasn't too much of a concern.

Also don't say who you saved last night because scum can work around that.

Oct 26, 2017
By the by, I will be ghostly tomorrow. I'm traveling to San Francisco in prep for Metallica S&M concert Friday night! I'll be around today/tonight though.

You should have been fine with Natiko still in the game. That wasn't too much of a concern.

Also don't say who you saved last night because scum can work around that.
tenor.gif

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah also going to do this.

VOTE: Fran

Bad claim, whether Stan is scum too or not, he doesn't lie for fun about his shot getting used up, Fran was targetable even though he said he wasn't.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Saw: she is lying and I'm sure that she is the partner of Swamped and Vere.

As I said before when I did my ISO on Tearable D3, He was protected several times by flipped scum:

Tearable:

A lot of fluff at the start of the game.

This is a weird post:

Flavour is flavour. And Geno didn't gave any clues in HvV 1 in the flavour.

He says this about Chugg's role:

He thinks that OJ was fishing regarding Chugg's role:

He post a long read list:

I think that Fando as a town read was weird D1. Says that OJ was acting strange and he thought that he was fishing but never voted him. Thinks that Stuart can be scum because of meta and vote for him.

Tearable was one of the leading wagons for a while D1. He was in the lead with OJ at a time. At the end of the first EoD he was just one vote behing Stu and OJ. There are some posts of Vere defending Tearable during D1.

Questioned Swamped wagon:

Ends the day still in Stu. He wasn't much at risk at this point:

Read list D2. Votes Muffin:

He still is suspicious about the Swamped vote. Gives a better explanation about his Stu's read.

Read list D3:

Has doubts about AB's power:

Last Read list:

I'm not sure about this vote. Yes, Tearable was posting mostly fluff at the beggining of the game and that's why he got a bunch of votes but since D2 he has been giving several read lists and talking about plenty of things. There is still some fluff but there are some really good posts in between them with actual work.

My main concern his how Vere and Swamped tried to defend him:

Both Swamped and Vere had several posts where they defended Tearable. This is suspicious. Could be that they were trying to pocket him but both of them? It's weird. I don't find his posts suspicious but 2 confirmed scum tried to protect him. I could vote here.

I claimed that I was untargeteable Day 5 but Saw never said anything. She didn't thought that it was weird that I had the same role as her.

Look at her claim:

I'm Sonic the Hedgehog (lol) an x-shot commuter.

Was untargetable on N1.
Got my item on N4 but it was also stolen that night. Please give back my Chaos Emerald :(
Isn't Fran also claiming x-shot commuter?
According to the above post he is claiming ascetic. That means he could still be targeted for a NK
Then if Fran is claiming commuter then VA or Fran is lying. I don't believe we have 2 commuters plus a full doc who can give out a BP.

AB has backed VA up on their command and unless they're on a team together I don't believe Fran.

Stan is also wrapped up in this since he targeted Fran on an untargetable night and never got a refunded shot. So if Fran is telling the truth for some reason then I'd look at stan.

Gotta drive to work so brb

It's obvious that she saw a claim list with a mistake and she just fucked up her claim. And even when she was corrected about that she tried to shade VA and Stan instead of confrontating.

She also claimed that she received an item N4 but was stolen the same night:

TP/myself also received an item N4 but according to geno it was lost the same night. Guessing it was stolen?

And that is not possible. The giving command is the last action of the day. So the steal would go first and they couldn't stole what she didn't had.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Bad claim, whether Stan is scum too or not, he doesn't lie for fun about his shot getting used up, Fran was targetable even though he said he wasn't.

Either Stan is lying or Geno fucked up. I'm hoping that it's not a fuck up because this will be the second time that I die in HvV for a mistake.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Going along with the morning star / ball and chain post this is Aeleus again writing something slightly different to what Fran actually claimed.

Fran never said specifically Ascetic, he said untargetable.

Aeleus: Man with No Name, 1-shot gladiator
Brazil: Ed and Ein, 2-shot Chat hacker
Fran: Alucard, X-shot Ascetic
Lokiduck: Captain America, Innocent cop/RB
TheChuggernaut: Arthur Morgan: Honourable voter
EzekelRAGE: Rick, 2-shot switcher
Stantastic: 1-shot Anti-Avenger
Vincent Alexander: Uther, doctor + 1-shot BP giver
Faddy: Villager, 1-shot double voter
Natiko: Yasuo, Town JOAT (Untargetable, BP stripper, death subsitute + Convertable SK)
Cat: Leon Kennedy, Virus doctor
Apopheniac: Charlie Nash, Coroner
Muffin: Megaman, Power Copier
Absolutbro: Solid Snake, 2-shot Item stealer + flavour cop
Sorian: Riku, Event death/ITA immune
Sawneeks: ???

Apopheniac's claims:
Ketkat = Bus driver
Fandorin = Roleblocker
----------

So Zeke claims switcher and Apop claims Ketkat was a switcher
Brazil had the role I expected him to have so that furthers my town read of him
Stan used up a shot when fran claims untargetable
Fandorin claimed to Brazil the role Stan is currently claiming

This happening once is possible but happening twice with the same person is very suspect.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Going along with the morning star / ball and chain post this is Aeleus again writing something slightly different to what Fran actually claimed.

Fran never said specifically Ascetic, he said untargetable.

This happening once is possible but happening twice with the same person is very suspect.
The implication being that they're on a scum team together?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Either Stan is lying or Geno fucked up. I'm hoping that it's not a fuck up because this will be the second time that I die in HvV for a mistake.

The only reason Stan would be lying here is if Saw and him are together and they pre-planned ahead of time that they wanted Saw to to counter claim you instead of just claiming something else. If you are telling the truth then that's an easy two scum in Saw and Stan but then, again, why would Stan bother to link himself to her?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
The implication being that they're on a scum team together?

Yes. That Aeleus already had the information. Ascetic is Fran's fake claim which Aeleus saw in their scum thread but he didn't write it that way in the game thread. And that there was a discussion in the scum thread about what a Morning Star is.

For this to be true they both need to be with Apop. (If we think it is still 3 teams of 3)

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason Stan would be lying here is if Saw and him are together and they pre-planned ahead of time that they wanted Saw to to counter claim you instead of just claiming something else. If you are telling the truth then that's an easy two scum in Saw and Stan but then, again, why would Stan bother to link himself to her?

Stan could be another scum lying not related to Saw. We have several scum teams here.

He may have faked a role and forgot that I claimed that I was untargeteable N2 and fucked up.

Just look at his claim:

Im Kratos, assumedly kratos as of the recent game as im on the hero team lol.

My ability was a 1shot...theres a proper name for this role but i cant rememebr it.
Basically i could target someone, and if that person killed someone that night, i would also kill them.

N2 Neon targeted Fran, who is notably still alive.

He don't even know what his role is called. And also, if I weren't untargeteable, I would never counterclaim him as I would have to admit a kill.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me a recap on the connections between them again? I'm sorry that I'm mostly worthless so far. I think Stan's claim stinks though, and if we're arguing between two groups of two (Saw/Stan or Fran/Aeleus) then at this point in my reading I would lean towards the former grouping being scum. I've done zero vote analysis at this point though and I know Aeleus has been a leading candidate before and that could shed some additional light.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Easy solution to this problem, have fran pass his item to somebody who then immediately passes it back, if the item is actually called "ball and chain" (lol) then you know something weird is going on

That;s not how items work, once something is passed, it can't be passed again that day.

Stan could be another scum lying not related to Saw. We have several scum teams here.

He may have faked a role and forgot that I claimed that I was untargeteable N2 and fucked up.

Just look at his claim:

He don't even know what his role is called. And also, if I weren't untargeteable, I would never counterclaim him as I would have to admit a kill.

I don't think Stan just lies for fun. He would just be lynched right after you if you are telling the truth. He had plenty of chances to say he got his shot back but was very clear that it got used. The name of the role also doesn't matter much, none of the PMs say the same of the role.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone give me a recap on the connections between them again? I'm sorry that I'm mostly worthless so far. I think Stan's claim stinks though, and if we're arguing between two groups of two (Saw/Stan or Fran/Aeleus) then at this point in my reading I would lean towards the former grouping being scum. I've done zero vote analysis at this point though and I know Aeleus has been a leading candidate before and that could shed some additional light.
Stan claimed that he used his action on Fran and didn't get his shot refunded, and Fran claimed before that he was untargetable that night because of his role.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
That;s not how items work, once something is passed, it can't be passed again that day.

I don't think Stan just lies for fun. He would just be lynched right after you if you are telling the truth. He had plenty of chances to say he got his shot back but was very clear that it got used. The name of the role also doesn't matter much, none of the PMs say the same of the role.

Maybe he didn't get his shot back because he never used any shot and he is just lying. Crazy, right?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Just look at his claim:

Scum have fake claims with clear names. Do you think Stan made up a fake role for himself to implicate you. Or do you think this is his scum power. And it doesn't look like scum have clear role names. They are mostly JOATS or the role name is questionable and not explicitly in the role PM.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
This should catch you up

D2: Aeleus and Verelios FoL scum mates (Accused by Fran and Fanto)
D4/5: Aeleus and Maol Jedah scum mates (Accused by Fran and Wee)
D7: Aeleus and Fran FoD scum mates (Accused by Faddy and probably also Fran tbh)

Also I'm voting for Fran over Sawneeks today, conspiracy theories be damned

Nevermind then (didn't wee recieve the chip and then pass it to muffin the same day?)

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Because Zeke was not one of the green checks? I explicitly asked for a list, and he was not on it. The scum teams are presumably somewhat small - they'll eventually have to go for me or a confirmed town, at which point I'll die.
Zeke claimed switcher and scum tried to use their fakeclaim to shade him yesterday. It seemed pretty obvious to me that Zeke is town.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Scum have fake claims with clear names. Do you think Stan made up a fake role for himself to implicate you. Or do you think this is his scum power. And it doesn't look like scum have clear role names. They are mostly JOATS or the role name is questionable and not explicitly in the role PM.

And Maol claimed Nexus Doctor and that was not his fake claim. That means absolutely nothing.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017

Just look at his claim:

Stan posts his claim in the thread without going back to his PM to check what the exact term is? Mild shock. Can't see Town Stan doing that.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I mean, we just 2-shot roleblocker flip

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Don't see how not knowing the official name for your role makes it less trustworthy, if anything it makes it sound like they haven't just googled it/it was their given fake claim

I mean, we just 2-shot roleblocker flip
*I mean, we just had a 2-shot scum roleblocker flip

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

And Apho claimed coroner when his fake claim is bodyguard.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Fran we have a counterclaim against you and somebody compromising your claim with their night action. I don't see how you get out of that, and your points about Stan and Neeks claims aren't nearly enough to me.

VOTE: Fran

Oct 25, 2017
So the way I see it today should be between me, Neeks, and Fran.

You know they say that all people are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Sawneeks and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another person, you got a 50/50 chance of not getting voted out. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Fran to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way vote, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Fran KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!

So Sawneeks, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of not getting voted out today. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of not getting voted out today. See Sawneeks, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you today.

Anyway, with that being said I think the choice of who to vote today is obvious.

Vote: Sawneeks